K

kaitekat23

Dec 16, 2023
I'm being to realize that once I die. I'll be forgotten. I'm not sure if that's a blessing or just sad. realizing in my life I've spent on this planet; I've done nothing I'm proud of. No one will know who I was or what kind of person I was. I'll be a statistic to many of those who are considering suicide. Being a statistic is never the goal for those considering suicide. it's to be finally be at peace. So being forgotten isn't the worst feeling in the world. It's being alive, and witnessing the world move on without you, that's the hardest part. The world is ever growing, moving forward and transitioning. Some follow along with it and grow, become these beautiful and bright people; and some are struck, fighting for their air to breath, and figuring out ways to move forward. Some figure it out and move forward with life, some never do. Some stay behind, watching everything around them turn dark as they are being left behind. Flowers that bloomed, are now dying as the light is moving on. Life that was so precious, is now lifeless and dull. That's what being forgotten is and will look like. I don't mind it. Because I know that I may not know what is waiting for me on the otherside, it is better than living in a lifeless and dull life I am struck in, and never finding the strength to move foward.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, Sannti, february in alaska and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The way I see it, I believe most people will eventually be forgotten about as they'll no longer exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here and I personally find the thought of being forgotten to be comforting, all I wish for is to be forgotten like I never existed at all. In fact to me the only comfort lies in not-existing for all eternity where I'm completely unaware.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, february in alaska and kaitekat23
K

kaitekat23

Dec 16, 2023
The way I see it, I believe most people will eventually be forgotten about as they'll no longer exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here and I personally find the thought of being forgotten to be comforting, all I wish for is to be forgotten like I never existed at all. In fact to me the only comfort lies in not-existing for all eternity where I'm completely unaware.
I was trying to message you but it won't allow me.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I feel this. Thinking about being forgotten confuses me, I can never tell how I feel about it. The idea both comforts me and terrifies me, makes me relieved and disappointed, furious and happy and all the emotions. I don't understand it at all. I guess it's just another form of death. Leaving this world and going somewhere else. In some ways that's hard, because this is all we know, but there is definitely something beautiful about the inevitability of it, too.

I like to think about the world that will exist thousands or millions of years after humans are already extinct. In terms of this life, nothing will ever really be remembered. It doesn't matter what great accomplishments you make or whether you're the most famous figure on the planet. We're all equally insignificant in the grand scheme of things, so nothing really matters, and that's up to you to do with it what you will

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and kaitekat23