What button would you press?

• Instant painless death

• Go back in time/fix things

Results are only viewable after voting.
S

Sad Avocado

Those things I've never said
May 27, 2023
Let's suppose that you have two buttons in front of you. The first one ends you instantly, in a split second and painlessly and also makes everyone forget about you so that your death won't cause any harm to loved ones. The second one makes you able to go back in time in your life with the knowledge you have now about your life, or it makes you albe to instantly fix one problem. Personally I would choose the second because I would try everything before going and maybe having the knowledge of the mistakes I made will help me to not do them again, but that's a very personal choice. So what would you do if you had this opportunity?

Reactions: blackwidow, hevlalab, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
LeBroom

LeBroom

Professional smoothie~
May 24, 2023
Ohhh this is a tough one, because with some knowledge of the now contemporary future I certainly could avoid a ton of problems, but in the end it still depends on me to execute better or more optimized actions based on that information. Overall I think that I would take the first option though, because for me it really comes down to the fact that I believe that my character somehow is fundamentally flawed, and thus that it would come out to a really bad result no matter what. Also it minimizes the risk for all of my loved ones, the second one still comes with the possibility of me hurting them. Though, I guess I eliminate the chance of having any positive impact on them, but personally I'm fine with that.

Reactions: loopdaloop, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Sad Avocado
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I could help more people if I could back in time than if I just died on the spot. Can we keep both as options?

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, LeBroom and Sad Avocado
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Before, like couple weeks ago, i would have gone back.
Now, my personal life isn't the only problem anymore, it's the overall state of existence that's also making me suicidal.
Besides, i don't think i got it in me to change anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Sad Avocado
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i'd go with being nothing forever

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, myusername890, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
I don't regret my choices enough to give up painless, instant death lol

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Sad Avocado
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
If it could be fixed, great, but my problems mostly have their origin in early childhood where I had no agency.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: KillMeh, borderline-feline, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
TheSource

TheSource

From the Divine we came, to the Divine we return.
Sep 25, 2023
This is difficult for me. I'd want to go back and fix things for someone else, since they're still alive. And then still have a quick and painless death. But based on how life is going, I think the problem would just happen to them at a later time.

I'll have to choose the death.

• Hugs
B

b1264

Jun 13, 2023
My biggest regret in life is not getting an education, i feel my future is ruined because of it, i'd rather go back in time, but its a close call

• Hugs
  • Love
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
I could help more people if I could back in time than if I just died on the spot. Can we keep both as options?
well the whole point is to choose between these two, I think to make this harder I should have put really painful death vs going back but maybe ill do a repost

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
An instant and painless permanent exit from this existence would be so ideal. Of course I would choose the peace of non-existence over existing in this cruel and harmful world. Only an eternal dreamless sleep appeals to me, it's comforting the thought of being unable to suffer in this futile existence, there's nothing desirable about existing, I see it as always preferable to not exist regardless of the circumstances.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Suicidebydeath and 1 other person
natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
Tough choice, but I know that if I did get a chance to go back, I probably still wouldn't be brave enough to actually do most of the things I'd need to do to fix anything, so I voted death.

• Hugs
  • Love
Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa, Kyrie Eleison
Sep 22, 2023
Even with the knowledge I have, going back to where the problems all started wouldnt fix anything because it all would've been out of my control and power to fix. If anything, I would go back, take the painless death button with me, and press it then, so i wouldnt hurt the people that care about me now.

But since that's not an option... I'll have to just pick the painless death regardless. Find somewhere secluded to go where my body wouldnt be found.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
Tough choice, but I know that if I did get a chance to go back, I probably still wouldn't be brave enough to actually do most of the things I'd need to do to fix anything, so I voted death.
It's not because of you not being brave enough, it's just life that sometimes is so heavy and cruel that leaves you with no strenght to even try or fight anymore <3

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
You go back and fix whatever mistakes you did (that is if you did mistakes big enough to have to be changed) but then there will be new and different situations and who's to say you will not make new mistakes then!?

