• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
So, I was wondering does anyone have tips on how and where to cut yourself? I want to CTB and I have to try. They don't do visual checks, mostly just asking through the door if you're okay every couple of hours so I'm not worried about blood. Please help, everything sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine, Watlock, Erik.t.f and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry what you have to go through in the psych ward. I can imagine it must be horrible there. I don't think you would be close to succeed by cutting yourself and bleeding, this will only cause you physical pain with a low chance to succeed. I'm sorry I have no other ideas how you could escape this horror there. I wish you all the best and hope you are released soon to be able to choose more human methods should you still have the desire to exit this cruel and horrible world.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Watlock
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
I'm sorry what you have to go through in the psych ward. I can imagine it must be horrible there. I don't think you would be close to succeed by cutting yourself and bleeding, this will only cause you physical pain with a low chance to succeed. I'm sorry I have no other ideas how you could escape this horror there. I wish you all the best and hope you are released soon to be able to choose more human methods should you still have the desire to exit this cruel and horrible world.
yeah its pretty rough. thankyou my love, i hope i will find my peace.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
This is like the worst method ever for many reasons, even in the most desperate situation I would advise against it

Reactions: Lawliet, Eternal Bliss, babayaga and 1 other person
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
If you're that desperate, I'd say cut your carotid artery. However, cutting's one of if not THE most painful methods & I wouldn't recommend going along with it. Also;
This is like the worst method ever for many reasons, even in the most desperate situation I would advise against it

Reactions: saddestbunny, alurem and Praestat_Mori
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
So, I was wondering does anyone have tips on how and where to cut yourself? I want to CTB and I have to try. They don't do visual checks, mostly just asking through the door if you're okay every couple of hours so I'm not worried about blood. Please help, everything sucks.
Hope you find peace

My advice don't do it in psych ward, if you get caught that's a problem

Below is a video which can give you some idea but it is gore, if you can't watch gore like me don't watch it

https://herdeaths.net/video-japanese-girl-seppuku-harakiri-with-a-knife/

• Wow
Reactions: MountainMonkey, Erik.t.f, Dreaming Freedom and 2 others
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
Hope you find peace

My advice don't do it in psych ward, if you get caught that's a problem

Below is a video which can give you some idea but it is gore, if you can't watch gore like me don't watch it

https://herdeaths.net/video-japanese-girl-seppuku-harakiri-with-a-knife/
thankyou love
If you're that desperate, I'd say cut your carotid artery. However, cutting's one of if not THE most painful methods & I wouldn't recommend going along with it. Also;
im that desperate :/
i know, but i have to try even for the smallest chance

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Vizzy
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
thinking of you - and hoping that they don't catch you with that blade! <3

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is a self harm method rather than a suicide one, it has a less than 2% success rate, but if you want to do that then it's your decision.
But it's just horrible how suicidal people are treat like prisoners and are punished in such a way, those who want to die don't deserve to be cruelly locked up against their wishes.

• Love
Reactions: chloramine, EndJstifiesTheMeans, MountainMonkey and 4 others
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
thinking of you - and hoping that they don't catch you with that blade! <3
this ward is pretty shit, i already got caught with one and they literally locked me out of my room for 72 hours to bring security to search it. if i get caught again istg.
This is a self harm method rather than a suicide one, it has a less than 2% success rate, but if you want to do that then it's your decision.
But it's just horrible how suicidal people are treat like prisoners and are punished in such a way, those who want to die don't deserve to be cruelly locked up against their wishes.
agreed :/

• Hugs
Reactions: 90starve and Praestat_Mori
SiegwardOfCatarina

SiegwardOfCatarina

Jesus Christ is in Heaven now
May 30, 2023
Some people mentioned the carotid artery as the best bet, but I disagree. Typically the bigger the artery is the deeper and more difficult it is to cut, but the faster you bleed out. If I were you I wouldn't fuck around with a knife in my throat where I can't see what I'm doing, I'd just go for the Radial artery in the wrist or the Bracial artery on the inside of the elbow.

Radial:
"Walk up the road, don't cross the street."
Cut from the wrist under your thumb (where you can feel the pulse) up towards the elbow, NOT across to the other side of the wrist. You'll have to go through the skin (white), fat (yellow, looks like baked beans), the Palmar Carpal ligament (red or white I guess) before you reach the artery, wich has muscle around it you also have to cut through.

Bracial:
The Radial and Ulnar arteries before they split off, so it's much larger.
Cut across your arm on the inside of your elbow, in or just above where your arm folds, to the right (on your left arm) of the tendon connecting your bicep to your Radius/forearm bone. Again, feel for the pulse. You'll have to go through all the layers again exept the ligament, wich could make this easier.

This method is EXTREMELY painfull, as others have mentioned, and you need time to bleed out. I've tried for both arteries multiple times and failed miserably. My best advice is to just go for it, slow and steady DOES NOT win the race, or just don't do it at all.

If you decide to go through with it, I wish you the best of luck. You'll need it.

