Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Most of us will never own a home. Most of us will never be able to retire before we're 65.
Most of us will have no saving or investments to fall back on.
Most of us will require government financial assistance for food and housing.

The prices of everything are only going up higher and higher.
Food, rent, gas, services, etc. The pay rate is not rising to keep up with inflation.

Putting aside your emotional internal depression... the cost of living alone is worthy of mass suicide.
Do you understand!? Forget those who make below the poverty line of I think 20 or 30k. This is true for people who even make thrice that!
That includes retail workers, service industry, transportation, manual labor force, and all other blue collar workers. The people!

This has elevated my depression and despair immensely.
What are we working for? More over... WHAT ARE WE DOING WITH OUR MONEY!?
Buying drugs? Video games? Toys? Bullshit we don't need. Jesus, we are so fucked.
I literally am not spending any money on anything but food and bills right now. Starting now.

I'm having a severe fucking panic attack..................

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ikadasui, irregularreconcile, pthnrdnojvsc and 32 others
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

šŸŖ¦ July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
Yeah, that's how the whole 'ignorance is bliss' saying gets perpetuated. If I wasn't painfully aware of my life and the world works in general, I'd definitely be happier than I am now. I would still probably consider suicide, but there would be moments I could find peace I think.

I'm sorry that you're spiraling right now, I know it hurts and I know it feels like there is no way out. Believe me I'm right there with you. I don't have an answer to your problems, but I do have an answer to mine. I hope you're able to find yours too.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, myusername890, Deleted member 65988 and 8 others
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Most of us will never own a home. Most of us will never be able to retire before we're 65.

Food, rent, gas, services, etc. The pay rate is not rising to keep up with inflation.

Putting aside your emotional internal depression... the cost of living alone is worthy of mass suicide.
Do you understand!? Forget those who make below the poverty line of I think 20 or 30k. This is true for people who even make thrice that!
That includes retail workers, service industry, transportation, manual labor force, and all other blue collar workers. The people!

This has elevated my depression and despair immensely.
What are we working for? More over... WHAT ARE WE DOING WITH OUR MONEY!?
Buying drugs? Video games? Toys? Bullshit we don't need. Jesus, we are so fucked.
I literally am not spending any money on anything but food and bills right now. Starting now.

I'm having a severe fucking panic attack..................
Yes, we have no future, the fairytale is b.s., and life is meaningless... what's not to be depressed about!

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, AvoidingMyself, Raven2 and 7 others
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Yeah, that's how the whole 'ignorance is bliss' saying gets perpetuated. If I wasn't painfully aware of my life and the world works in general, I'd definitely be happier than I am now. I would still probably consider suicide, but there would be moments I could find peace I think.

I'm sorry that you're spiraling right now, I know it hurts and I know it feels like there is no way out. Believe me I'm right there with you. I don't have an answer to your problems, but I do have an answer to mine. I hope you're able to find yours too.
It's the same outcome. Even if you were ignorant to the goings on of the world, you'd still hit the wall eventually.
It's better to realize it sooner than later but I know what you mean in regards to the temparary bliss.
I'm so scared that i'll never reach that point of total helplessness where I literally HAVE to ctb.
I'm scared that i'll always have just enough to keep skating by.

All these problems and guess what? It doesn't even factor in the traumatic life events!!
People dying on you. Job loss. General stresss. Dear god.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Kit1 and MelancholyGirl
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
This is actually one of the main reasons I want to CBT. The effort it takes to live, not to mention live happily, is way more than it takes to die. My motivation to keep going is very low, and I don't think I can put in the effort to live, but I can put in the effort to die. If the only way out of suffering is too either live a happy life or die, than it's much easier to die. Some people are blessed with the determination to live a happy life, but people like me are not.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, BluesRunTheGame, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
This is actually one of the main reasons I want to CBT. The effort it takes to live, not to mention live happily, is way more than it takes to die. My motivation to keep going is very low, and I don't think I can put in the effort to live, but I can put in the effort to die. If the only way out of suffering is too either live a happy life or die, than it's much easier to die. Some people are blessed with the determination to live a happy life, but people like me are not.
This is so very true.
The only thing that helps me a little bit is putting things into prospective.
Poverty in america is not the same as poverty in the third world.
Our lives might be difficult but we are not at the very edge of life and death.
I see why people come to america and look down on us a weak.
Where they come from poverty is having a piece of bread to share between 5 people.
But the word is getting better. Even in third world countries. Soon, we may all be on the same level of suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Spiritual survivor
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
This is even more of an issue if you live in poorer countries like me.Here it's already difficult for the mentally well to find a job let alone for people with issues like me.There is little welfare to help if you have a mental Illness

