WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
I've being seeing so much of it everywhere recently. billboards, recommended videos, my tweets, reddit posts, and even in my fucking college, its driving me nuts. So many people trying to give everyone a reason to live but completely fail to miss the point about there are people who commit suicide. I get that there are people who made and it out and I'm not denying that life could get better for some people, but YOU and I are not the same person, I don't want to live. No its not crazy to want to die when you are in pain all the damn time. I keep seeing the same shitty advice: "take a walk", "rebuild yourself", "find a new therapi-" how am I supposed to do all that when I become fucking homeless ???? Even on mental health and trauma forums, they keep saying shit like: "Why not just wait for death ?" I'm not waiting under a highway bridge or an abusive household to die. Like, its not like anything will happen once you die. Since some of these dumb fucks are so prolife, why don't they just pop out new babies to replace people ?? There is literally nothing wrong with choosing to end your own life.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: letmechoosemyfate, AnnonyBox, SadJessu and 21 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I was told on Reddit to go to a forest and close my eyes. Yeah that'll be just freakin fantastic. So many pro lifers on Reddit it's crazy

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pretty Persuasion, ShanaRei, Regen and 9 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Nobody believes that this situation is possible until it happens to them.

• Hugs
Reactions: AnnonyBox, toasterbath, Someday_Somehow32 and 11 others
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
many people cannot comprehend how truly horrific it is to lose everything, to have no means to support a decent life for yourself, to end up alone and on the streets or perhaps, if fortunate enough, to live in a car... people tend to think badly of the homeless in the sense that they believe they did something to deserve their predicament, as in treating their family badly therefore having no one to turn to, being a drug addict that couldn't hold a job, etc. they don't understand how easy it is for anyone to end up in this situation. I too face soon becoming homeless or ending up with abusive family. I can't take this shit anymore. I'm tired. I'm ready.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: toasterbath, ShanaRei, Finding Sirius and 7 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
It's pretty awkward to just say "Yeah, maybe you should kill yourself". Most people will avoid that. I've seen people on this site give advice like you're talking about, and we're all suicidal here. I think people are somewhat conditioned to want to say something positive when someone is suffering, even if it's useless.

I do understand the frustration of being in a shitty situation and no one can really help, though.

Reactions: Hirokami, Chinaski, letthisbeover and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, anything which is pro life is certainly irritating. Even this website is not free from that, where even suicidal people get their feelings dismissed and are insulted. Wherever there are people there will be the potential for harm to be created after all. All pro life beliefs are delusions. It's quite unbelievable how so many in this world are in denial of the harsh reality of this existence and deny all of the suffering that is very real. The objective truth is that life is absolutely horrifying.

Forced optimism is extremely invalidating and is everywhere despite this. It's disturbing how in this world many people are against suicide and see it as being a terrible thing. They are insane. Death could never be an awful thing as it solves all problems and is inevitable for us all, after all. The reality is that there is no benefit to enduring endless suffering and that for many people death is simply the preferable option. This fact should be respected rather than the horrific view that everyone must suffer at all costs. Other people are not living our lives so what could ever give them the right to decide whether we continue existing or not. The truth is that they have no right.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, resolutory, WonderingSoul and 4 others
BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
I think there's a place for non-judgemental listening, of witnessing, of simply being there for someone who's suffering. That way you're neither advising suicide nor giving people platitudes when they're clearly in their darkest hours.

Reactions: Hirokami, Regen, Chronicoverwhelm and 1 other person
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
In a world where there are wars, torture, poverty, misery, murder, people can prey on kids, it's weird that people demonize suicide so much, we're only seeking for peace and relief. I see people bashing people that ctb left and right and I really think all of those people are absolute cunts that have no clue nor empathy.

I don't want to try fucking pilates, I wanna out, excuse me

Reactions: ShanaRei, BipolarExpress, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022
The more I suffer the more pro-life BS makes me angry and I can't handle seeing or hearing any of it any more. How dare anyone decide what another should do with their body and their life ever, but especially when they live in an entirely different reality. How dare pro-lifers expect someone who is suffering to continue to exist and suffer and just stay here just because CTB offends them.

Reactions: BipolarExpress, ShanaRei, resolutory and 1 other person
B

BGooG

Aug 26, 2022
Playing devil's advocate here:

Most people on this site agree that it's incredibly difficult for others, say prolifers, to understand the despair and pain that can drive many here to want to end their pain. We argue that they simply do not understand, and so speak out of ignorance or arrogance, or a sense of condescension (if only you try harder, or get help, or let it fucking go … whatever).

By the same logic, isn't it possible that many people here simply cannot fathom the faith in life, redemption, recovery, or whatever, that drives pro life individuals to vehemently disagree with the feelings of those on this site. For us, their belief in life is unfathomable. So we view it as discounting or dismissing our feelings, and as negation of us and our experiences.

Most generally, if prolife people cannot understand the people here and their basic motivations, what makes us think that we can understand their motivations for arguing for life at all costs? Ultimately it's not evil, or even ill-intentioned. It's just a fundamental disconnect in frame of reference.

As I said, just playing devil's advocate.

Reactions: sleeps, katagiri83, Hirokami and 1 other person
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
For us, their belief in life is unfathomable. So we view it as discounting or dismissing our feelings, and as negation of us and our experiences.
This is pretty much it. Different people have different mentalities, for whatever reason. It's a similar thing to how the Allied soldiers during the Pacific Theatre of World War II couldn't fathom why the Japanese soldiers would commit suicide kamikaze attacks and bonzai charges. Meanwhile, the Japanese soldiers couldn't fathom how so many Allied soldiers would surrender instead of fighting to the death.