Or end it now because it's not really you, it's them, and no matter how much you try they will always push you in the corner.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, sserafim and Sad Avocado
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
You go back and fix whatever mistakes you did (that is if you did mistakes big enough to have to be changed) but then there will be new and different situations and who's to say you will not make new mistakes then!?

Or end it now because it's not really you, it's them, and no matter how much you try they will always push you in the corner.
You're right but for me just the chance to fix everything is worth the shot

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
C

cozse<3

Jun 26, 2023
Let's suppose that you have two buttons in front of you. The first one ends you instantly, in a split second and painlessly and also makes everyone forget about you so that your death won't cause any harm to loved ones. The second one makes you able to go back in time in your life with the knowledge you have now about your life, or it makes you albe to instantly fix one problem. Personally I would choose the second because I would try everything before going and maybe having the knowledge of the mistakes I made will help me to not do them again, but that's a very personal choice. So what would you do if you had this opportunity?
The first option for me

• Hugs
Reactions: Sad Avocado
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I would press the second button to get rid of my Asperger's/autism and adhd. I'd like to see what my life would've been like as a neurotypical.

I'd also like to re-live my life as well with knowledge of it already. I wouldn't make the same mistakes that I did. I wonder if my life would have turned out differently

Last edited:
  • Love
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Instant painless death in a heartbeat. I don't want to change anything. I just want to not exist anymore. Period.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and Sad Avocado
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
I would press the second button to get rid of my Asperger's/autism and adhd. I'd like to see what my life would've been like as a neurotypical.

I'd also like to re-live my life as well with knowledge of it already. I wouldn't make the same mistakes that I did. I wonder if my life would have turned out differently
I would like too to live without all the mistakes I made in my life, I completly understand you

Reactions: sserafim
abcz

abcz

confused with life
Sep 19, 2023
Push the back in time button. If everything isn't solved, when you get back to this same point in life, push the death button.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sad Avocado, sserafim and hevlalab
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
That's cheating.

abcz

abcz

confused with life
Sep 19, 2023
That's cheating.
Not completely. One would go back in time to fix past mistakes. When you choose that button, it becomes the past. So if it doesn't work out, it becomes a mistake. Hence when you get back to the present, you can choose to undo your mistake and have a painless death.

Also yes for context on my thing, I'd go back to like pre-third grade probably because I was happiest before we moved after 3rd grade. I also feel part of my mind is stuck in January of 2021 due to being sent away and having no technology access so I also feel like I am behind the times of many things now and missed out on everything.

• Wow
Reactions: Sad Avocado and Old Friend
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
It's like using one of your three wishes to wish for more wishes.

hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
Absolutely go back and fix that one mistake I made. I don't really want to die, i still want to live my life to the fullest and reach milestones with my friends. Get my degree, travel, marry, buy a house, have children, have grandchildren. But I can't because of my stubbornness and how I've permanently convinced myself that I ruined my life and future. Would do anything to hit rewind and fix things but that's not possible. The only realistic option for me is death.

abcz

abcz

confused with life
Sep 19, 2023
It's like using one of your three wishes to wish for more wishes.
Perhaps. Yet at the same time, there are others who'd hate to ever go back. And also who never wanted to wish for more wishes? Sometimes it honestly seems stupid that they didn't think of that with the genie.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I would like too to live without all the mistakes I made in my life, I completly understand you
My greatest wish is to not have autism/Asperger's though. I wish I were born neurotypical and without these issues. I think Asperger's/autism and adhd have actively limited my potential, and they're a big reason as to why I'm suicidal. I'm never going to reach my full potential because of these issues that I was unfortunately dealt.

• Love
Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
There's no fixing me, I've tried so much to know. I just want to be done with life.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and Sad Avocado
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
Even if I went back in time, I would end up this miserable. Too many things in my past turned me into this shitty human. I can't imagine changing them all. And even if I somehow did and had a happy life, I would still rather get death over with quickly and painlessly than face loss, disease, etc.

• Aww..
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Being autistic I was screwed since before conception. But I wish I would like to have the chance to avoid some of my worst traumas.

• Love
Reactions: Sad Avocado, sserafim and passivethought121