T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Hi. I am thinking in this situation: if you got shot while being on street and bleed out. Someone wants to help you. He/she call emergencies. Would you let them help you and do that or you just do all possible to die right there and tell him/her no to do anything?

Reactions: dysfunctional
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
SI probably would kick in to ask for help although in the show true blood one of the main characters commitS suicide by having one of his ex military buddies shoot him when he Least expects it and I always thought that was kind of pleasant

Reactions: autumnal
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
Ideally, if I got shot, I'd die instantly (this is like my dream scenario -- to die quickly/painlessly and to have someone else do it for me). But if I didn't die right away, then I'd refuse any help.

Reactions: Mooshi, Anxietykillsme, Claudia and 1 other person
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I keep thinking of this, but in a heart attack scenario, and would I call for help, but when suffering in pain, I think it's incredibly difficult to think clearly, and not seek a life giving remedy.

Plus, it's unlikely the other person will listen, and not think it the ramblings of a temporarily insane person.

Reactions: autumnal, Saed and Soul
Starcitty

Starcitty

Cloud
Jan 6, 2020
I'd probably die right away. Also the bystander effect might kick in but that depends in where you're shot ( like what neighborhood or area.). I'd much prefer some else do the job than me though. The pain would probably make me wanna call for help.

Reactions: autumnal
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Unless you have a watertight DNR with you, and are lucky enough to be in a jurisdiction that takes DNRs seriously, the first responders will do what they're trained to do.

Reactions: autumnal and Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Plus, it's unlikely the other person will listen, and not think it the ramblings of a temporarily insane person.

Exactly. Do-gooders won't just back off and leave you to it. You'll probably end up with a psych eval at some point. Even though you're all shot up and that...

Reactions: SpottedPanda
TheRaul95

TheRaul95

Student
Apr 25, 2020
Yes, SI would kick in and would beg for help...

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
Exactly. Do-gooders won't just back off and leave you to it. You'll probably end up with a psych eval at some point. Even though you're all shot up and that...

I don't think that's the fault of the "do-gooders" though. That's a tough spot to be put in for a bystander who knows nothing about you and certainly that you want to die even before this happened to just do nothing and watch someone die.

Reactions: autumnal, Pisceslilith, Claudia and 1 other person
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Hi. I am thinking in this situation: if you got shot while being on street and bleed out. Someone wants to help you. He/she call emergencies. Would you let them help you and do that or you just do all possible to die right there and tell him/her no to do anything?
Where I live it wouldn't be up to me they would drag me to the hospital whether I like it or not lmao

Reactions: Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Where I live it wouldn't be up to me they would drag me to the hospital whether I like it or not lmao

They'd prolly scoop me up,bypass ICU,put me straight in the psych ward and diagnose the gunshot injury as a delusion. Lmao.

Reactions: eternalappraiser, Morphosis, autumnal and 2 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
They'd prolly scoop me up,bypass ICU,put me straight in the psych ward and diagnose the gunshot injury as a delusion. Lmao.
Lmaooo ded

• Love
Reactions: autumnal, _Minsk and Saed
selfhater

selfhater

Experienced
Mar 1, 2020
if it was torturing pain of course but if it was not that bad i would refuse the help

Reactions: Bzrluvtriangle
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I would prefer to die on the street than to get help but my SI would say otherwise.

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
I'd like to think I would find a place to hide and bleed out. It could be hard though, someone might insist on helping. Also it would depend if you thought the wound was bad enough to be fatal.

Claudia

Claudia

Student
Jun 21, 2020
I'd really like to die this way.. or a car crash. But if someone tried to help me, I couldn't tell them not to. It would be a bad thing for them to live with the rest of their life, knowing they left me to die.

Reactions: _Minsk and dysfunctional
Mooshi

Mooshi

Across space and across time, I will be there.
Jan 13, 2020
I wouldn't want help, I would just want to be left to finally die. But it's very unlikely someone trying to help would listen.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would consciously want to die as I would have seen it as my bus ticket to eternal peace. However, my SI would likely kick in and with so much pain and agony that I may not be able to voice my wanting to die, let alone stop someone from saving my life. :aw:

I figured if I wanted to go, and via a firearm, I'd make sure I would be knocked out immediately and die soon after rather than be grievously wounded, in a lot of physical pain, and not able to die. That is the difference between being shot and left to bleed out versus controlling the way I die, under my own terms.