bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
my partner's sibling is having a baby. i understand there are some anti-natalist people on this forum, but oddly enough, i am incredibly excited to have a child in my life. children can be so carefree and innocent, i deeply want to be responsible for mentoring and nurturing another human life, so they do not end up in the despair i have been brought up in. i am excited to be alive for once

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, carac, HighFlight and 3 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
congratulations 🎉

children can be so carefree and innocent, i deeply want to be responsible for mentoring and nurturing another human life, so they do not end up in the despair i have been brought up in.
I feel the same way (I would feel the same way if I became an aunt in the future) although I do not want to have children

this is why I used to consider jobs like school librarian or a social worker maybe ( school librarian: one of the most impactful people in my childhood I still think about her to this day she used to give me free books that they were giving away and opened up many opportunities for me)

also one of the reasons as to why I collect great cartoons and children's media if I ever change my mind about having children but I doubt that will happen

haha but there's something exciting about being impactful in a child's life especially when there's no one else there for them and being able to share knowledge about the world with them

I don't know how to explain it

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and bijou
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
haha but there's something exciting about being impactful in a child's life especially when there's no one else there for them and being able to share knowledge about the world with them
thank you so much :) even through my upsetting childhood i remember most fondly the adults who were kind to me and treated me like a person (mostly my own aunts and uncles). i am deeply hoping i can be one of those people for my nephew.

im not even sure if i want my own children, but i do know that i highly appreciate a child's growth within this world. they are human beings, to be protected, loved and respected.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, helicoptero and psp3000
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
"Aunt bijou" has a nice ring to it, congratulations!

• Love
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Congratulations! Kids are very special, and it sounds like you will be a good aunt. Wish you, and them all the best, :heart:

• Hugs