• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Darkmornings

Jun 4, 2019
I know this sounds absolutely crazy but I believe my family and friends are pushing me to commit suicide. I believe my computer was hacked and my personal journal was given to my friends and family. Im also convinced that my phone was hacked. I'm almost certain that my journal was given to my supervisors and people I worked with. That's the short story. Keep reading for the long story.

Two years ago I decided to switch jobs. I was turning 40 and decided I needed to make more money. The departure from my job was rather quick. I only gave a week's notice. I had been with the company for 7 years and I loved everyone there.

(1) My one week notice pissed people off. (2) I had just stopped dating someone I worked with. He worked in IT. (3) One of my best friends worked at the company. My life was wrapped up in this job and I burned a lot of bridges leaving.

When I started my new job the supervisor looked at me like she'd never met me. I could tell she didn't like me but weeks earlier she was excited about hiring me. Immediately I felt like they wanted to get rid of me.

After a couple of months of working there I reported someone for inappropriate comments. After that, they made my life hell. Then one day at work I over heard someone say they just received a call and they said the phone number out loud. It was the exact phone number that I just received. I thought I was losing it or mistaken or may it was a coincidence.

Then I'd get a text and someone would read my text verbatim out loud. I'm freaking out. So I send a text to myself asking if my phone was tapped. Then someone in my office said, now she gets it.

Then during one of our meetings a supervisor tells us about a dream he had. The dream he had was my dream. I just wrote the exact same thing in my journal the day before using my computer. There's so much more but I'll spare the details.

This really started to mess with my head. I got a new computer, a new phone but they were hacked again. The harrassment was coming from everyone in the office including upper management. HR was a joke. She told me the people in my office were her friends and I needed to understand that. I called a lawyer he said I had to wait to be fired. Remember my phone is hacked so one of my coworkers just said straight up said, we wont fire you.

This is long enough so I'll jump to present day. Everyone I know has ghosted me, including my own mother. No one will talk to me. I moved to another state. I think they found me.

I've lost everything. My career is done because I dont have any references. I'm severely depressed. It's difficult to keep a job because of my own issues but I think the company I work for has been contacted. I cant take any more.

I told my mom that I want to die and I've asked her why she would participate in this. No answer. I know I have the right number. On top of all that, I question my sanity. Maybe I'm just crazy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Egddios, Circles, Halo13 and 9 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
WOW, that is some shit you have going on there.

I am tech savvy and unless you share passwords with others, or give them log in details, hacking is out of most peoples reach. Not impossible, just improbable. I dont have a phone, only use a laptop and have files encrypted. My router has protection, my system has protection and I am careful to use a VPN when visiting sites like this one. I also change the browser I use frequently. It all helps prevent ID theft etc etc. There is a great thread somewhere on this site about privacy and how to stay fairly anonymous on-line.

Other than that, I dont know what to say to you. I just hope things improve somehow.

Reactions: leeloosnow, Circles, AtomicNewt and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Do you have medical insurance? Can you talk to a doctor about some kind of medication that could help you deal with some of this?

Reactions: Halo13, memento_mori and inconsequential
D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
Check for Carbon Monoxide where you live/sleep. This genuinely sounds like CO poisoning to me.

Reactions: AtomicNewt, Mn1245, memento_mori and 3 others
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I know this sounds absolutely crazy but I believe my family and friends are pushing me to commit suicide. I believe my computer was hacked and my personal journal was given to my friends and family. Im also convinced that my phone was hacked. I'm almost certain that my journal was given to my supervisors and people I worked with. That's the short story. Keep reading for the long story.

Two years ago I decided to switch jobs. I was turning 40 and decided I needed to make more money. The departure from my job was rather quick. I only gave a week's notice. I had been with the company for 7 years and I loved everyone there.

(1) My one week notice pissed people off. (2) I had just stopped dating someone I worked with. He worked in IT. (3) One of my best friends worked at the company. My life was wrapped up in this job and I burned a lot of bridges leaving.

When I started my new job the supervisor looked at me like she'd never met me. I could tell she didn't like me but weeks earlier she was excited about hiring me. Immediately I felt like they wanted to get rid of me.

