Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I'd buy a really nice gun, blow my brains out, and leave the rest of my fortune to my wife.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
Krieger

Krieger

yeah
Apr 16, 2022
I'd probably put most of the money into savings or give it to family members. I don't know what I'd do with a million dollars... I don't buy expensive stuff much, there are some things I want but they total to like 30,000 USD. Or I could finally afford healthcare in America haha 😃👍

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Circles, Ringo and Mixo
T

thisorthat

Apr 5, 2022
Buy me a fast car and crash it like a boss

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Mixo
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Pay off debts, help out family, escape the country, and build myself a hermitage somewhere relatively safe and isolated.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Mixo
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I would buy a house by the beach. Then as time went on I would lay on it, drink my N and go to sleep while gazing out at the ocean.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mixo, Circles and Ringo
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I would build a house as I like, live my days peacefully, improve the life of my loved ones and periodically donate money to charity.

Of course, I would also gather the largest army of fumos and plushies that humanity has ever seen.

E8sSnFDVgAAGnY

• Hugs
Reactions: Mixo and Circles
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
Although my final decision to ctb won't change whether I have money or not, I may be tempted to extend it for a couple of months if I get that kind of money. I would go to a peaceful place somewhere where no one can traumatise me or bother me, probably close to nature or forest and spend some time there. Probably would try some good food or something
Also would buy a gun or N for peaceful death. And would donate the rest of the money to some particular organisations and then finally ctb.

Reactions: Mixo
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Money can't buy it, baby
Sex can't buy it, baby
Drugs can't buy it, baby
You can't buy it, baby

Now, hear this, pay attention to me
'Cause I'm a rich white girl and it's plain to see
I got every kind of thing that the money can buy
Let me tell you all about it, let me amplify:
I got diamonds, yeah, you heard about those?
I got so many that I can't close my safe
At night in the dark lying awake in a sick dream, sick dream

gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
move to croatia and buy some goats n live on my mountain in peace. build an enormous wall around my house to keep out drunk relatives

A

AnneRee

Dec 16, 2021
I really don't know. Maybe just take some vacations and go out the country for the first time. Then I would kept the money in the bank.
Hi - I love your profile title 'onlyanimalsaregood' - animals are pure beauty and innocence 💕is that your cat ? Best Wishes to you x

• Love
Reactions: Mixo and onlyanimalsaregood
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Leave it all to charity.

My reason to ctb is not money related, and no amount of money would change the situation.

Can't take the money with you when you go, so I'd leave it to charity.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Hi - I love your profile title 'onlyanimalsaregood' - animals are pure beauty and innocence 💕is that your cat ? Best Wishes to you x
Hi :) Thank you so much. I totally agree with you, animals are just amazing creatures. Yes 🤗 That's my cat in my profile picture and my best friend. Best wishes to you too and a good Easter :)

Reactions: AnneRee and Mixo
W

WhiteGown

Dec 21, 2021
A comfortable cabin in the woods and become a full time hermit

A

AnneRee

Dec 16, 2021
Hi :) Thank you so much. I totally agree with you, animals are just amazing creatures. Yes 🤗 That's my cat in my profile picture and my best friend. Best wishes to you too and a good Easter :)
Animals Truely are the best friends -Best wishes to you both too :)💕

• Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
The absolute #1 thing I would do first is hire an experienced financial advisor from a reputable firm. I would pay a lot of money for this. Many people irl win the lottery and end up more broke than they were before.

Then the next task is to create a plan. My first priority would be to clear all outstanding debt, no matter how minor. Then I would want at least 30% in long-term investments such as the S&P 500 and through companies such as Vanguard and Fundsmith. Another minimum of 10% would go to a pension. This would secure my future.

After that I would look at investment opportunities that had never been on the table before which would be riskier but more lucrative. Such as buying property overseas or sponsoring an ambitious project. This is where the advice would come in.

And then.. do what I want maybe? Throw all my stuff into storage and wander the planet a while. Work here and there for the hell of it. Doesn't feel like that part matters.

Reactions: Jojo81 and Mixo
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'd probably have some brand new houses constructed and live off the rental income. Take some nice Caribbean vacations. Buy a Range Rover. I'm pretty boring, but then I am sick.

