J

justletmedieplease

Jan 6, 2021
I'm not. Society WORSHIPS beautiful women. Their lives are so much easier - they treat you with more respect and kindness, they don't ridicule you for the way you look, you are more likely to be hired, more like to lead the party-style kind of life. You would never be bullied for your looks, and suddenly your life would matter. I'm never going to have that, not even for a moment. I'm sorry but I did not choose the way I look. I wasn't in control of how the fuck my genes would form and create my face. I'm averagely looking and I made the mistake of posting a selfie to Reddit in one of those subreddits you all know, no point in explaining. You can imagine how it went down. Like I'm not ugly, but far from being pretty or hot. I hate myself so much for my looks, it's one of the reason I want to CTB - don't worry, it's one of the many. I am just so tired of society treating beautiful women like they are superior and making their lives a breeze simply because they were lucky. I want to feel love, to be respected, to matter, but as an average girl that would never happen

• Hugs
Reactions: O_oreo., lotus11, Journeytoletgo and 10 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Yes looks and BDD are one of the main reasons why I'm suicidal as well. I'm male btw.
Good-looking people may experience some negative stuff though, such as unwanted attention, jealousy...
But as another member put it once, they're not going to ctb because they're good-looking, while
ugly people or BDD sufferers often ctb due to that single reason.

I found an interesting article today

• Hugs
Reactions: ncmxm, Dead Meat, Journeytoletgo and 2 others
H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
Honey if it was r/rateme or similar, please don't sweat that. I've seen those trolls give absolutely stunning women like 6.5's and 3's. Big hugs to you, Reddit like the rest of social media can be unnecessarily harsh

• Love
Reactions: justletmedieplease and Good4Nothing
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I don't wanna sound as a pro-lifer but I can assure you that you're not ugly for everybody. There is always someone for you.

I'm overweight and lost my confidence in dating girls but from time to time I can still do it.

Also, "beautiful people" have problems too. Some people just wanna have sex with them and see them as unemotional things.

Besides, they get some stalkers because of social networks and even a harassing boss at the office.

To sum up, we all have problems!

Wish you the best and hope you can find peace soon!

• Love
Reactions: hellodarkness
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Not sure why you did that to yourself, posting in that Reddit. I stumbled across it once, If you're referring to hotornot, and was appalled at the way young women were treated there. It's a magnet for assholes. Those guys get off on making women feel bad. I'm sure you have plenty of attractive features. Some of us guys prefer plain girls. I can find beauty in almost every woman. Plus, some of the most physically beautiful women I've known were the ugliest on the inside.
I'm sure you're fine. Don't beat yourself up about it, and who cares what misogynistic trolls say on a website for 12 year olds.

Reactions: raindrops
fent_dnm27

fent_dnm27

Jan 8, 2021
Internet strangers who gather in anonymity to rate women on their appearance?

Sounds toxic as fuck. Trust me, they weren't going to respect you anyways.

I'm sure you'll do fine if you are "average" looking. Most people are average looking - that's what makes it "average". There are other things that make you attractive. Not all humans are so one dimensional as to only care about how you look.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I'm not. Society WORSHIPS beautiful women. Their lives are so much easier - they treat you with more respect and kindness, they don't ridicule you for the way you look, you are more likely to be hired, more like to lead the party-style kind of life. You would never be bullied for your looks, and suddenly your life would matter. I'm never going to have that, not even for a moment. I'm sorry but I did not choose the way I look. I wasn't in control of how the fuck my genes would form and create my face. I'm averagely looking and I made the mistake of posting a selfie to Reddit in one of those subreddits you all know, no point in explaining. You can imagine how it went down. Like I'm not ugly, but far from being pretty or hot. I hate myself so much for my looks, it's one of the reason I want to CTB - don't worry, it's one of the many. I am just so tired of society treating beautiful women like they are superior and making their lives a breeze simply because they were lucky. I want to feel love, to be respected, to matter, but as an average girl that would never happen
Just remember that lots of people would kill to simply have been born female (myself included). Having a different mindset, being able to be potentially be more social, the freedom to wear lots of things without scorn. I'm sorry that you feel this way.

Reactions: justletmedieplease
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
From birth I received the message that I was ugly and didnt fit in (my mother tells a delightful story about a nurse at the hospital asking why she wanted to adopt this ugly baby) and those messages repeated over and over throughout my life ... damaging my self esteem and the expectations I had of what I could achieve and what I deserved ... they made me scared and anxious because you are correct when you say that 'society' rewards the beauty aesthetic for its own sake in ways it does not reward (and often punishes) the average aesthetic. AND we are bombarded with unattainable botoxed and airbrushed standards of perfection constantly.
I am the mother of an adult female child who meets societies criteria for beauty ... trust me when I say that her life is no easier than mine was nor is it harder specifically because of the way she looks.
I have just turned 52 and while I feel the weight of aging upon me, to some degree, for some years now I have found the aesthetic beauty in myself that I see in my daughter. Part of that is because I stopped worrying how others felt about how I look and focussed on the bits of me 'I ' liked and part because I finally figured out what was important to me in all aspects of my life. I can confidently say that, while it may have taken 40+ yrs, I am now the most attractive woman in most rooms ... not because I suddenly morphed into a more socially acceptable aesthetic but because I became comfortable with and confident in who I am.
Confidence is attractive ... and sexy.

I suppose what I am trying to say is most of us are average. Its what we do with average that makes a difference ... and Im not being trite here because I do actually know how hard it is to develop confidence when you have little.

• Hugs
Reactions: justletmedieplease
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Me either and it hurts so bad. I don't want this anymore it's all so painful, I never experienced romance because of my face and body, shyness, and social skills

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mistake of Nature and Dead Meat
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I cannot digest this. I'm never going to experience romance and I always been romantic. Unfortunately because of the brutality of bullying culture I lost my social confidence in middle school and high school and it's when I developed depression and severe social anxiety. I died long ago. I was never going to be pretty because of my skin condition. I made some horrible mistakes, all of my encounters with men have been traumatic and awful because of naivety, desperation, clinging, because my emotional needs weren't met. I feel so much shame and regret over these choices. All I did was embarrass myself over my emotions. Why do I behave like this? Why couldn't I listen and just accept I was ugly and repel men and keep them as friends platonic only at least it would be fulfilling and I'd feel better than losing my virginity just wasn't worth it with any of them, I want to CTB over this. What's the point if I'm never going to have children of my own? Sad