FailureToAll

FailureToAll

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Does anyone else feel like they don't have a severe enough diagnosis to ctb?
I'm only diagnosed with depression and social anxiety which so many people seem to have and seem to manage way better it almost feels like that's just the standard and I'm over dramatic about things. I have symptoms that match other things but I'm too anxious to speak to a psychiatrist again and embarrassed to ask about the other things because I'm probably wrong. But part of me wants to bring it up before I die just to feel like I have a real reason. But I know it's pointless, it won't change anything and it's silly to get a diagnosis when I don't even want it to help myself. Idk I don't feel like I have real problems and I just constantly crave validation that I'm not going to get because I'm just over dramatic that's all there is to it. I honestly hate hearing people's recovery stories it doesn't give me hope it makes me feel broken like how am I not able to make myself better yet they are if we have the same thing?? I want another diagnosis just to feel like it's something harder to recover from but the truth is im just a weak person.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: avaruus, Sannti, Jealous Blackheart and 1 other person
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
It's hard to admit something like that, yet you did. In my book that counts for something.

• Love
Reactions: FailureToAll
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
Depression and social anxiety alone are a lot. It's hard to compare how bad those things are for someone else vs you. I find that not everyone is managing their diagnoses as good as they'd have you believe either. Your reasons to CTB are valid. No one but you knows what it's like for you.

• Love
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
I get it, it feels very validating to have many diagnosis backing up your feelings. But remember that depression is still one of the most deadliest mental health diagnosis there is, its not in anyway a mild diagnosis.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with craving validation and attention, it's very natural to have a desire to be noticed.

• Love