Reactions: Mixo and Sleepdrifter
S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
I'd probably have some brand new houses constructed and live off the rental income. Take some nice Caribbean vacations. Buy a Range Rover. I'm pretty boring, but then I am sick.
My mind was leaning towards residential property development investment rather than having anything to do with their construction. Construction projects are hugely expensive and difficult to manage, so that would be a hassle. There are many opportunities for funding new luxury apartments for instance and the returns are great but the minimum investment expected can be 25k, 50k, 100k etc.... Basically you just throw money at a developer and hope they don't go broke before the houses are finished.

Reactions: Mixo and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
My mind was leaning towards residential property development investment rather than having anything to do with their construction. Construction projects are hugely expensive and difficult to manage, so that would be a hassle. There are many opportunities for funding new luxury apartments for instance and the returns are great but the minimum investment expected can be 25k, 50k, 100k etc.... Basically you just throw money at a developer and hope they don't go broke before the houses are finished.

That's pretty cool, I haven't looked into that. In my state there are new housing complexes going up all the time. They build these dime a dozen McMansion homes all over the place for $175-200k. Five of those at $1200 rent per month and you're pretty set. They come with free repairs/warranties on everything too.

S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
That's pretty cool, I haven't looked into that. In my state there are new housing complexes going up all the time. They build these dime a dozen McMansion homes all over the place for $175-200k. Five of those at $1200 rent per month and you're pretty set. They come with free repairs/warranties on everything too.
Yeah but being a landlord sounds like a headache. In my experience a lot of people go into landlording with the belief that it's a walk in the park, and all you do is sit around and collect checks. In reality there are all kinds of things that can go wrong, such as unruly tenants, maintenance complications, disputes with the locals, drugs, etc.... I've seen laymen try it without understanding it's a job, or even that houses can be subject to depreciation too. The prestige of home ownership might be attractive but it doesn't sound worth it unless you know who you are dealing with. Would rather put money in an investment company or property developer and let them sort it

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
A tiny house. I'd invest the rest

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
But then, like me, you could buy access to some crazy, top of their field doctors to help cure you. Like the same doctors that treated Bieber for his Lyme disease or fixed Hillary Clinton's blood clot in her brain (back when she had that). I have no proof but I like to believe there's an invisible upper echelon of doctors that only serve the wealthy and have treatments that are far more effective. Mr. Duck, you could be at the top of that said list if you were loaded!

The absolute #1 thing I would do first is hire an experienced financial advisor from a reputable firm. I would pay a lot of money for this. Many people irl win the lottery and end up more broke than they were before.

Then the next task is to create a plan. My first priority would be to clear all outstanding debt, no matter how minor. Then I would want at least 30% in long-term investments such as the S&P 500 and through companies such as Vanguard and Fundsmith. Another minimum of 10% would go to a pension. This would secure my future.

After that I would look at investment opportunities that had never been on the table before which would be riskier but more lucrative. Such as buying property overseas or sponsoring an ambitious project. This is where the advice would come in.

And then.. do what I want maybe? Throw all my stuff into storage and wander the planet a while. Work here and there for the hell of it. Doesn't feel like that part matters.
Financial advisor I absolutely agree. You are sensible, I like that. I also would hire a good attorney to protect me and to also learn about this hidden shadow world of overseas tax evasion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
Fix my roof.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
my own house far away from society/bigger cities

a butler who cooks and cleans for me & a personal trainer

all kinds of electronic devices

...that's pretty much it

I'd give some to environmental organizations and this forum

Reactions: newave3, Élégie and Mixo
sourokraandfish

sourokraandfish

Apr 3, 2022
It wouldn't make my desire to die go away.
I will give some to my friend to help with her college tuition, and I guess also some to my parents because they have spent so much on me.

Then use the rest to get the means for the fastest and most painless death as much as possible. Probably find a medical practitioner who is willing to euthanize me or get me the necessary drugs.

magicalsarcoma

magicalsarcoma

sending love to cats
Apr 4, 2022
Donate to this site ofc

Actually, i would provide my cats with a medical examination and, if necessary, some procedures. Would like to help my friends who don't have enough money for their wishes. Would like to travel around Iceland, then get more addicted to drugs than I'm now and die

X

xo777

are we almost there?
Apr 5, 2022
drugs and like the first commenter said peanut butter
it sounds good

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
As vain as this sounds start a journey to improve my appearance sans plastic surgery.