Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
I don't want to think about sad shit.

glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
Honestly, if I were to choose to CTB that way, I'd want to think of nothing. I've decided to die and therefore have already thought about all I want to think about in this life.

• Hugs
Reactions: giles corey, aedric_artifact, WitheringAway and 9 others
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
Honestly, if I were to choose to CTB that way, I'd want to think of nothing. I've decided to die and therefore have already thought about all I want to think about in this life.
Good answer. I forget that I hate thinking and death would relieve me of that. How would you go about thinking of nothing?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
Good answer. I forget that I hate thinking and death would relieve me of that. How would you go about thinking of nothing?
I have a very overactive mind and therefore have spent some time learning how to clear it. If you can train your brain into focusing solely on physical sensations instead of mental, you can eventually learn how to have as empty of a head as possible. This may be difficult when jumping however, particularly if that SI kicks in. Probably one of the reasons I wouldn't choose this method.

Reactions: Claudia, mx5nb3, Soulless_Angel and 2 others
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I have a very overactive mind and therefore have spent some time learning how to clear it. If you can train your brain into focusing solely on physical sensations instead of mental, you can eventually learn how to have as empty of a head as possible. This may be difficult when jumping however, particularly if that SI kicks in. Probably one of the reasons I wouldn't choose this method.
Is that a kind of meditation?

If you jumped, you could focus on the air hitting your body or the ground below or the sky if you fall backward or at the people on the bridge looking down at you in horror lol

itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
I am not a fan of heights anymore, and my SI would definitely kick in first foot on the bridge, BUT if I were wired to CBT that way, I wonder if it would feel like those nightmares where one is falling or skydiving ....I don't care for that uncomfortable thrill in my stomach!.. Maybe in my youth I did crap like that when I was in the impulsivity and recklessness of my Mental Illnes. I did sky dive tandum ONCE with a friend in the military when I was 21. But I vowed NEVER to do that again- I vowed the minute I left the plane, mid air I vowed it again, closed my eyes in terror the entire way down, might have cussed my friend out, the landing was horrific, I vowed never again, and then I vomited on the airfield shortly after the landing..... it was rather humbling and humiliating at the same time...I shouldn't say never, but let's say I have zero intention to do any thing of the type again..my method is SN..

• Hugs
Reactions: Hear My Bus a Comin, all_pointless and Deleted member 17331
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I am not a fan of heights anymore, and my SI would definitely kick in first foot on the bridge, BUT if I were wired to CBT that way, I wonder if it would feel like those nightmares where one is falling or skydiving ....I don't care for that uncomfortable thrill in my stomach!.. Maybe in my youth I did crap like that when I was in the impulsivity and recklessness of my Mental Illnes. I did sky dive tandum ONCE with a friend in the military when I was 21. But I vowed NEVER to do that again- I vowed the minute I left the plane, mid air I vowed it again, closed my eyes in terror the entire way down, might have cussed my friend out, the landing was horrific, I vowed never again, and then I vomited on the airfield shortly after the landing..... it was rather humbling and humiliating at the same time...I shouldn't say never, but let's say I have zero intention to do any thing of the type again..my method is SN..
Yeah it terrifies me. SN has too many rules though. Take this med and dose at this time, measure correctly, etc.

Reactions: Kassender, itsamadworld and AnxietyAttack44
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
Is that a kind of meditation?

If you jumped, you could focus on the air hitting your body or the ground below or the sky if you fall backward or at the people on the bridge looking down at you in horror lol
Yup! I personally do body scan meditation. It doesn't do shit at first, but eventually those neural pathways develop and you get better at it. That's a good point about focusing on the physical sensations while jumping; I just fear that you may be too panicked to do that if the SI is involved.

Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
Yup! I personally do body scan meditation. It doesn't do shit at first, but eventually those neural pathways develop and you get better at it. That's a good point about focusing on the physical sensations while jumping; I just fear that you may be too panicked to do that if the SI is involved.
Yeah the panic is scary. I think i'd blackout. My anxiety is already so high all the time that jumping might shatter my mind before I land.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
"I believe I can flyyyUAH"

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Hear My Bus a Comin, Good4Nothing and 3 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I'd imagine my thoughts would be racing as I'm falling that I wouldn't be able to make out a clear thought

Reactions: sweetness, mx5nb3 and Close_to_freedom
Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
probably just extreme terror. thems the breaks

Reactions: scubaguy, Hear My Bus a Comin and Close_to_freedom
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I think i would be overwhelmed by the fact that im falling to my death and would start repeating to myself that no pain lasts forever, over and over again untill fall. Or just start praying. Maybe even count. When i tried hangings before i would just count to see how far i go untill blackout.
I wish i had some high jumping spots avaliable tho. Cant go back once you make that step..

