R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
It's so scary.
Only by thinking about it I get nervous and scared.
How tf do they muster the courage to do it?

• Hugs
Reactions: noname478, Homo erectus, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
My guess is desperation. Despair makes people do things they wouldn't normally do

Reactions: worthIess, divinemistress36, lifewasawillowtv and 4 others
Pyxel

Pyxel

Sleepy
Sep 10, 2023
Falling to death seems so pleasant. Feeling the wind at high velocity without a care in the world before I'm at peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, sserafim, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
I don't think I could jump from a window but from a mountain or rooftop I'd close my eyes and run towards the edge so I could just fall unexpectedly.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Pyxel
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I wish I had the courage to do that, maybe if I did, I'd be dead right now.

I also wonder how they bring up all the courage to jump, I wish I could do that.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Sannti, cscott and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because they were so brave, I envy and admire the courage they had to permanently escape from all the suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, divinemistress36, sserafim and 5 others
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I'm afraid of heights but I suppose once you go over the edge there's no going back. Just a few brief moments of me pissing myself on the way down.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
It's so scary.
Only by thinking about it I get nervous and scared.
How tf do they muster the courage to do it?
I don't understand either. I'm terrified of heights.

I

idonthaveanother

Sep 13, 2023
I would never jump. Here's the thing, a good number of people who have attempted to ctb via jumping and ended up living, said that the moment they jumped, a second later they immediately regretted it. Then they're just stuck with that regret for seconds until impact? That sounds awful. And then to live after that too? Dreadful. I believe one of those stories was a guy who tried the Golden Gate Bridge.

• Aww..
Reactions: tiredangelgirl, sserafim and not-2-b-the-answer
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I will soon be driven to due to desperation. The only thing holding me back is my fear of failure and the risk of failing

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36 and annointed_towers
Ampsvx123

Ampsvx123

Student
Jul 10, 2018
Only the livings are afraid of pain, of consequences.
These with the dead eyes, they do not think, but do as they are told, by reveries, by dreams, they heed and follow wherever their souls have gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: mytimemysunflower
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
My guess is desperation. Despair makes people do things they wouldn't normally do
I'd say it's dissociation or it happens straight after another tragic event. I can't imagine planning to jump with plenty of time in advance.

Reactions: Life interrupted
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
No doubt they're brave as a motherfucker, i don't imagine death from falling.

I personally think, broken legs, spine, brain blown out, cracked skull. Fuck that.

Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023
To me a method's scariness depends entirely on how quick and painless or slow and painful it is. As long as there's a very long drop into water to guarantee results and no collateral damage, I'd find jumping less scary than slower methods like SN. If a specific location was in my own country, it would be my first choice, or maybe second after N, but traveling to someone else's country to jump seems somehow rude, so I will stick to the scarier methods like SN and/or hypothermia.

N

noname478

Jan 18, 2024
I think once they're in that situation it's a "can't turn back" sort of thing. I'm deathly terrified of heights, however, if I was certain that it would be a guaranteed method of CTB, I would do it anyways.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
You think being on benzos would help take some of the fear away of jumping?