I'm lucky I was born in a somewhat middle class family that can support me for now which is not so common where I live

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Celerity, Kit1 and 1 other person
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
This is even more of an issue if you live in poorer countries like me.Here it's already difficult for the mentally well to find a job let alone for people with issues like me.There is little welfare to help if you have a mental Illness

I'm lucky I was born in a somewhat middle class family that can support me for now which is not so common where I live
Yes, you're pretty lucky. I have learned that even in very poor countries, there is money to be earned. In places like that and much like everywhere else, you have to built relationships. Befriend government workers, business owners, etc. or be where they congrugate, and you might be able to find something that works.

Reactions: Kit1
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
people still find a way to get around these things and live contently. once you focus on the positive side of things and become grateful for what you have instead of mourning what you don't it becomes much easier. life isn't meant to be smooth sailing unfortunately

• Hugs
Reactions: UnwillingSavior and Kit1
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
people still find a way to get around these things and live contently. once you focus on the positive side of things and become grateful for what you have instead of mourning what you don't it becomes much easier. life isn't meant to be smooth sailing unfortunately
I try to remind myself this every day. Take it one day at a time. Tackle each problem as it comes. Try to prepare a little bit. Don't cry about things that haven't even happened yet. It helps sometimes.

• Hugs
Reactions: UnwillingSavior and Kit1
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Nah, I pay lots of attention I just don't take this hell seriously anymore. I am always ready to lose even more and experience more hell. I will never let emotions get the best of me anymore and fall into despair trap and worry about things I will lose one day anyway.

Everything is pointless so I will just try to feel good when I can and don't give a f about things I don't have to in present. Everyone dies so what is the point? I saw people not even enjoying their retirement because they died from illnesses. You can plan whatever shit you want but life will always surprise you.

Everything is futile so I might just use this body to feel good and not think about bad crap when I can.

We are all going to same place.

• Hugs
Reactions: edu0z, Hollowman, Kit1 and 1 other person
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Nah, I pay lots of attention I just don't take this hell seriously anymore. I am always ready to lose even more and experience more hell. I will never let emotions get the best of me anymore and fall into despair trap and worry about things I will lose one day anyway.

Everything is pointless so I will just try to feel good when I can and don't give a f about things I don't have to in present. Everyone dies so what is the point? I saw people not even enjoying their retirement because they died from illnesses. You can plan whatever shit you want but life will always surprise you.

Everything is futile so I might just use this body to feel good and not think about bad crap when I can.

We are all going to same place.
You have a good point.

I wish I could be this detached. It's not easy for me to not care. I envy you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
You have a good point.

I wish I could be this detached. It's not easy for me to not care. I envy you.
Well everything has "good and bad" sides I would say. Worrying and acting on your feelings might improve your life later but the thing is you can't predict everything and we are mortals.

I had to become like this because if I despaired about my situation I would just suffer more which I find pointless honestly. I think I became numb because I got hit by countless crap and at some point I just accepted everything to a degree.

Last time I was in shock and despaired was before I first came here years ago, when I got health issues. But over time I accepted that as well kinda. I suffer but I am so used to it. My whole life I watched as my every human desire was crushed into pieces by circumstances out of my control and health stuff was a nuke on already crumbled island.

I can still have some fun but even if I was unable I would be ready for it because I understand that hell is all that is left for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Sleeper System
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Well everything has "good and bad" sides I would say. Worrying and acting on your feelings might improve your life later but the thing is you can't predict everything and we are mortals.

