• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Hi. I'm pento. I was somewhat active in this forum a year or so back when I had those familiar suicidal thoughts. I had obtained N and intended on using it. Unfortunately, it has since been discarded by my ex-boyfriend. Fortunately, though, this provides me with a unique opportunity. As a completely resourceless (I have $0 to my name, not exaggerating, and I'm in five-figure debt) individual who is decently representative of a typical user of this site (21, LGBT, American), I thought I would accomplish a life goal of mine on my way out, helping others out of suffering.

My best (and arguably only guaranteed) option, due to inability of getting N or SN with no resources, is to VSED, which stands for Voluntarily Stop Eating and Drinking. When done in a hospital or other palliative-care setting, VSED is associated with little to no suffering due to the near-constant administration of pain medications, benzos, and other drugs to manage any negative symptoms that may arise. I have previously argued that this may just be the gold standard once N and SN availability becomes increasingly limited worldwide, and it has the benefit of requiring literally no resources (U.S. has universal healthcare in the form of Medicaid for low income people, and other wealthy countries have universal healthcare for all people) and being accessible at any time and any place. My post got some pushback, the main one of which being that the hospital would merely deem one mentally incompetent and force feed/hydrate them. I didn't seriously contest this assertion, because I have no experience to draw from to the contrary (whereas many, including myself, have been deemed mentally ill in many other settings).

My theory is that presenting to the hospital as a rational, non-obviously clinically mentally deficient, adult expressly with the intent of VSEDing in a palliative care setting would be met with outright acceptance at best, or hesitant acceptance (after some initial confusion due to it being unprecedented) at worst.

It is criminal assault and battery, and serious one at that, to force feed an individual. The sheer bodily violation required to accomplish this feat is enough to give anyone serious pause before even considering it, no? Medical providers are no different. They are aware and subject to the same laws as everyone else in this regard. Countless terminally ill or elderly patients, who could easily be forced otherwise by the way, VSED in the hospital. It's the only suicide method legal and easily accessible in all 50 states. I see no reason why an adult, who rationally simply doesn't enjoy their life, couldn't do the same.

But theory is only theory, a thorough search of the forum revealed zero documented cases of any young, physically healthy person actually attempting VSED in the hospital. No one, it appears, actually knows what would happen. In my mind, there are 3 plausible outcomes.

1. Ideally, they simply treat you as any other palliative patient and provide you with care to make VSEDing suffering-free. We all deserve this after the shit we've been through.

2. They reject admission outright or eject you from the hospital after you make your intention (and seriousness) clear.

3. They attempt to get you declared incompetent so they can force feed you.

Now, 2 is potentially scary, but I don't imagine this would be a profitable strategy on their part since you would continue to suffer physical effects of VSEDing like organ failure and pain that they would be actively refusing to treat. They would have to accept you as a patient on the sheer triage basis alone.

3 I simply don't think would be an effective strategy on their part. If I'm not mistaken, mental incompetency on a substantive basis is a legal matter that would have to be decided by the courts if contested. In America and other countries, you cannot simply be forced to have medical procedures (and certainly not force feeding) on the basis of appearing to have intent of ending your life.

I am going to be a test case and update you guys on here every step of the way, hopefully up to the point of my death. And I will quickly admit if I am wrong on these points if things don't work out as planned. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Talvikki, TheLastFemaphrodyke, Manaaja and 16 others
M

Medicmedic72

Buying a bus ticket
Jun 6, 2022
You're forgetting about the point at which you become unconscious and they will do something about it then. It's a hospital, that's what they are doing in hospitals - saving lives.

• Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Iamchickenhat, whatevs and 10 others
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
You're forgetting about the point at which you become unconscious and they will do something about it then. It's a hospital, that's what they are doing in hospitals - saving lives.
Every single ill patient VSEDing would be revived dozens of times over if they were force fed and hydrated when they lost consciousness.

Do not resuscitate orders and advanced directives exist for a reason.

Reactions: Sick of it all, Spiritual survivor and WanderingWater
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
This is very interesting. I sincerely doubt it will work out, as I imagine we'd have heard of at least 1 such case occurring beforehand, and on purely commonsense grounds, i can't imagine a hospital being too keen on people using them to ctb via VSED - I imagine the most likely outcome is you getting refused entry or being sectioned. A hospital assisting a "healthy" young person who just walked in, in exiting life seems far too good to be true. In any case, I'm keen to hear your report.