• Informative
Reactions: Thisisme373, Touhou, corazon and 2 others
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
Some people mentioned the carotid artery as the best bet, but I disagree. Typically the bigger the artery is the deeper and more difficult it is to cut, but the faster you bleed out. If I were you I wouldn't fuck around with a knife in my throat where I can't see what I'm doing, I'd just go for the Radial artery in the wrist or the Bracial artery on the inside of the elbow.

Radial:
"Walk up the road, don't cross the street."
Cut from the wrist under your thumb (where you can feel the pulse) up towards the elbow, NOT across to the other side of the wrist. You'll have to go through the skin (white), fat (yellow, looks like baked beans), the Palmar Carpal ligament (red or white I guess) before you reach the artery, wich has muscle around it you also have to cut through.

Bracial:
The Radial and Ulnar arteries before they split off, so it's much larger.
Cut across your arm on the inside of your elbow, in or just above where your arm folds, to the right (on your left arm) of the tendon connecting your bicep to your Radius/forearm bone. Again, feel for the pulse. You'll have to go through all the layers again exept the ligament, wich could make this easier.

This method is EXTREMELY painfull, as others have mentioned, and you need time to bleed out. I've tried for both arteries multiple times and failed miserably. My best advice is to just go for it, slow and steady DOES NOT win the race, or just don't do it at all.

If you decide to go through with it, I wish you the best of luck. You'll need it.
thankyou my love

BlackNails

BlackNails

Jun 13, 2023
Off topic and maybe insensitive, but I got into so much shit for having hidden a razor blade when in there myself lol
Tbh, I wouldnt recommend that method in any situation, there are far better ways, this is much harder, deeper and slower than you imagine in your head.

Reactions: 90starve
E

Erik.t.f

Experienced
Jun 1, 2023
Just wait until you get home, cutting is not a good method but good luck no matter how it ends, don't know what your situation is but telling someone there might be a good idea, just say it might be
btw, mean to have read earlier once, just correct me if anyone knows if it's wrong or right. by cutting, the arteries will close by themselves after some time (after a minimum of 150 ml of blood at the arm, I think it was according to a medical course) this can be avoided by keeping the wound in warm water as I said, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think it's not far from 100%
it can go quite fast but there is no guarantee that it is done fast, know of people who have spent 12 hours of constant cutting without success

Last edited:
N

nothere123

Apr 22, 2023
How can you ACC slit you wrists? How do yk you went deep enough?

OnceThougtTwiceDone

OnceThougtTwiceDone

Student
Apr 15, 2023
I would recommend admitting you have a blade, if you fail you'd have a more intense time there. Telling them will do the same but most likely less, I get you're desperate but this very much could make it harder.

S

StandardOtter

Apr 17, 2023
I've only been psych ward once in the UK, and I don't know if this applies everywhere, but you might be surprised how quickly they let you out if you behave yourself. Don't suddenly "change your mind" about suicide, just tell them you're willing to start working through it and they'll let you know what behaviors they want to see. You might even want to tell them when you're feeling most suicidal and it will actually reassure them that you're improving. I know it sucks but that's what will make your stay both shorter and easier, and you can make your own choices once you're out.

I also feel I should add that mental health treatment is not all bullshit. This forum is a collection of people who, at best, didn't find it worked for them. That's not everyone's experience though, so if it's new to you there's a very real possibility that you'll find some parts do help, even just to help you cope until you get out. Remember that you don't win by not giving them what they want; you win by getting what you want, which I'm guessing is the quickest exit with the least suffering, but it's your choice to decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LittleJem
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Please be careful. I hear that you're desperate and I get that, I'm concerned that you'll fail and be there longer or permanently damage yourself in a way that will lower your quality of life even more. I'm really sorry you're stuck there and that it's making things worse for you, just keep in mind that method is more likely to fail and create further consequences.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
on the ward, I fantasised more about ripping the sheet into the tourniquet method. I didn't do it. But thought about it a lot. I would probably choose that method over cutting.

If they are trying you a new med it could be worth seeing if it helps. It could also be worth waiting till you get out so you can eat better food before ctb.

O

OneOneOne

Jun 17, 2023
I hope you didn't try this because it sounds like it would be really rough. I'm just curious what the logistics of the situation with getting out of the ward would be. That way you can CBT in a more reliable and less painful way at least. How long would it take to get released best case scenario? How bad is it in there? Is there a possibility you can act in such a way that makes it seem like you are improving over time so they let you out sooner (in a convincing way instead of pretending to act all happy)? I haven't been in a ward in years and am curious what the situation is in yours.

oh_no191

oh_no191

“Is it better to speak or to die?”
Jun 11, 2023
I'm sure everyone's been saying this but doing it in a ward might not be the best idea

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
If the blade is long and sharp enough, stab it into your neck artery. Just as painful as cutting open your wrists, but it's the fastest and most secure way to die by cutting. You can feel the pulse on your neck and aim for the pulse.
My other suggestion is to lie out of your ass and act as cheerful and lively as you can so those assholes release you and you can die by other means.

O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
They let you keep your phone in a psych ward?