I had to become like this because if I despaired about my situation I would just suffer more which I find pointless honestly. I think I became numb because I got hit by countless crap and at some point I just accepted everything to a degree.

Last time I was in shock and despaired was before I first came here years ago, when I got health issues. But over time I accepted that as well kinda. I suffer but I am so used to it. My whole life I watched as my every human desire was crushed into pieces by circumstances out of my control and health stuff was a nuke on already crumbled island.

I can still have some fun but even if I was unable I would be ready for it because I understand that hell is all that is left for me.

I feel like i'm programmed to believe that even though life is unpredicatable, we have a level of control that can play a factor in yeilding certain outcomes. It's because of that that I can't stop thinking about the present suffering and the future suffering. I wish I could turn it off. It keeps me up at night and is always in the back of my mind. I hope one day I can really just stop caring.

• Hugs
Reactions: SamTam33, Kit1 and R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I feel like i'm programmed to believe that even though life is unpredicatable, we have a level of control that can play a factor in yeilding certain outcomes. It's because of that that I can't stop thinking about the present suffering and the future suffering. I wish I could turn it off. It keeps me up at night and is always in the back of my mind. I hope one day I can really just stop caring.
I know it is rough but you know what they say, be careful what you wish for. I am like a corpse now even tho I can still enjoy some things.

Reactions: Sleeper System
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I know it is rough but you know what they say, be careful what you wish for. I am like a corpse now even tho I can still enjoy some things.
I work in a place where i interact with people so I have been pretending to not be dead inside for a very long time. I try to make the effort to be nice and that's where I'm at. I think my form of not caring would register to people as mean or an asshole.

• Hugs
Reactions: R_N
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(į“—_ į“—怂)
Nov 25, 2023
The pension system will be replaced by UBI. It's unsustainable. In my home country the retirement age is like 68 and expected to rise again

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
The pension system will be replaced by UBI. It's unsustainable. In my home country the retirement age is like 68 and expected to rise again
What's UBI? and yeah.. that is horrible. They want us to die at the workplace it seems. Anything to keep their precious econmy going.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(į“—_ į“—怂)
Nov 25, 2023
What's UBI? and yeah.. that is horrible. They want us to die at the workplace it seems. Anything to keep their precious econmy going.
Universal basic income. It's like universal welfare of the future. Basic income for everyone without conditions. It's going to happen once AI replaces most of the workforce

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Universal basic income. It's like universal welfare of the future. Basic income for everyone without conditions. It's going to happen once AI replaces most of the workforce
Oh ok. I don't think that will happen in our life time.

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Oh ok. I don't think that will happen in our life time.
Agreed. Even if it were to happen, I'm sure there are strict requirements. Otherwise many people will just be lazy and not work too much, and just collect free government money, which will make the whole system / society collapse. So don't rely too much on UBI for now

dumblosergirl

dumblosergirl

girl failure
Feb 13, 2023
I think life began to feel less real and less meaningful the minute I got out of school and realized I'll be working until I'm old and frail. Working for most of your life and for what? Just to make enough to get by(if even)? Everyday? That's it? That is what life is about? It's cruel.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023

Food, rent, gas, services, etc. The pay rate is not rising to keep up with inflation
This is all so clear, and yet most people just live on without worrying. I don't even think that it's lack of attention, I think it's just pretending it isn't a big deal. Hell, many people who will live a terrible future will never consider suicide. Isn't that just crazy? I can't even imagine that.

Reactions: Sleeper System, Hollowman and UnwillingSavior
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
This is all so clear, and yet most people just live on without worrying. I don't even think that it's lack of attention, I think it's just pretending it isn't a big deal. Hell, many people who will live a terrible future will never consider suicide. Isn't that just crazy? I can't even imagine that.
I am always wondering are they strong or just ignorant. Or both. Their flame is hard to extinguish. I am always hard on majority of people but mostly because they prolong this cycle by reproducing. But you have to admit that they have some strong drive to keep going until they collapse, even if blind.

They would surely despair in some of our situations but they rarely give up on society and their place in it. They get back on their feet often. It is important to them. It is their whole identity.