• Yay!
Reactions: whatevs, sadboyhours:(, odradek and 4 others
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
This is very interesting. I sincerely doubt it will work out, as I imagine we'd have heard of at least 1 such case occurring beforehand, and on purely commonsense grounds, i can't imagine a hospital being too keen on people using them to ctb via VSED - I imagine the most likely outcome is you getting refused entry or being sectioned. A hospital assisting a "healthy" young person who just walked in, in exiting life seems far too good to be true. In any case, I'm keen to hear your report.
Upon refusal of entry, I would simply stay right in/by the hospital and die slowly until they agree to treat the increasing physical symptoms in a proper palliative or other inpatient setting. Not to mention try other nearby hospitals.

I'll keep you guys updated though either way.

• Informative
Reactions: AloneInCollege and DarkRocket
Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018
That would be bluntly called, assisted suicide by the hospital. And I don't think they would allow a precious resource of a hospital bed to be occupied for several weeks or even longer by someone who wants to die instead of by someone who wants to be healed.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Iamchickenhat, whatevs and 11 others
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
I don't think they would allow a precious resource of a hospital bed to be occupied for several weeks or even longer by someone who wants to die instead of by someone who wants to be healed.
this.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Huntfish34, wljourney and 1 other person
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
That would be bluntly called, assisted suicide by the hospital. And I don't think they would allow a precious resource of a hospital bed to be occupied for several weeks or even longer by someone who wants to die instead of by someone who wants to be healed.
Palliative care wouldn't exist then since half the people in it want to die and Washington state (where I live) and several other states have physician-assisted suicide. And all 50 states have physician-assisted VSED for palliative patients and routinely carry them out without a second thought.

The only difference between me and the hundreds of other palliative patients in my county, is that I don't have a physical illness causing me to want to die, rather just a general will to die. That's it.

It also wouldn't be several weeks. It would take about a week to die, most of which not requiring intensive care or even necessarily a hospital bed.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
You must have a will of iron. I know I couldn't keep up fasting/denying water long enough to kill me.

It's a fascinating idea with lots of moral difficulties- I would think you are right that they can't force-feed you in a hospital. Not sure if they can if they section you though. Imagine they might do that at the first hint of suicide (in an 'able bodied' person).

Is your plan to fast until collapse at home and then hope to be admitted into hospital? Guess the problem will be if you loose consciousness- I would imagine they would try to 'save' you at all costs and a feeding tube/drip I would think would be one measure. Not really sure if a written request has to be followed in this case.

Not sure if I misunderstood but I kind of got the impression you were going to admit yourself into hospital in a 'well' state and take it from there. Really have no clue as to whether this could work. I imagine they would need a list of symptoms (fairly life threatening ones) to admit you and then they would run a whole number of tests to see what was 'wrong.'

I don't think a hospital can deny treatment if your life is at risk but I don't imagine they will give you a bed if you intimate that you are well but making the logical decision to stay with them, refuse food and water and hope to be kept comfortable until you die. Like I said though- I have no idea.

I only have one experience with hospital admission- excruciating abdominal pain. Went to a walk-in centre. Referred me to hospital. Blood test, ultrasound and MRI all performed. Diagnosed with a gallstone in the bile duct and sent home after 3 days awaiting day surgery to remove it. My experience is that they want to diagnose whatever it is as fast as possible and get the bed back!

Still, I do actually really admire your will in even considering this.

Reactions: odradek, AloneInCollege and houseofleaves
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
You're a stronger person than me!

I can't imagine the mental strength you would need to do this.

Good luck

ā¤

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Talvikki
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Thank you for sharing the information. I wish you the best in whatever happens and I hope that you find relief from suffering.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
When we say hospital do we mean an emergency room? Where is point a in this plan?

Emergency rooms seem to be designed to stabilize patients. The first thing they would want to do is start an IV and administer fluids. I don't think they would even give you pain medicines without the fluids, it's mixed. So then is the plan to deny the iv and demand another form of painkillers? Would they have to comply with that demand? I assume in the fine print they wouldn't be able to give you the iv but I don't think they'd provide painkillers from there.

This doesn't work the same way as a terminally ill patient with a dnr because they're not dying because of lack of fluids. I don't predict this working but I admire your investigation. It's not something I would do because that's too many people involved in my death and I'm agoraphobic. I'd suffer more dealing with the staff and causing a scene than the pain of vsed.

Reactions: odradek, AloneInCollege, houseofleaves and 2 others
M

Medicmedic72

Buying a bus ticket
Jun 6, 2022
Upon refusal of entry, I would simply stay right in/by the hospital and die slowly until they agree to treat the increasing physical symptoms in a proper palliative or other inpatient setting. Not to mention try other nearby hospitals.