After a couple of months of working there I reported someone for inappropriate comments. After that, they made my life hell. Then one day at work I over heard someone say they just received a call and they said the phone number out loud. It was the exact phone number that I just received. I thought I was losing it or mistaken or may it was a coincidence.

Then I'd get a text and someone would read my text verbatim out loud. I'm freaking out. So I send a text to myself asking if my phone was tapped. Then someone in my office said, now she gets it.

Then during one of our meetings a supervisor tells us about a dream he had. The dream he had was my dream. I just wrote the exact same thing in my journal the day before using my computer. There's so much more but I'll spare the details.

This really started to mess with my head. I got a new computer, a new phone but they were hacked again. The harrassment was coming from everyone in the office including upper management. HR was a joke. She told me the people in my office were her friends and I needed to understand that. I called a lawyer he said I had to wait to be fired. Remember my phone is hacked so one of my coworkers just said straight up said, we wont fire you.

This is long enough so I'll jump to present day. Everyone I know has ghosted me, including my own mother. No one will talk to me. I moved to another state. I think they found me.

I've lost everything. My career is done because I dont have any references. I'm severely depressed. It's difficult to keep a job because of my own issues but I think the company I work for has been contacted. I cant take any more.

I told my mom that I want to die and I've asked her why she would participate in this. No answer. I know I have the right number. On top of all that, I question my sanity. Maybe I'm just crazy.
Oh my god! All of this sounds horrible!!! Fuck them! Fuck them all!!! If they are really trying to do something so horrible to another human being then FUCK THEM! They are the ones who shouldn't be on this planet! Not you!!! Honestly, i don't know what to say because I'm not any good in the private security stuff that you are facing. But I don't know, maybe if you mother doesn't answer you could go to her and demand an explanation why would she just ignore you like that?! I don't know if it's a right decision really because I'm not you and don't know how you would feel about that. Also, another thing I can possibly think of is maybe give it some more time? none of us can ever really know what might happen and how things might change,so maybe you'll find some explanation about all of this. And about your career, maybe you can ask for references at your first job? And if not, I know starting with nothing is horribly hard (I'm 22 and I'm starting from the very 0, and to top it all off I'm an immigrant with residence and work permit issues, not in the US though, I'm in Europe) but maybe you can find a job just to pay for your day to day life and maybe for awhile it will be enough and maybe something better will come along, after all not having references is hard but it doesn't mean you don't have the skills!! Please keep us updated!

Reactions: AtomicNewt and Darkmornings
Extremly kind <3

Extremly kind <3

Student
Jun 8, 2019

I don't think it is insanity it is just that there are devilish ppl from previous job took the decision to ruin your life, it happened to me as well !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: AtomicNewt, Going Home, not_a_robot and 1 other person
D

Darkmornings

Jun 4, 2019
Thank you so much for reading and responding. I just had to get it off my chest. I've been going through this for so long and I'm reaching my breaking point.

• Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow, Egddios, AtomicNewt and 1 other person
Extremly kind <3

Extremly kind <3

Student
Jun 8, 2019
Thank you so much for reading and responding. I just had to get it off my chest. I've been going through this for so long and I'm reaching my breaking point.
Unfortunately dear u will suffer again from getting a peaceful method to CTB

Reactions: Darkmornings
D

Darkmornings

Jun 4, 2019
Check for Carbon Monoxide where you live/sleep. This genuinely sounds like CO poisoning to me.
I've moved since this started so I dont think its carbon monoxide. I have considered that I might have paranoid personality disorder.
Do you have medical insurance? Can you talk to a doctor about some kind of medication that could help you deal with some of this?
Unfortunately I dont have medical insurance. I have considered the possibility of paranoid schizophrenia or paranoid personality disorder. The only thing that makes me reconsider is the fact that everyone ghosted me. Literally everyone in my life stopped talking to me all at once and blocked me on social media. So I came to the conclusion that they were all given my journal and didn't like what I had to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mn1245 and NextSummer
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
this is all quite strange and hard to believe...

can you think of a way to determine whether they have actually seen your journal for definite, like... setup a new e-mail address posing as the authorities or something and e-mail someone you suspect (and dislike) a pleasantly worded letter to the effect of, "an allegation has been made that you have knowledge of confidential information and we want to establish whether this is true." and then hope for honesty.

not entirely moral but neither is reading someone's private thoughts wth?!