Each side had different mentalities of what was considered normal and the right thing to do and anything that went against their specific ideas of what was normal seemed bizarre and unbelievable to them.

Similar thing here. It's just a general lack of empathy.

It's just a shame that one side (the pro-lifers) are in charge of society and get to implement their ideas of what is right and normal with no empathy or consideration for people are disagree and have other ideas. It's just a lack of empathy combined with the ability to dominate others.

Reactions: Un-
ShanaRei

ShanaRei

Some day my prince (of death) will come
Nov 17, 2022
I was told on Reddit to go to a forest and close my eyes. Yeah that'll be just freakin fantastic. So many pro lifers on Reddit it's crazy
Go into the woods and close your eyes? Yeah right. Many of us don't live near somewhere that's safe enough to do that

Reactions: angelallalone
BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
I don't want to try fucking pilates, I wanna out, excuse me
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. "You can ward off depression by eating healthy meals, exercising three times a week, and avoiding screen time." "Ten tips for a happier life." Fuck off, I want to tell them. Fuck right off and leave me the fuck alone, since your Shiny Happy People bullshit hasn't helped me at all. How many of the people on this forum have tried exercise, healthy eating, and avoiding social media? How many of these people have tried seeing therapists and psychiatrists? How many of the people on this forum have been on antidepressants and mood stabilisers? How many of us have even tried ECT and still post here? How many of us have talked to friends, relatives, and partners about their ideations? How many of us have gone to support groups? And yet we still want to die. If someone is that low, the last thing they need is bullshit platitudes about eating more vegetables, lighting candles, trying the keto or paleo diet, doing Pilates, or the old classic, "Why don't you try yoga?" All right for you, you sanctimonious shitheads. Try living in my head for a fucking change!

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, toasterbath, Bah and 1 other person
Primus

Primus

Oct 9, 2022
I've being seeing so much of it everywhere recently. billboards, recommended videos, my tweets, reddit posts, and even in my fucking college, its driving me nuts. So many people trying to give everyone a reason to live but completely fail to miss the point about there are people who commit suicide. I get that there are people who made and it out and I'm not denying that life could get better for some people, but YOU and I are not the same person, I don't want to live. No its not crazy to want to die when you are in pain all the damn time. I keep seeing the same shitty advice: "take a walk", "rebuild yourself", "find a new therapi-" how am I supposed to do all that when I become fucking homeless ???? Even on mental health and trauma forums, they keep saying shit like: "Why not just wait for death ?" I'm not waiting under a highway bridge or an abusive household to die. Like, its not like anything will happen once you die. Since some of these dumb fucks are so prolife, why don't they just pop out new babies to replace people ?? There is literally nothing wrong with choosing to end your own life.

You know I find it fascinating. I am pro life. But paradoxically suicidal. I lost hope in everything. But I think its bizarre how even the most athiestic, left leaning individuals advocate suicide prevention rather then listening to us. Like wait a minute? You just bashed about how faith and hope is stupid. Yet in the same breath in a different post advocate for life? Promoting shitty, two dimensional resources that feel as if they were written by an A.I? I prefer consistent faith rather then selective faith. The reason I get frustrated as you in this context. Is because they can never really imagine, ironically when they say shit like "I've been in your shoes before."

Yet somehow expect me to be relived at the revelation? I agree its beyond obnoxious with this idiocy. Where somehow they're literal NPC's. For example. If I am an idiot. incapable of learning even the basic fundamentals of mathematics like pre-algebra. So I can understand Algebra, then Pre-calculus and Calculus. Mind you things that I need to know, so I can participate in classes, to which I can get my Bachelor degree/diploma for the career I want to achieve, and prosper? Like I've tried countless videos online and resources. Nothing clicks its a fever dream. They point and say non-sense to me. Half the time I cannot seem to detect any consistency or rules when it comes to mathematics, because of how stupid I am. Not to mention I have ADHD. Which is undiagnosed mind you. Basically I am forced to zone out, and I am incapable of retaining information due to my lack of exercise and nutritional diet. So its a cycle and a storm. A perfect, cultivated cluster-fuck of suffering.

"Why don't you go to tutors?" The suicide prevention guy on the phone said to go to "care.com" my God, 54 results? Holy fuck. $80-100 an hr? No thank you. Its bad enough my dad comes home from work tired and his hard earned money gets sucked by bills and taxes. I am a burden a disease. I was hopeful at one point. I really was. But I realized something. I am the problem. I cannot hold anything due to my suicidality. I am tired of everything. I used to think If I can keep trying I can learn. Let me ask you? How long do I have to keep trying? Till I am homeless? Lack of money? No roof over my head? No one to spend on me for education because everyone is either poor or dead? I don't wanna see my Mom homeless or brother because I work in shitty retail. What? Homeless programs barely work. They're either shitty after thoughts compensated by the state. Or just horrible in quality. 0 Human welfare.

We are treated like shit, afterthoughts, "deviants" within the system that doesn't care. To chew and spit us out. We are given talking point, because we realize its all for nothing. We want to die. Because of the system. "Why not change it?" I thought this was about living? The government is riddled with so much corruption that nothing ever gets done. I am sick of standing all day, watching mindless drones participate in souless consumerism with meaningless materialism. Endless consumption. This isn't capital. This is a pig house. Why not seek help you might ask? Help requires money lots of money, hell just because it worked for others what makes it work for me? I don't want countless resources only for me to go nowhere only to feel like even more shit. I want a release. I want to leave. I don't want to be here. Please. Please I've heard the bullshit. I don't want to live in this world. Just tell me. Tell me how to end it.