I'll keep you guys updated though either way.
And once you do that they will have yo arrested for trespassing.
When we say hospital do we mean an emergency room? Where is point a in this plan?

Emergency rooms seem to be designed to stabilize patients. The first thing they would want to do is start an IV and administer fluids. I don't think they would even give you pain medicines without the fluids, it's mixed. So then is the plan to deny the iv and demand another form of painkillers? Would they have to comply with that demand? I assume in the fine print they wouldn't be able to give you the iv but I don't think they'd provide painkillers from there.

This doesn't work the same way as a terminally ill patient with a dnr because they're not dying because of lack of fluids. I don't predict this working but I admire your investigation. It's not something I would do because that's too many people involved in my death and I'm agoraphobic. I'd suffer more dealing with the staff and causing a scene than the pain of vsed.
The ethics committee would get involved.

• Informative
Reactions: chocolatebar, houseofleaves, WanderingWater and 1 other person
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021

Point A is simply requesting the hospital treat pain caused by VSED, whether in an emergency or palliative setting. I'll work this out as the next few days play out and update.

The fluids administered for pain meds would be minimal and have next to no effect on hydration. Reminder that the amount of water we need a day is measured in cups, not milliliters.

Last edited:
Reactions: AloneInCollege
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Aren't palliative patients set up through referral? I'm going off very little knowledge so forgive me, but are you planning on showing up at an ER and asking to be set up with palliative healthcare and staff for VSED? Hm, maybe, I don't know. It's quite a theory.

The fluids would be significant if they set up an iv, not an injection.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, AloneInCollege, wljourney and 3 others
M

Medicmedic72

Buying a bus ticket
Jun 6, 2022
Point A is simply requesting the hospital treat pain caused by VSED, whether in an emergency or palliative setting. I'll work this out as the next few days play out and update.

The fluids administered for pain meds would be minimal and have next to no effect on hydration. Reminder that the amount of water we need a day is measured in cups, not milliliters.
Why aren't you doing this at home? They are going to place you under mental hygiene arrest and force you to take them with 2 physicians certifying the need for mental health services.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, houseofleaves and WanderingWater
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Why aren't you doing this at home? They are going to place you under mental hygiene arrest and force you to take them with 2 physicians certifying the need for mental health services.
Actually, doing it at home may be a good idea, if I can find an OTC regime that dulls the pain enough. I can try stocking up on (stealing) a fuckton of ibuprofen and Benadryl. I will seriously consider this and update accordingly.

Update: probably not gonna go with this idea due to it being a bad idea to take these drugs orally on an empty stomach. Thus, I'll go the hospital route. Likely ER after a day or two and see how it goes when I tell them not to hydrate or feed me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medicmedic72
M

Medicmedic72

Buying a bus ticket
Jun 6, 2022
Actually, doing it at home may be a good idea, if I can find an OTC regime that dulls the pain enough. I can try stocking up on (stealing) a fuckton of ibuprofen and Benadryl. I will seriously consider this and update accordingly.

Update: probably not gonna go with this idea due to it being a bad idea to take these drugs orally on an empty stomach. Thus, I'll go the hospital route. Likely ER after a day or two and see how it goes when I tell them not to hydrate or feed me.
Going to the hospital is only going to get you admitted to the psych ward.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, odradek, empty and 5 others
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Going to the hospital is only going to get you admitted to the psych ward.
Doubt it, we'll see though

I decided I'm gonna call hospitals around the country and ask what they would/will do in this situation, giving varying levels of detail to see if that changes their answer.

W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Extra info

If you have mental illnesses already in your medical record, they are going to use it agaist you. At any time, they can stupidly declare you mentally incompetent if the suspect you are crazy in their eyes.
You can be force fed because if you walk in without any medical reason, they will get suspicious. Especially if you ask for vsed on the basis of mental health.

And if you think involuntary feeding is illegal, yes it is, unless they get a court ruling and documents in which they always do.They can legally put you through any treatments they want because the judge is always going to favor the profesional over the ''mentally incompetent person'' because wanting to die is crazy in pro life people. It's fucked up how much doctors are allowed to do to you.

They basicly take guardianship of you so now you have the rights of a minor.

Just know that once you go in, you can't get out if they suspect something.

