• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023

Reactions: sserafim and Defenestration
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
if you need help with jumping AFAIK you need at least 100m drop or something like that for guaranteed death. If you're not asking for help I don't understand point of this thread?

4everDone

4everDone

death is freedom
Feb 2, 2024
if you need help with jumping AFAIK you need at least 100m drop or something like that for guaranteed death. If you're not asking for help I don't understand point of this thread?
for real, like is the answer not obvious already? the height that will definitely kill me

• Yay!
Reactions: FutureHanger
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
for real, like is the answer not obvious already? the height that will definitely kill me
People choose freeway overpasses. Others choose skyscrapers. People don't often calculate height. They just jump and hope for the best.

Reactions: danzk and sserafim
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
my building's 10 stories. for some reason when it comes to jumping, ppl are v paranoid/fearmongery abt it, as if it's not 1 of the most simple & straightforward methods there are. i've seen vids of ppl die from 5 stories or less, but i'm personally not comfy w that. i also don't think i'd be able to get myself to jump if it was too high either, the fear & SI's already bad enough w/o being 20+ stories up. so 10 is the perfect height for me🧸have u selected a jumping spot yet??

Reactions: Ambivalent1
A

Alpercino

Jun 19, 2023
The istanbul bridges are 65 m high , how high are the chances to CTB?

Reactions: Defenestration
D

dementedpsycho

Feb 14, 2024
a bridge by my house is 330ft tall but it's over water, would this be high enough?

• Informative
Reactions: iwkmlol and schizochicken
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
The highest height possible to maximize chances of success.

Reactions: danzk, hail and CouldaHvBeenARock
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
my building's 10 stories. for some reason when it comes to jumping, ppl are v paranoid/fearmongery abt it, as if it's not 1 of the most simple & straightforward methods there are. i've seen vids of ppl die from 5 stories or less, but i'm personally not comfy w that. i also don't think i'd be able to get myself to jump if it was too high either, the fear & SI's already bad enough w/o being 20+ stories up. so 10 is the perfect height for me🧸have u selected a jumping spot yet??
Yeah. It's 500 ft. I wonder how long the fall is
a bridge by my house is 330ft tall but it's over water, would this be high enough?
There's guidelines for water vs. land. I don't remember what they are.

Reactions: sserafim
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Yeah. It's 500 ft. I wonder how long the fall is
for me, it'll only take about 1.2 secs to hit the ground from 10 stories, according to Google. however it only takes 500 milliseconds to form a thought. & i don't like that v much, lol.

Reactions: Tommen Baratheon

4g1vvvven

🔍 Looking for the nicest exit 🚪
Feb 14, 2023
There's guidelines for water vs. land. I don't remember what they are.

According to lost all hope

The most important factor in suicide by jumping is height. Stone2 states that jumping from 150 feet (46 metres) or higher on land, and 250 feet (76 metres) or more on water, is 95% to 98% fatal.
for me, it'll only take about 1.2 secs to hit the ground from 10 stories, according to Google. however it only takes 500 milliseconds to form a thought. & i don't like that v much, lol.
It would likely take over 5 seconds to fall 500ft, that's over 150m

Reactions: ScoreCard, sserafim and Tears in Rain
ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
if i could figure out somewhere actually high enough near me and not be watched like a hawk / have ten thousand railings and preventions, somewhere beautiful - out in nature or something. watching jumps feels oddly cathartic - it's the same splat as the likes of a gunshot. but the closest i've got to something like that is a bridge over this one road i usually pass each day and that's definitely no where near tall enough. it killed this one 70 year old man a week or so back, but he wasn't trying to ctb (he fell) and i imagine he probably died from a mix of shock and age. i'm rambling haha

Reactions: Kliofrey and sserafim
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Jumping is not my preferred method , but if i have to do it somewhere, im booking a flight to norway , nobody survive the preikestolen cliff. 100% death rate , accidental and suicidal , i looked into it.

Attachments

• 250px-Norway_Preikestolen.jpg
    250px-Norway_Preikestolen.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Kliofrey, Defenestration, Shrike and 4 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Got to be a height guaranteed to be fatal.

100m+ for me.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
There's a bridge in Remouchamps, it's known for suicides (le viaduc des suicidés). I think it's 100m at its highest point. They put bars over it to prevent people from jumping down, but I imagine taking a telescope ladder will easily solve this. I checked Google Maps and the bars don't seem that high.

The only thing about jumping: I've read reports about survivors who regret jumping halfway down. Maybe some sort of SI, but it keeps me from jumping. That, and the fact that there will be no open coffin for family/friends.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Gonnerr
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
3 thoughts for you. 3 wishes

Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
In my town i Can jump 60 meters....
But I would prefer 100 meters

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
There's a bridge in Remouchamps, it's known for suicides (le viaduc des suicidés). I think it's 100m at its highest point. They put bars over it to prevent people from jumping down, but I imagine taking a telescope ladder will easily solve this. I checked Google Maps and the bars don't seem that high.

The only thing about jumping: I've read reports about survivors who regret jumping halfway down. Maybe some sort of SI, but it keeps me from jumping. That, and the fact that there will be no open coffin for family/friends.
Yes ladder can get you through most barrier and you must dress with a safety vest and maybe construction worker gear and nobody will say anything. They will just think you are there to repair something.