I had to die just to keep living but honestly I barely resemble a life form. I don't really feel my pulse when I kill what makes me human each day just to scrape by. Still alternative is worse so I would rather suffer less by not thinking over things I have no control over. Pointless.

Reactions: Hollowman and Abyssal
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
I am always wondering are they strong or just ignorant. Or both. Their flame is hard to extinguish. I am always hard on majority of people but mostly because they prolong this cycle by reproducing. But you have to admit that they have some strong drive to keep going until they collapse, even if blind.

They would surely despair in some of our situations but they rarely give up on society and their place in it. They get back on their feet often. It is important to them. It is their whole identity.

I had to die just to keep living but honestly I barely resemble a life form. I don't really feel my pulse when I kill what makes me human each day just to scrape by. Still alternative is worse so I would rather suffer less by not thinking over things I have no control over. Pointless.
I also wonder this as well. My guess is they probably have good relationships with family, or have a supportive tribe, which helps to keep each other accountable and motivated

I sometimes wonder the average person in society, with full time job, marriage, kids, and maybe a house or apartment. How many of them are actually happy? Since that is majority of the population. They seem to be the ones that carry on. Some of them also go to church

Is that the formula for happiness for the average person?

S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I think there are far more low IQ people than we realize and those kinds make for good minions.

Like the millions of people who voluntarily join the military and/or go to church every week.

They find comfort in being told exactly what to do and think. It's less stress on their under-developed brains.

So if no one is actively telling them they should be unhappy, they won't be. They literally just parrot whatever their chosen leaders (religious, political, parental, etc.) say to them.

You only get one life.
Life is beautiful.
Life is too short
(one of the biggest lies ever uttered because unless you're a damn tortoise - there's nothing "short" about 75 - 80 years).

It's the most logical explanation for me: Group-think, wanting to fit in, having a follower mentality, little to no critical thinking skills. There's no reason to think those kinds of people reflect deeply on unhappiness or seek ways to rectify their situation.

They're told to be thankful for waking up, go to work, get married, have babies, worship a god and pay taxes. So that's exactly what they do.

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, Hollowman, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
I think there are far more low IQ people than we realize and those kinds make for good minions.

Like the millions of people who voluntarily join the military and/or go to church every week.

They find comfort in being told exactly what to do and think. It's less stress on their under-developed brains.

So if no one is actively telling them they should be unhappy, they won't be. They literally just parrot whatever their chosen leaders (religious, political, parental, etc.) say to them.

You only get one life.
Life is beautiful.
Life is too short
(one of the biggest lies ever uttered because unless you're a damn tortoise - there's nothing "short" about 75 - 80 years).

It's the most logical explanation for me: Group-think, wanting to fit in, having a follower mentality, little to no critical thinking skills. There's no reason to think those kinds of people reflect deeply on unhappiness or seek ways to rectify their situation.

They're told to be thankful for waking up, go to work, get married, have babies, worship a god and pay taxes. So that's exactly what they do.
They probably expecting to go to heaven when they die. And believe if they CTB, they may get punished and go to hell, so they won't easily CTB

sanlcx

sanlcx

Oct 21, 2023
Life is too short (one of the biggest lies ever uttered because unless you're a damn tortoise - there's nothing "short" about 75 - 80 years).

I don't know, the years do go by pretty quickly, it is short and not short at the same time imo.

ghostiscrying

ghostiscrying

I desire the things which will destroy me
Dec 8, 2023
This haunts me. Every time I think to myself, "wow this cant get worse", it always does. We are living in a hell hole and it seems like it is not going to get better. What is the point of working so hard if nothing is going to come from it.....

• Aww..
Reactions: Sleeper System and hellispink
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
We are just slaves for this system. We have been awakened. Most people are still sleeping, it will be too late when they wake up. In this society only those capable of the most evil selfish things get the best things. Us the normal mortal beings we are the slaves them (the elite) steps on to get what they want need and wish for. We are PUPPETS most people are awake yet. The more awake you are the most depressed desperate you get , its agonizing all of this.

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame