N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think the vast majority (if more than one person answers this thread) will say a biography about a horrible and nightmarish life.
I can relate to that. When I was extremely depressed I wrote some short-stories but they were fictional. With some parallels to my own life. My friends said they were full of misery and dread. But literary good. I also got some compliments for my texts here in this forum despite English is not my native language. But never wrote a fictional story. I also find them kind of embarrassing this is why I would not post them here. I am not good enough for that. And I am currently not in the mood for writing fictional texts.

I think I read not enough literature in order to get really good in writing. I mostly listen to audio books or I use apps which read newspaper articles out loud. I enjoy that a lot. I ruminate to much when I am reading. Though I love DFW's stories. I can relate so much.

I think noone would like to read a book about my life. People like stories with happy end which give them a good feeling. Maybe I would advocate for assisted suicide in the book. This would give me a good feeling to contribute to the right to die movement. But I would be scared to damage the movement if my book or story had too many thinking fallacies. I had psychosis and many people might claim exactly people like me should not get assisted suicide.

Maybe I would write a book either about politics or philosophy. But I am not an expert in any topic. I think I don't know enough to contribute something interestingly.

Then maybe a book about mentall illness psychosis and bipolar. I could imagine that I have some thoughtful insights. Many doctors said that to me. They said to me I am very self-aware, thoughful and articulate. Maybe this would be the best chance to sell some copies if it really was good. But I would also have to do more research about my illness. I did that in the past but I forgot some concepts. Though I think those books can get a bestseller if it is kind of a self-help book. And honestly I am not in the position to give someone tips in a book. Moreover I dislike many self-help gurus I had to be a fraud and pretend my life was fine Just as Jordan Peterson does. Lol.

I think I will never write a book. My main incentive was money. And I would probaby get none. More likely I had to invest money. I would be scared the publishers would laugh me out of the room when I sent them my first notes. I sometimes read that some newbies sold a lot of copies but I think the likelihood is very very low. It is like playing the lottery.

What are your thoughts about it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Green Destiny, katagiri83 and VKVK
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I have tons of stories I stop and start. I have one main fiction one I was doing well with but recent months got too depressed to write.

• Hugs
Reactions: akana, VKVK and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I would like to write a novel, preferably scifi. If I were smarter and more educated, I'd be a physicist and write about quantum physics. I'd be interested in testing Lee Smolin's ideas about determinism and causation.
I have tons of stories I stop and start. I have one main fiction one I was doing well with but recent months got too depressed to write.
Same here. I only have two completed. Both were very short stories with minimal plot. The struggle is real.

Reactions: Sakura94
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I'd write a book on mental health considering that many health professionals have recommended me to do so.

hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Probably science fiction mixed with existentialism.

It would be really surreal.

Reactions: katagiri83 and Sakura94
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I'd write a book on mental health considering that many health professionals have recommended me to do so.
What have they said exactly? That you have been through a lot and can give good tips and tricks?

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
It can be useful for people that don't suffer from severe conditions in my opinion. Not everything works for everyone, what works for you might not work for someone else. The stuff I've struggled with is severe and heavy, I've found ways to cope with it all myself and to solve 90% of my issues, but I do not find any happiness in this world regardless. No amount of money, workload, great achievements, items, friends, etc, will ever make me happy. I believe all my knowledge about people, this world, philosophy, psychology and so on is a burden on me and is making me extremely unhappy. I wish I could shut my brain off or just stop thinking and stop analysing everything and everyone for a few hours, just to fully relax and experience what being in a bubble would be like.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that I'm quite bad at writing and I could never have the attention span to be able to write a whole book. There's not really much that interests me as well, but I would probably write one about why life is so horrifying and all the things that are wrong with existence. I think for that there is so much that I could write about as there are an unlimited amount of reasons as to why life is not worth living.

• Aww..
Reactions: katagiri83, Un- and Sakura94
Ceterum

Ceterum

Aug 10, 2022
I'd title it "Nowhereland - where dreams become ashes"

Reactions: Green Destiny
PeacefulDreams

PeacefulDreams

Going down hill again.
Aug 16, 2022
When I had more motivation, I used to write short stories and poetry and share them with other people. Most of them either fell into the horror or melancholy category.

DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
I think it would be some sort of manifesto. About this horrible world and it's workings. All the suffering it creates for absolutely no reason at all. This cycle of suffering arisen from the chaos of the universe, throwing one sentient soul after the other into this hell. Always desperately trying to outrun suffering, but never succeeding, at least for extended periods of time, since it is the natural condition. Life needs suffering to exist, and that absolutely disgusts me.
And maybe some observations/comments on human society as well and the things that disgust me about that.
I guess in the end it would be a very long and philosophical suicide note.

The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nyiach des uti nesi deh ahy.
Nov 3, 2018
I actually have written a book. Two in fact. One was in the story style of The Outsiders. The other was about a group of devil worshipers. I've also written several short stories, and a hell of a lot of unconventional poetry. I'm not published as it's just a hobby, but I have written quite a bit. One continuous theme is that someone dies in every story I write. Sometimes suicide, sometimes murder. But either way, someone ends up dead.

Reactions: Celerity and MountainMonkey
MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
I actually have written a book. Two in fact. One was in the story style of The Outsiders. The other was about a group of devil worshipers. I've also written several short stories, and a hell of a lot of unconventional poetry. I'm not published as it's just a hobby, but I have written quite a bit. One continuous theme is that someone dies in every story I write. Sometimes suicide, sometimes murder. But either way, someone ends up dead.
Are your books/stories available online?

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Well, damn, your avatar does you justice then! ;-)

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I spend a lot of time reading Fanfiction and if I was a decent enough writer would probably write my own. When it comes to writing my own book I think i'd go for something similar to Stephen King's books like "It" or "The Stand".

Reactions: Celerity
want2dienow

want2dienow

Atari hazure?
Jul 24, 2022
A sequel. Because I had already finished the main campaign a long ago I started almost immediately afterwards on the novella.
It is not finished

StruggleWithin

StruggleWithin

Gnothi Seauton
Aug 8, 2022
Correctly stated, I would write an autobiography. Not to tell my "horrible and nightmarish life," but to give my perspective of it. For so much of my life I have not shared my thoughts, feelings, opinions, values, philosophies…anything really. For fear of being rejected, shamed, or just thought poorly of. I used to think that I should write a book so that someone could finally know me, all of me. But I will never write that book. In the end, everything fades away or is forgotten. So it would only be written for myself really, and I honestly want to be forgotten.