The new barrier at golden gate bridge is a joke with a 20 feet ladder , you can land on the safety net safely and jump from there anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Ambivalent1
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
@Gonnerr

You may be wrong about that safety net. I think I saw it on Discovery Channel: you could seriously hurt yourself (or that's what they want you to think).

I found this in an article in The Guardian:

"It's stainless-steel wire rope netting, so it's like jumping into a cheese grater," Dennis Mulligan, the general manager of the bridge district, told the Associated Press. "It's not soft. It's not rubber. It doesn't stretch. We want folks to know that if you come here, it will hurt if you jump."

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim and Defenestration
deadwalkid

deadwalkid

Feb 16, 2024
I can get access to a few places higher than 30-story in my city.
I think 20th floor is more than enough, save me a second ? 😀

• Love
Reactions: danzk, sserafim and Defenestration
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Yes ladder can get you through most barrier and you must dress with a safety vest and maybe construction worker gear and nobody will say anything. They will just think you are there to repair something.

The new barrier at golden gate bridge is a joke with a 20 feet ladder , you can land on the safety net safely and jump from there anyway.
The safety net is made out of metal.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
After reading about this lady that miraculously survived a fall reaching terminal velocity. I think I would choose as high as possible and no shorter then 100 meters, and also land on concrete. Just to be sure, eXtra Extra sure. :D
Jumping is not my preferred method , but if i have to do it somewhere, im booking a flight to norway , nobody survive the preikestolen cliff. 100% death rate , accidental and suicidal , i looked into it.
Been there, and no, no survivers. Actually if I'm not completely wrong, i think this is around 600 meters straight down. Where you then eventually end up landing on sharp rocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommen Baratheon, Defenestration, sserafim and 1 other person
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Yes 600 meters , th
After reading about this lady that miraculously survived a fall reaching terminal velocity. I think I would choose as high as possible and no shorter then 100 meters, and also land on concrete. Just to be sure, eXtra Extra sure. :D

Been there, and no, no survivers. Actually if I'm not completely wrong, i think this is around 600 meters straight down. Where you then eventually end up landing on sharp rocks.

Yes its 3 times the height of golden gate bridge , you cannot survive that , the only bad things for us in north america , its a long flight and even in norway , its a remote place.

Reactions: Defenestration, Aim and sserafim
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Yes 600 meters , th

Yes its 3 times the height of golden gate bridge , you cannot survive that , the only bad things for us in north america , its a long flight

But isn't there like these kinda mountains in the states as well?

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tommen Baratheon, annointed_towers, sserafim and 1 other person
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Yikes 20 sec in the air, or 20 sec with pure terror.
Are you afraid of heights?

Reactions: Tommen Baratheon and sserafim
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
Yikes 20 sec in the air, or 20 sec with pure terror.
Are you afraid of heights?
I think it's less anxiety to jump 1km that 50/100 m...i think that when it's very hight the vertigo IS less...before jumping

Reactions: sserafim and Gonnerr
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I think it's less anxiety to jump 1km that 50/100 m...i think that when it's very hight the vertigo IS less...before jumping
I tried skydiveing once, and i think we jumped at around ca 4000 meters out in the air.

And honestly that was actually way less scary. Compared to being on top of a high rise building, looking down. It almost felt like l all the feelings/ scare over how high up it was, went away. Or got hard to grasp kinda.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Gonnerr and Defenestration
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
I tried skydiveing once, and i think we jumped at around ca 4000 meters out in the air.

And honestly that was actually way less scary. Compared to being on top of a high rise building, looking down. It almost felt like l all the feelings/ scare over how high up it was, went away. Or got hard to grasp kinda.
The fear of heights is one of the most common apprehensions when planning a parachute jump. This is an unfounded fear, because the skydiver, whether beginner or experienced, does not feel this sensation. Even if this discomfort of heights is familiar to you and if the edge of cliffs puts you off, you will not feel dizzy during your parachute jump. How can we explain this curious phenomenon? Sensory cues modified during a parachute jump It is important to dissociate vertigo and fear of falling. Vertigo is a warning signal which manifests itself by a modification of perceptions, with the distressing impression that the ground is moving. But, whatever the height, we only feel this unpleasant sensation if our feet are placed on the ground and if we maintain visual contact with it. As the sensory cues are modified by the altitude (3,000 to 4,000 m), the dizziness of a parachute jump does not exist. By losing our usual vertical references, the perception of height disappears. It's the same thing on a plane: have you ever felt dizzy looking out the window?

Reactions: Gonnerr and sserafim
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
The fear of heights is one of the most common apprehensions when planning a parachute jump. This is an unfounded fear, because the skydiver, whether beginner or experienced, does not feel this sensation. Even if this discomfort of heights is familiar to you and if the edge of cliffs puts you off, you will not feel dizzy during your parachute jump. How can we explain this curious phenomenon? Sensory cues modified during a parachute jump It is important to dissociate vertigo and fear of falling. Vertigo is a warning signal which manifests itself by a modification of perceptions, with the distressing impression that the ground is moving. But, whatever the height, we only feel this unpleasant sensation if our feet are placed on the ground and if we maintain visual contact with it. As the sensory cues are modified by the altitude (3,000 to 4,000 m), the dizziness of a parachute jump does not exist. By losing our usual vertical references, the perception of height disappears. It's the same thing on a plane: have you ever felt dizzy looking out the window?
💯💯

Reactions: Defenestration and sserafim