Reactions: Faraway1990 and inconsequential
Extremly kind <3

Extremly kind <3

Student
Jun 8, 2019
this is all quite strange and hard to believe...

can you think of a way to determine whether they have actually seen your journal for definite, like... setup a new e-mail address posing as the authorities or something and e-mail someone you suspect (and dislike) a pleasantly worded letter to the effect of, "an allegation has been made that you have knowledge of confidential information and we want to establish whether this is true." and then hope for honesty.

not entirely moral but neither is reading someone's private thoughts wth?!
It happens dear, there are dirty ppl, there mindset is like, oh she left us after 7 years, let us teach her a lesson for life, there are so many sick dirty people in power my friend!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Halo13, Going Home, not_a_robot and 1 other person
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
It happens dear, there are dirty ppl, there mindset is like, oh she left us after 7 years, let us teach her a lesson for life, there are so many sick dirty people in power my friend!!!!

true but what are the odds of every single one of the OP's friends (and mother) basically eluding contact with them for this. depends on what was said i suppose

if i were the OP's friend, i would try to clear the air about anything they may have said about me, not ghost them. that would be the wrong thing to do. it's hard to envisage the OP's entire social circle doing the wrong thing in unison. maybe something else has happened

Reactions: Soul and memento_mori
Extremly kind <3

Extremly kind <3

Student
Jun 8, 2019
true but what are the odds of every single one of the OP's friends (and mother) basically eluding contact with them for this. depends on what was said i suppose

if i were the OP's friend, i would try to clear the air about anything they may have said about me, not ghost them. that would be the wrong thing to do. it's hard to envisage the OP's entire social circle doing the wrong thing in unison. maybe something else has happened
Why would the girl come up with story of her own venting here, what she has vented really happens !

Reactions: Halo13 and Darkmornings
D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
Not to put too fine a point on it... but if this is a delusion borne of a toxin, or of a mental issue, feeding into it only makes the problem worse, advising her to rule out the possibility of toxins and seek medical aid initially doesn't cause further harm and if it is one of these, it mitigates the harm drastically.

Reactions: Halo13, Soul, LogicalConclusion and 4 others
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
the world is like this?

am i just being naive again

Reactions: Darkmornings
Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
Not to put too fine a point on it... but if this is a delusion borne of a toxin, or of a mental issue, feeding into it only makes the problem worse, advising her to rule out the possibility of toxins and seek medical aid initially doesn't cause further harm and if it is one of these, it mitigates the harm drastically.
Absolutely.

Reactions: magick'sgone, Halo13, crimea_river and 2 others
D

Darkmornings

Jun 4, 2019
I definitely understand this is hard to believe. This is my first time talking about it with anyone because it sounds so crazy. I've even thought that maybe the incidents arent related. Maybe the people at the new job were just crazy. I was definitely harrassed, gas lighted and forced to quit.
Maybe my friends and family ghosting me is something completely different.

I haven't tried the email trick so I might give it a go. I'm desperate. I thought confronting my mom would shed some light. I told her I was going to ctb and nothing. She doesn't care. I didn't write anything that couldn't be worked out so idk. I have researched gas lighting and it's actually common.

Reactions: Extremly kind <3
D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
If it's toxin or mental related, sending yourself an email won't prove anything because your mind knows the contents.

Reactions: magick'sgone and Halo13
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
hmm I have a friend who believed all her phones/ computers were tapped so she swore off all those and only calls people through pay phones.
Maybe you can get those old time phones without internet connection?
or hmm maybe record voice logs of conversations
and tell us what you heard then we can double confirm what you heard is real?

Reactions: Halo13
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
To gang up and wage war against someone for own amusement is a very old occurrence. Keeping diaries is not my thing, but I do take notes, because my short term memory no longer exists basically. As for being hacked, never destroy evidence, because if it really happened, you can make everyone involved feel how blowtorch in the rear feels like.

Reactions: Egddios
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
whatever you do, don't tell a shrink. They will give their "opinion" that you're making it up, without making any effort to verify if it's true, and "just makes shit up" will become the diagnosis you have to live with the rest of your life. No one will ever believe a word you say or have a real conversation with you again.