Best of luck to you, I hope that you don't go through any of those things above.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Medicmedic72, odradek and 4 others
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Thanks for raising this concern. Coincidentally, I was researching the cases of Elizabeth Bouvia and G. Ross Henninger, two individuals who chose to starve themselves. In both cases, courts eventually sided with their right to die, and this appears to be the established precedent to the best I can tell. I'm not sure to what extent this would apply to me, someone with no physical health conditions, but only one way to find out. I'm currently researching the nuances of the law on involuntary commitment as well as force feeding.
-----------
8:25a Pacific: Have an update. This article is an interesting read.
In short, sure they can make you inpatient and refuse to let you leave, even on a psychiatric hold, but they CANNOT force you to accept a particular treatment without a court order. Which is not only potentially lengthy, but limited to that one course of treatment. This wouldn't stop you from doing the same thing again and rolling the dice on a more patient-liberal judge or you can appeal. And best part is they CAN NOT do preventative care by force, even if it prevents an emergency.

So with this being said, I'm gonna go to a hospital now and see if they try to make me inpatient, which they likely will. Then they will likely fail to force-feed me (particularly fail to do so in time), while I accept a drip feed of morphine, Ativan, and whatever else. And then I'll die. So if I don't update here ever again, then that's what happened and please spread the word all around the forum. It would mean a lot to me to give others access to this method and reduce suffering in the world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and AloneInCollege
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I'm wondering how much theory and practice overlap?

Reactions: Forever Sleep, Manaaja, odradek and 1 other person
sunny/omori

sunny/omori

necessary? unnecessary?
Apr 3, 2022
If u get inpatient probably it would be in the psy ward. I am very sorry about your circunstances.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, AloneInCollege and rationaltake
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Multiple scenarios:

- You'll be sent away because they don't have time for this, no resources and you are not a danger to yourself or others.
- you'll be formed for 72 hrs if you tell them that you have other plans of harming yourself/CTBing
- if you show up at the ER severely dehydrated the first thing they do is hook you up to an IV with ringer solution.
- even a "drip of morphine" is administered with a 99% ringer solution and 1% morphine.

Honestly. You will not be receiving palliative care without being terminally ill.

Even the sickest patients don't get admitted to palliative care until they have about 6-8 weeks left.

That's the reality.
Assuming a hospital would help you with VSED while physically healthy is simply delusional.
I'm wondering how much theory and practice overlap?
Zero.
This is simply not reality based.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamchickenhat, LaminarFlow, odradek and 6 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Agree with @wljourney . This is definitely not going to work. I'm not saying that to try to fear monger or deter you, you will simply be wasting your time.

Absolutely no chance of this happening. Zero. Zip.

NADA.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, whatevs, WanderingWater and 1 other person
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Multiple scenarios:

- You'll be sent away because they don't have time for this, no resources and you are not a danger to yourself or others.
- you'll be formed for 72 hrs if you tell them that you have other plans of harming yourself/CTBing
- if you show up at the ER severely dehydrated the first thing they do is hook you up to an IV with ringer solution.
- even a "drip of morphine" is administered with a 99% ringer solution and 1% morphine.

Honestly. You will not be receiving palliative care without being terminally ill.

Even the sickest patients don't get admitted to palliative care until they have about 6-8 weeks left.

That's the reality.
Assuming a hospital would help you with VSED while physically healthy is simply delusional.

Zero.
This is simply not reality based.
I'm currently at the hospital, waiting to see if I am gonna be committed involuntarily. I suspect I will, since I made my intention (ending my life) very clear. I can selectively consent to different courses of treatment while inpatient though.

They give elderly patients VSEDing morphine and other drugs and they still manage to die via dehydration so...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, Foresight and Passersby
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Another VSED suicide thread for a non terminally ill person. I'm sorry, but what a joke.

Reactions: whatevs
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I'm currently at the hospital, waiting to see if I am gonna be committed involuntarily. I suspect I will, since I made my intention (ending my life) very clear. I can selectively consent to different courses of treatment.

They give elderly patients VSEDing morphine and other drugs and they still manage to die via dehydration so...
They aren't going to let you VSED. You're probably going to be admitted to the Psychology Ward. It would be nice if we could walk into any hospital and say, "Hey, I'd like to do VSED" and they follow with a drip of morphine, but it isn't going to happen. If you decide to continue VSED in the ward, they might do an IV of fluids and nutrients when you pass out. At least a Hospital in the US would.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, waitingforrest, AloneInCollege and 4 others
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I wish you luck whether you can do this or not.... šŸ¤—

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Even if this did work against all common-sense, it would cause a media and political firestorm and any legal loopholes would be closed, as they have been doing for years. Sending you love for everything you have been through, though.

Reactions: waitingforrest, AloneInCollege, DontplayGod and 2 others