Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
I'm finding the forum to be less comforting, less relevant. That is not necessarily a criticism - it may well be that I have changed, I freely acknowledge that.

Having decided on a method and accumulated the means, there seems little to learn.

My distress remains unabated, in fact it grows worse, and I am an anxious wreck, but there is nothing that I, nor anybody else, can or will do to change it. Just about all I knew, loved, and worked a lifetime for has gone, and the memories haunt me.

Despite all this, I remain addicted to the Forum, even though it is increasingly unfulfilling to me. Life - my life - is pointless. Whatever I do, live or die, will only sadden my poor family.

Sorry about the typo in the thread title - don't know how to edit a title.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MourningHeart, Aion, littlelady774 and 12 others
blue

blue

Jul 21, 2019
I am new to this forum but have not found any peace here.

I share your sentiments and relate to your words.

perhaps we can be a source of support for each other.

Reactions: CareOfCell44 and Beautifulletdown
CareOfCell44

CareOfCell44

Jul 26, 2019
I think this place is most like any other, you just need to find the right people. Haven't been here for long but I do see what you mean, and unfortunately with nature of this forum those who you could most relate too will have a relatively short stay. Leaving the rest to continue on with the incencerity, increasing it exponentially. PM if you'd like, I'm interested in your method and story if you'd like to chat.

Reactions: Kjo and Idorus
G

Grief

May 25, 2019
There is a lot of repetition and despair on SS, so understandable that you find less comfort. Relentless grief and the anxiety that follows a tremendous loss like yours is so punishing for body and mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morto
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I'm new here, been lurking a while. I'm lost too, i lost my husband, the love of my life.
I agree, I think you have to find the right people. Just like in real life, everyone has different circumstances.
I too find that my own state of mind makes a big difference.
I cannot pm yet, but I'd love to chat anytime with you. It sounds like we have similar circumstances.Take care, and I hope you find some peace whatever you decide.

• Hugs
Reactions: CareOfCell44 and Saga
CareOfCell44

CareOfCell44

Jul 26, 2019
I'm new here, been lurking a while. I'm lost too, i lost my husband, the love of my life.
I agree, I think you have to find the right people. Just like in real life, everyone has different circumstances.
I too find that my own state of mind makes a big difference.
I cannot pm yet, but I'd love to chat anytime with you. It sounds like we have similar circumstances.Take care, and I hope you find some peace whatever you decide.
I think you only need to have 5 posts to be able to PM(someone correct me if im wrong), not to hard to do. Feel free anytime!

Reactions: LMLN
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
There is a lot of repetition and despair on SS, so understandable that you find less comfort. Relentless grief and the anxiety that follows a tremendous loss like yours is so punishing for body and mind.
Good point, there is a lot of repetition on this forum.

I'm always happy to see a longtime member, but I don't think it's good for most people to stick around for too long. 4-6 weeks seems to be a common timeframe for those who go on to CTB, probably little more than the minimum amount of time it takes to research the methods and make peace with their decisions.
Good point, there is a lot of repetition on this forum.

I'm always happy to see a longtime member, but I don't think it's good for most people to stick around for too long. 4-6 weeks seems to be a common timeframe for those who go on to CTB, probably little more than the minimum amount of time it takes to research the methods and make peace with their decisions.

M

Mortalscreensaver

Jul 31, 2019
What is your method if you don't mind me asking?