The truth is that technology now enables this kind of gaslighting very easily and it happens much more often than people think. For fifty bucks you can monitor everything someone does on their phone,which for most people is their whole life.
Most women who are fleeing domestic violence and gaslighting situations get thrown in psych wards when they report their experiences to police because it just sounds crazy and cops/shrinks are behind the times as far as knowing what technology can do (and also cops and shrinks hate women to begin with so they are always looking for any little excuse to lock us up or label us defective).
And the point of good gaslighting is to constantly surround the victim with situations that seem crazy, so you can never seek help because nobody believes you if you talk about it. Once you can't talk about it, you are effectively isolated from any possible source of help.

Your only option is to stay strong and pretend you don't know it's happening. But your tormentors probably already have spyware on your device and so have seen this post so they know you know. They will start filling the conversations they have with you with little teasing "hints" that they know your secrets, it's intended to unnerve you, just ignore it. Start monitoring their conversational games (they all have them) and mimicing them back at them. My favorite recent one when a bunch of social workers gangedup on me to try to manipulate me into "admitting" I'm not disabled(which I am).They were "slyly" filming me on their phones so I stared straight into the cameras and kept changing the subject to "this really fascinating book I'm reading about how the social service and healthcare professions are actually very popular with sociopaths of low intellect, people who want the power to manipulate others, but are too stupid to be successful at it in regular society so they join a profession that gives them unsupervised access to vulnerable people, and engage in shocking instances of abuse and gaslighting. Isn't that so interesting? That I know these things about you?"
Then slowly raised my cell phone and pointed it at them. The shame on their faces was very satisfying. And those girls have been PILING on makeup every day since because they're so scared of having the camera pointed at them!
MY CAMERA WAS NEVER EVEN ON!
HaaaaHAAAHA!!!
Stupid cunts.

Source: got labled delusional and thrown in a psych ward for attempting suicide after extreme longterm gaslighting that my family and co-workers participated in. I knew the doctors wouldn't believe me but I also knew how to play that to my advantage.
WOW, that is some shit you have going on there.

I am tech savvy and unless you share passwords with others, or give them log in details, hacking is out of most peoples reach. Not impossible, just improbable. I dont have a phone, only use a laptop and have files encrypted. My router has protection, my system has protection and I am careful to use a VPN when visiting sites like this one. I also change the browser I use frequently. It all helps prevent ID theft etc etc. There is a great thread somewhere on this site about privacy and how to stay fairly anonymous on-line.

Other than that, I dont know what to say to you. I just hope things improve somehow.
sigh... the guy who claims hacking is "almost impossible" then goes on to recite the elaborate laundry list of necessary precautions he takes against something he just said is "almost impossible"...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Egddios and Faraway1990
magick'sgone

magick'sgone

And so on it goes....
May 16, 2019
I think we need to be very careful with our advice here. While gaslighting is obviously a very real occurrence, it is virtually unheard of to the extreme degree that has been described in this post. I'm absolutely not calling OP a liar at all.

A few years ago something similar happened with a very good friend of mine. He was under a lot of stress and stopped eating and sleeping properly. To cut a very long story short, he came to believe that the entire friendship group, his family, his children's mother, the police, social services etc etc were all in on some giant conspiracy against him. I can assure you we weren't, but he was completely and utterly convinced. Our objections and denials made him more "sure" of our guilt. His discussions with strangers online only fuelled his suspicions and the situation became dangerous.

I'm not saying OP is wrong or crazy or anything like that, just that I've seen how intelligent people can be overly observant to their own detriment. OP, please be kind to yourself for a while. Treat yourself well. Practice being aware of your breathing. Eat good food. Stop looking for confirmation everywhere. I know that sounds like bullshit and kinda patronising, but it makes such a difference.

Most people wouldn't have the determination or ability to carry out the sort of operation you have described. More importantly, most "normal" people are too busy thinking about themselves all the time to bother with something so intricate involving another person. The truth is that most people don't think or feel enough about others to invest so much time and effort into a project that doesn't directly benefit them.

And please DO NOT set up an email pretending to be the authorities. I'm pretty sure that's illegal and the sort of activity that will get you in serious trouble. Take care, mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaBrava, Soul, memento_mori and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I think we need to be very careful with our advice here. While gaslighting is obviously a very real occurrence, it is virtually unheard of to the extreme degree that has been described in this post. I'm absolutely not calling OP a liar at all.