Reactions: tryingtoescape, Claudia and Close_to_freedom
Mosulonfire

Mosulonfire

Jun 24, 2020
You would not think of anything. You would be struck by the lack of gravity, and being unused to this feeling, you will spend the whole brief flight just feeling amused by the fall. Same when flying a super small plane and constantly getting into the air holes. Gives you that rush and you loose control over the thoughts

Reactions: Close_to_freedom, GravityUtilizer, KLUF and 2 others
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
In those brief few seconds I would want to think about something positive - a happy memory or a favourite song lyric

Reactions: sweetness and Close_to_freedom
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
"Oh shit."
Because WTF I never felt this before.

Reactions: Milkshaker12, Close_to_freedom, Mr2005 and 1 other person
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
You would not think of anything. You would be struck by the lack of gravity, and being unused to this feeling, you will spend the whole brief flight just feeling amused by the fall. Same when flying a super small plane and constantly getting into the air holes. Gives you that rush and you loose control over the thoughts
I like that. I hope that it would really be like that.

Reactions: Close_to_freedom and GravityUtilizer
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I wonder if I locked the door before I left

Without any drug assistance, I think you wouldn't know what to think... feel like the thoughts would be racing and before you realize how fast you're falling by distance from ground... bam.

Reactions: wonderworld and Close_to_freedom
IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
You wouldn't have time to think. Falling is rush and ends quickly. It's not like sky diving, that's a different type of falling.

Reactions: Lara Francis
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
You wouldn't have time to think. Falling is rush and ends quickly. It's not like sky diving, that's a different type of falling.
How is it a different kind of falling?
Even if you fall backwards?
I'd imagine my thoughts would be racing as I'm falling that I wouldn't be able to make out a clear thought
I can see that. Enormous mental pressure like a tornado.

Last edited:
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I can't imagine there being much time to think about anything.

I'd probably manage a 'oh shit I'm going to hit the ground, I hope it doesn't hurt' before I landed.

But how much can one think about in two or three seconds?

Reactions: Lara Francis, Morphosis and AnxietyAttack44
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I can't imagine there being much time to think about anything.

I'd probably manage a 'oh shit I'm going to hit the ground, I hope it doesn't hurt' before I landed.

But how much can one think about in two or three seconds?
My fall would be 10 seconds.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I would say ''I hope I black out''.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
probably the floor coming towards me ngl, pretty hard to ignore that shit

Reactions: Torbasco and SpottedPanda
IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
I was struck by a car a couple years ago, whilst riding my motorcycle. I was thrown from the bike and hit by another car. I had a nice head trauma. Felt no pain until I regained consciousness and after the shock. I would imagine from a 10sec fall you will not feel pain nor wake up. Have you or considered getting help. I did while I'm not cured per say I'm actively trying to live. It's just still tough

Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I was struck by a car a couple years ago, whilst riding my motorcycle. I was thrown from the bike and hit by another car. I had a nice head trauma. Felt no pain until I regained consciousness and after the shock. I would imagine from a 10sec fall you will not feel pain nor wake up. Have you or considered getting help. I did while I'm not cured per say I'm actively trying to live. It's just still tough
I've seen many doctors and therapists. Hasn't helped at all. Living on disability and having to rent a room sucks.

Your crash was also unexpected so it doesn't really relate to actively jumping from a bridge.
probably the floor coming towards me ngl, pretty hard to ignore that shit
What if you fall backwards?

IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
I've seen many doctors and therapists. Hasn't helped at all. Living on disability and having to rent a room sucks.

Your crash was also unexpected so it doesn't really relate to actively jumping from a bridge.

Definitely unexpected. I was trying more to use it to relating it to the pain aspect of it. Once the brain has trauma I believe the pain is non existent.
If you are wondering what falling is like give bungee jumping a try.
I've seen some really crappy therapists that are just prescription whores.

N

NotGonnaLast

Wizard
Mar 31, 2020
I'd be thinking how much I hate heights

Reactions: IWTD