keyakizaka

keyakizaka

Apr 25, 2021
I'm gonna ctb in 3 days. before i do i want to get this out because i'm the only one who knows.

I have an obsessive problem. i fall in love with people super quick and i get really possessive almost immediately. i feel the need to protect the person i like obsessively.

But the worst part is that the people i get obsessed with are usually famous or people i haven't met in real life.
This makes it harder for me everyday because i feel the need to defend them all the time and check up on their accounts 24-7 because i don't want anything bad to happen to them. (this is also related to my ocd)
For example, when i hear people mention or compliment my favorite kpop idol i get really upset because they're my favorite and i dont think anyone can love them as much as i do. Its a really unhealthy "you're mine" or "you belong to me" kind of mindset. I feel entitled to people and i don't know why. And i don't think there's anything i can do about it. i don't want to end up doing harm to anyone because of my problem. this is one of the many reasons why i'm gonna ctb.

does anyone else have this problem?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ramirez, FuneralCry, daddy Phil :) and 5 others
L

Less_Negative

Less is more.
Apr 25, 2021
when i hear people mention or compliment my favorite kpop idol i get really upset because they're my favorite and i dont think anyone can love them as much as i do.
I know what you mean, I am exactly like that.
Never have I had that problem with people, but I struggle with this problem every day. When people mention a series/game/character which I fondly adore, I just lose it, I get irrationally angry and just start ranting and getting into arguments with random people over the stupidest shit, I honestly believe I would get in a physical confrontation if I could. All because they named a thing I "love". It's pure and uncontrolled fanaticism and not of the good kind.
Either way, you are not alone on this one. We might defend different things, but we share the same problem.

Also, good luck on your method of choice. Hope it's quick.

• Hugs
Reactions: keyakizaka
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Well, I don't, but according to the Reddit post below, overrating one's potential to cause harm is kinda expected with OCD. So if you haven't sought any professional help at all, maybe look into it? Your choice, of course, but I hope it's a bit more informed now.

• Love
Reactions: keyakizaka, Pookie, demuic and 1 other person
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I faced this problem with everyone I loved. I wanted to protect the guy I loved insanely. He didn't like that, and eventually breakup occurs.
Breakup was the wake up call for me, what the hell I'm doing?!! why do I care about him or anyone, even when they don't appreciate me?!!!
I'm not saying I'm not possessive now, however I try to avoid getting attached with anyone.

I think you already made a great step by identifying the problem. You're already awake, you observed yourself and you know when such behavior is triggered. You can do this whenever someone compliments your favorite artists, just acknowledge the feeling you get "Yes I'm angry, I'm mad ...I'm anxious" and let it go. As time passes and with these small steps, you will feel better.

I know it isn't easy, but start with small steps. I wish you nothing but peace and light. Stay strong... sending hugs and love all the way to you <3

Reactions: keyakizaka, FuneralCry, Pookie and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Well, I don't, but according to the Reddit post below, overrating one's potential to cause harm is kinda expected with OCD
Yeah, odds are you'll never actually hurt anybody

Reactions: keyakizaka and demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Well, I don't, but according to the Reddit post below, overrating one's potential to cause harm is kinda expected with OCD. So if you haven't sought any professional help at all, maybe look into it? Your choice, of course, but I hope it's a bit more informed now.

Yes, I don't believe you're likely to do harm to anyone especially when you're this concerned about it.

Additionally you could look into "Celebrity Worship Syndrome." https://psychminds.com/celebrity-worship-syndrome/

Reactions: keyakizaka
PlushieLover

PlushieLover

XII - THE HANGED MAN
Mar 24, 2021
YES! I have that problem. In my case, the person that I fall in love was a girl from my school. I hurt her a lot because my obsessive personality. I really wish I could just stop thinking about her for at least a whole day. At least now I'm far away so I can't hurt her anymore.

Is funny sometimes because you can realize that you're obsessed but you can't do anything about it.

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
YES! I have that problem. In my case, the person that I fall in love was a girl from my school. I hurt her a lot because my obsessive personality. I really wish I could just stop thinking about her for at least a whole day. At least now I'm far away so I can't hurt her anymore.

Is funny sometimes because you can realize that you're obsessed but you can't do anything about it.
At least you have self-awareness and can acknowledge it. How did you hurt her if I may ask?

PlushieLover

PlushieLover

XII - THE HANGED MAN
Mar 24, 2021
At least you have self-awareness and can acknowledge it. How did you hurt her if I may ask?
I did many things to her. I told her that I was going to kidnap her, I convince her to send me her nudes, I told her that she was a dragged whore, and other stuff that is not nice at all.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have had obsessive tendencies towards things, as that is my personality, but not really towards people. At least you acknowledge that you have a problem and you are aware of your actions. Many people with that type of condition are often under a delusion. I wish you the best.