A few years ago something similar happened with a very good friend of mine. He was under a lot of stress and stopped eating and sleeping properly. To cut a very long story short, he came to believe that the entire friendship group, his family, his children's mother, the police, social services etc etc were all in on some giant conspiracy against him. I can assure you we weren't, but he was completely and utterly convinced. Our objections and denials made him more "sure" of our guilt. His discussions with strangers online only fuelled his suspicions and the situation became dangerous.

I'm not saying OP is wrong or crazy or anything like that, just that I've seen how intelligent people can be overly observant to their own detriment. OP, please be kind to yourself for a while. Treat yourself well. Practice being aware of your breathing. Eat good food. Stop looking for confirmation everywhere. I know that sounds like bullshit and kinda patronising, but it makes such a difference.

Most people wouldn't have the determination or ability to carry out the sort of operation you have described. More importantly, most "normal" people are too busy thinking about themselves all the time to bother with something so intricate involving another person. The truth is that most people don't think or feel enough about others to invest so much time and effort into a project that doesn't directly benefit them.

And please DO NOT set up an email pretending to be the authorities. I'm pretty sure that's illegal and the sort of activity that will get you in serious trouble. Take care, mate.
She had just broken up with a guy who worked in IT.
That's how it always starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Egddios, LogicalConclusion, memento_mori and 1 other person
magick'sgone

magick'sgone

And so on it goes....
May 16, 2019
She had just broken up with a guy who worked in IT.
That's how it always starts.

That is not "how it always starts". So you're saying that she breaks up with an IT guy, and he convinces the entire old company, the entire new company, and OP's family to be in on an illegal, malicious gaslighting campaign? Come on dude, let's put this in perspective. Despite however we may feel about the world, sick fucks who would be ok with a plan like that are definitely in the minority. There will be people who don't like each other at both of those companies. Why would they harmoniously collaborate in a plot to ruin someone's life, just because she broke up with her bf? Logic is essential here.

It's far more likely that reporting inappropriate comments after a couple of months at the new job created an uneasy feeling in the office. Inappropriate comments should, of course, be reported. But with all of the other stuff that was troubling OP at the time, it's possible there had been a miscommunication. Many years ago I worked in a call centre for a large firm. A really sweet, caring, popular guy worked in the training team. One day a new girl reported him for inappropriate behaviour. He was investigated but no real conclusion could be reached because it was her word against his, so they both kept their jobs. People believed him because in the 16 years he had worked there, he'd never displayed that kind of behaviour in any way. After that, the female employees didn't want to be her friend, and the men gave her a wide berth. Not saying that's exactly what's happened in OP's case, simply pointing out that making reports when you're new can make people wary.

It's not really surprising that HR advised against reporting the entire office for harassment. Harassment is a heavy accusation, and accusing all of your co workers at once is very serious, and almost impossible to resolve.

OP's mother might not be ghosting her, she might honestly not know how to respond. She may not want to encourage what she interprets as delusions, nor upset her daughter by disagreeing. It's a hard position to be in. I've put my own mother in that position before. I've also been put in that position by my friend, so I kinda see it from both angles.

I'm sorry if any of this seems harsh OP, it's not intended to. This forum is for support and sometimes that needs to come as honesty from those who aren't personally involved. It would be irresponsible for us all to automatically agree on one view.

I really hope this can all get sorted out for you. Do you have access to any nature spots in your area? woodland, a river, fields etc? You might benefit from a couple of nights away from all technology, camping in the fresh air and unwinding. Just an idea. Take care of yourself and good luck.

Reactions: Halo13, Soul and Faraway1990
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
That is not "how it always starts". So you're saying that she breaks up with an IT guy, and he convinces the entire old company, the entire new company, and OP's family to be in on an illegal, malicious gaslighting campaign? Come on dude, let's put this in perspective. Despite however we may feel about the world, sick fucks who would be ok with a plan like that are definitely in the minority. There will be people who don't like each other at both of those companies. Why would they harmoniously collaborate in a plot to ruin someone's life, just because she broke up with her bf? Logic is essential here.

