NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
That's whats holding me back. Trade a life full of pain for an eternity full of pain doesn't sound a nice idea.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, EmptyManForever, lobster salad and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, we will all be getting there sooner or later. There's nothing we can do.
I don't think killing ourselves would send us to hell or something like that. I bet we will all end up in the same place.

I guess that's why I'm not afraid of death but the pain.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: alown, EmptyManForever, yive and 8 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
That's whats holding me back. Trade a life full of pain for an eternity full of pain doesn't sound a nice idea.

Well we're destined to all enjoy an eternity full of pain because we don't believe in some big man that lives in the sky. Living a life full of pain only to get rewarded with an eternity of more pain sounds like a God that has psychopathic tendencies. God is a bully.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: xxsweetopheliaxx, lobster salad, sunsetintehwoods and 3 others
happylilsht

happylilsht

Jan 23, 2021
i'm scared my conscious will never die and i'll end up in a dream state forever like being in a coma and then realizing u r in a coma but instead realizing that u r dead and that u'r stuck in this state forever

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Roadkill
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
Personally I think death is complete, unconscious, oblivion.

Reactions: paininme and lobster salad
sunsetintehwoods

sunsetintehwoods

Same rules apply
Feb 22, 2021
I guess, there is not that bad company at seventh circle.

God is a bully.
God doesn't like suicidal people. But ok with those who commit suicide undirectly.

• Love
Reactions: Ame and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
i'm scared my conscious will never die and i'll end up in a dream state forever like being in a coma and then realizing u r in a coma but instead realizing that u r dead and that u'r stuck in this state forever

Consciousness probably won't exist without a brain so I think we'll never realize we're dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ame, watchingthewheels, yive and 2 others
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
Anything would be better than the pitiful existence I'm living. I don't know what's next, maybe there's nothing, maybe our live kick starts again as a semen that may or may not reach a womb, who knows.. whatever it is it's an inevitable fate for all of us sooner or later so it's unavoidable. I'm definitely not going to stick around until I die suddenly or naturally at an old age. I cannot endure this life much longer

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, voyager and Ame
BornBrief

BornBrief

Student
Dec 21, 2020
I understand this. I both want to feel nothing and am scared to feel nothing. Which really isn't a feeling in itself...

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I just want the memories to stop

• Hugs
Reactions: A Desperate Fool
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Anything would be better than the pitiful existence I'm living. I don't know what's next, maybe there's nothing, maybe our live kick starts again as a semen that may or may not reach a womb, who knows.. whatever it is it's an inevitable fate for all of us sooner or later so it's unavoidable. I'm definitely not going to stick around until I die suddenly or naturally at an old age. I cannot endure this life much longer

Semen does not a person make, indeed the egg holds more genetic information as mitochondrial DNA is only from the mother.
I've always imagined death is like going to sleep, mind you when I came close to ctb one time hell did come to mind, I had to spend a week doing abrahamic research to confirm my atheist beliefs.
Things I learnt is that hell isn't really mentioned in the bible.
Hades and sheol are both mistakenly translated to hell but both actually mean grave or place of death.
Gehanna was also mistaken as hell. In Jesus's day gehanna was a valley where rubbish was disposed of and lepers sent to live out its life. Jesus referred to gehanna burning day and night because in his time it had been doing that for centuries. The fire was eternal, the punishment was not.
Tartarus is the only word that generally translates as hell and it was only ever mentioned as a punishment for Angels.

Reactions: watchingthewheels
0utsider

0utsider

Dec 9, 2020
The most probable afterlife is non existence, the same state you were in before birth.
What I fear more than death is surviving a failed attempt - being a vegetable is kinda terrifying

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, voyager, watchingthewheels and 1 other person
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
i do not believe in God, but if he exists, then i hate him!

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and WatermelonMel
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
Tartarus is the only word that generally translates as hell and it was only ever mentioned as a punishment for Angels.
Don't forget the "Hel" of Norse mythology...

Reactions: Tackingintothewind
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
i do not believe in God, but if he exists, then i hate him!
I've always had this exact thought. If he existed then he doesn't do anything about suffering, mental illnesses, etc and therefore I hate him.

Reactions: yive
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Do not fear the reaper!! There is no punishment for leaving this place. Lives end all the time here. Not only people but everything else is in a constant cycle like animals bugs and fish and stuff. All that death every day would not be punishable. That would make zero sense IMO. You are allowed to die on your own terms. Think about all the "accidental" suicides. The ones who were "practicing" and actually went instead (lucky bastards!). Or the quick death of just average people for no reason (also lucky bastards) who were in an ignorant bliss and just "woke up" on the other side. Why would a punishment be given for just one or a few groups. I wish someone from the other side who CTB could just tell us what happens. Not an NDE but a full death. Could you imagine how quick many would just leave this place for sure. Sigh this place sucks.

Reactions: watchingthewheels and yive
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Don't forget the "Hel" of Norse mythology...

Of course but most people who think hell think dante's inferno.

Reactions: watchingthewheels
Uzera

Uzera

Apr 11, 2020
Semen does not a person make, indeed the egg holds more genetic information as mitochondrial DNA is only from the mother.
I've always imagined death is like going to sleep, mind you when I came close to ctb one time hell did come to mind, I had to spend a week doing abrahamic research to confirm my atheist beliefs.
Things I learnt is that hell isn't really mentioned in the bible.
Hades and sheol are both mistakenly translated to hell but both actually mean grave or place of death.
Gehanna was also mistaken as hell. In Jesus's day gehanna was a valley where rubbish was disposed of and lepers sent to live out its life. Jesus referred to gehanna burning day and night because in his time it had been doing that for centuries. The fire was eternal, the punishment was not.
So you mean this hell thing was probably invented as some kind of mechanism to control people? I. am. shocked. :O

alown

alown

soon in the other reality where we come from ༄
Mar 13, 2021
there is no logical reason that if you are suffering here on earth you are suffering on the other side, that would be absurd.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, A Desperate Fool, yive and 1 other person