• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe this discussion is not very sophisticated but maybe a funny debate to gossip.
I live in Germany I think due to the fact noone knows German celebs I will refer my answer to the US.

So the US already had some celebs as presidents. For example Reagan (he was an actor wasn't he?) and Trump. Personally I am not convinced of their legacy. One could also argue that Obama was celebrated similar to a popstar and the enthusiasm backfired. He was a disappointment. But is not really a celeb.

There are many issues with celebs as president. Because often they only portray a certain image of them. And their persona is only an act and not necessarily representative for their real character. It can end up cultish.

At the same time one could say that Zelensky has proven to be brave and that knowledge and experience are not necessarily a presupposition for a good leader. Personality traits might be more important than experience.
But the thing is way more intricate. And conservatives might have the oppsosite evaluation of Trump and Zelensky.

I watched some videos of John Stewart. And I have to say he seems to be witty. articulate and convincing. He calls out bullshit and corporate greed. I think he has a show on Apple. During a conversation with a politician he called out the corruption of that politician and corporate greed. The politician said something like though if this is your line of argumentation then Apple TV would also be a greedy company. And Steward replied yes they are greedy and filthy. I loved the face of that politician when he said that.

However I only know a few videos of Stewart. I would be interested to hear takes of Americans on John Stewart. You probably know way more than me of him.
The other comedians/ hosts would be horrible Colbert, John Oliver, Trevor Noah, Bill Maher. They only talk shit. Fucking Oprah hell no.

In Germany I would think of some intellectuals as chancellor.
Though politics is a dirty business and I think they might not have what it takes. You need way more than intelligence to govern a country.

Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
At the same time one could say that Zelensky has proven to be brave
How is he brave? He's hiding in a bunker most of the time while allowing young lives to perish by the millionns -- that's how high the death toll will be at the end of the war -- all because he's too stubborn to even consider making any concessions to Putin, which will sooner ot later become unavoidable anyhow.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
How is he brave? He's hiding in a bunker most of the time while allowing young lives to perish by the millionns -- that's how high the death toll will be at the end of the war -- all because he's too stubborn to even consider making any concessions to Putin, which will sooner ot later become unavoidable anyhow.
Zelensky stayed in Kiev while all Western analysts predicted the Russian army will beat Ukraine within days in 2022. Putin already sent assassins to kill him. Though due to the knowledge of US intelligence agencies it could be prevented.

Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
Zelensky stayed in Kiev while all Western analysts predicted the Russian army will beat Ukraine within days in 2022. Putin already sent assassins to kill him. Though due to the knowledge of US intelligence agencies it could be prevented.
Fair enough, he's brave, but still a clown.

K

kevinj430

Sep 9, 2023
Kanye all the way, lol just kidding.

Morgan Freeman

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
Michael Richards. The end.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Maybe this discussion is not very sophisticated but maybe a funny debate to gossip.
I live in Germany I think due to the fact noone knows German celebs I will refer my answer to the US.

So the US already had some celebs as presidents. For example Reagan (he was an actor wasn't he?) and Trump. Personally I am not convinced of their legacy. One could also argue that Obama was celebrated similar to a popstar and the enthusiasm backfired. He was a disappointment. But is not really a celeb.

There are many issues with celebs as president. Because often they only portray a certain image of them. And their persona is only an act and not necessarily representative for their real character. It can end up cultish.

At the same time one could say that Zelensky has proven to be brave and that knowledge and experience are not necessarily a presupposition for a good leader. Personality traits might be more important than experience.
But the thing is way more intricate. And conservatives might have the oppsosite evaluation of Trump and Zelensky.

I watched some videos of John Stewart. And I have to say he seems to be witty. articulate and convincing. He calls out bullshit and corporate greed. I think he has a show on Apple. During a conversation with a politician he called out the corruption of that politician and corporate greed. The politician said something like though if this is your line of argumentation then Apple TV would also be a greedy company. And Steward replied yes they are greedy and filthy. I loved the face of that politician when he said that.

However I only know a few videos of Stewart. I would be interested to hear takes of Americans on John Stewart. You probably know way more than me of him.
The other comedians/ hosts would be horrible Colbert, John Oliver, Trevor Noah, Bill Maher. They only talk shit. Fucking Oprah hell no.

In Germany I would think of some intellectuals as chancellor.
Though politics is a dirty business and I think they might not have what it takes. You need way more than intelligence to govern a country.
Yeah, it's the cult of personality, right?

Reactions: noname223