It's far more likely that reporting inappropriate comments after a couple of months at the new job created an uneasy feeling in the office. Inappropriate comments should, of course, be reported. But with all of the other stuff that was troubling OP at the time, it's possible there had been a miscommunication. Many years ago I worked in a call centre for a large firm. A really sweet, caring, popular guy worked in the training team. One day a new girl reported him for inappropriate behaviour. He was investigated but no real conclusion could be reached because it was her word against his, so they both kept their jobs. People believed him because in the 16 years he had worked there, he'd never displayed that kind of behaviour in any way. After that, the female employees didn't want to be her friend, and the men gave her a wide berth. Not saying that's exactly what's happened in OP's case, simply pointing out that making reports when you're new can make people wary.

It's not really surprising that HR advised against reporting the entire office for harassment. Harassment is a heavy accusation, and accusing all of your co workers at once is very serious, and almost impossible to resolve.

OP's mother might not be ghosting her, she might honestly not know how to respond. She may not want to encourage what she interprets as delusions, nor upset her daughter by disagreeing. It's a hard position to be in. I've put my own mother in that position before. I've also been put in that position by my friend, so I kinda see it from both angles.

I'm sorry if any of this seems harsh OP, it's not intended to. This forum is for support and sometimes that needs to come as honesty from those who aren't personally involved. It would be irresponsible for us all to automatically agree on one view.

I really hope this can all get sorted out for you. Do you have access to any nature spots in your area? woodland, a river, fields etc? You might benefit from a couple of nights away from all technology, camping in the fresh air and unwinding. Just an idea. Take care of yourself and good luck.
I agree it's a crazy situation but unfortunately it's not terribly farfetched, it wouldn't be the first time this kind of thing has happened to women. Agree also that attempting to report shit that sounds crazy just makes people think you're crazy, but crazy shit does happen nonetheless, and more often than people believe.
I don't know what happened to OP but I have experienced enough crazy shit, and seen enough crazy shit happen to others, to know what she's claiming is not out of the question.
Exposing someones' journal can hurt a LOT of people. And people are a LOT nosier than you think.

Reactions: Going Home and Faraway1990
magick'sgone

magick'sgone

And so on it goes....
May 16, 2019
Absolutely, crazy shit does happen. I'm saying that it's unlikely that it would happen on this scale. For one, the ex bf would know that his actions were criminal, and therefore probably wouldn't notify so many people. Secondly, I'm pretty sure someone in one of these companies would feel unsettled by the fact that a creepy IT guy could access and spread something so personal, as it could just as easily happen to them. People break up with partners all the time, it's normal. I really doubt that all the employees of 2 entire offices would give a shit enough to condone and assist the criminal actions of one jilted lover.

Reactions: Halo13 and Soul
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Absolutely, crazy shit does happen. I'm saying that it's unlikely that it would happen on this scale. For one, the ex bf would know that his actions were criminal, and therefore probably wouldn't notify so many people. Secondly, I'm pretty sure someone in one of these companies would feel unsettled by the fact that a creepy IT guy could access and spread something so personal, as it could just as easily happen to them. People break up with partners all the time, it's normal. I really doubt that all the employees of 2 entire offices would give a shit enough to condone and assist the criminal actions of one jilted lover.
Jilted lovers murder each other all the time, that shit is "normal" too. Compared to the usual type of partner violence and harassment, this would only be unusual in it's nonviolent creativity, but not in it's malice.

Reactions: Pupu
magick'sgone

magick'sgone

And so on it goes....
May 16, 2019
Yes, it would be normal for the jilted lover to do something strange. But for the entire staff of 2 separate companies to participate? Very different

Reactions: Halo13 and Soul
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Yes, it would be normal for the jilted lover to do something strange. But for the entire staff of 2 separate companies to participate? Very different
Depends on what information or gossip has been spread to them. There was a guy who got harassed by his whole town because some weird neighbor he'd never even spoken to got a crush on him and wanted to break up his marriage, and somehow thought posting derogatory lies about him on Topix would make his wife leave him. Ruined the guys life over nothing, just idle gossip from a weird strangers.
People are generally very evil and quick to victimize anybody, as long as they think they'll get away with it.
Look how quickly the Germans turned on their neighbors in WWII. It can happen in any society, in any social group, to anyone. For any reason, or sometimes for no reason at all.