paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
For me, it's complicated.

On one hand, yes. If I have enough money so I can do whatever I want, pursuing a hobby or a career in something that is interesting to me and I could also share my wealth with the less fortunate, I think that would make my life a lost more survivable and even enjoyable.

However, I'm already damaged by life and I'm not sure if I can recover from the damages caused by life. I will forever feel anger and sadness on lost years, and also, we live in a society. Even if throw money at everyone, someone still eeds to clean toilerts, and caregive the elderly or very wild children. So throwing money at my society doesn't mean no responsibilities for anyone.

What I really need is to live in a different universe where current universe's rules don't apply and there are different rules that are more in favor of its inhabitants.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, AAE, wren-briar and 3 others
aipuweth

aipuweth

a loser to and fro
Aug 17, 2024
No. Death is better. Death is perfect.

• Love
Reactions: Joarga, wren-briar, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
Rich people live such a different life so I honestly don't know. My guess is yeah I'd want to live for at least a bit longer to have fun spending money.

• Yay!
Reactions: ilk, wren-briar and browtflol
ayla

ayla

♡ · 18
Jun 30, 2024
i come from a well off family, generational, at that.. a lot of people tell me i have no reason to be the way i am because i can have almost anything. there was a time where i felt disgusting and ungrateful for even thinking of ctb, i thought to myself "many people would love to switch lives with me" but really just for the $$ aspect and not my trauma.

money definitely helps ofc but wont fix years of my life. i havent seen my mother whos a lawyer in almost a year due to her just snapping and losing her mind, every "friend" of hers completely left her behind. rich or poor trauma will always be there

• Love
Reactions: Joarga, AAE, divinemistress36 and 3 others
D

dreamfyre

Oct 3, 2024
it would certainly solve a lot of my problems so probably yes. but even rich people depressed so idk

Reactions: wren-briar
aipuweth

aipuweth

a loser to and fro
Aug 17, 2024
Is there a special reason?
I don't think there's any reason to keep me alive. Money, pleasure, lust, love, success. I don't know. Life just completely sounds boring, death sounds way more peaceful.

• Love
Reactions: Joarga, divinemistress36, Saponification and 3 others
cohomology

cohomology

Oct 5, 2024
I don't really care about money, so no.

• Love
Reactions: Joarga, wren-briar and Houraisan_Kaguya
misatosdiary

misatosdiary

everything and nothing at once
Jun 28, 2024
I'd probably spend a lot of money very fast, being the happiest I've ever been, just to get this huge drop a month later and end up ctb'ing

Reactions: ayla and cohomology
cohomology

cohomology

Oct 5, 2024
I'd probably spend a lot of money very fast, being the happiest I've ever been, just to get this huge drop a month later and end up ctb'ing
Same. I'm familiar enough with the hedonic treadmill to know how it goes.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar and misatosdiary
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Money wouldn't fix my health problems. I'd probably just move to a nicer house while I awaited my eventual suicide. In a way I may end up even more depressed, all the money in the world and no energy to really do anything with fun with it.

• Love
Reactions: suffering_mo_7 and wren-briar
misatosdiary

misatosdiary

everything and nothing at once
Jun 28, 2024
Same. I'm familiar enough with the hedonic treadmill to know how it goes.
After all you realise all the money and the happiness was for nothing because you cannot escape the sadness, haha.

• Love
C

chester

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
The eternal question whether money can make you happy. From my experience, lack of money can indeed stand in the way of happiness, but money itself won't make you happy. I genuinely miss the time when I was struggling financially, life was so simple back then. All I needed was money. Now I make much more than I spend, I've managed to save up quite a lot, if I get fired tomorrow I don't have to worry for another 9 months. And I'm the most miserable I've ever been. No amount of money will bring back someone you love from the dead. I'd rather be homeless for the rest of my life if that could make her live.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36, wren-briar and browtflol
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
2 million dollars is all I need. I live within my means and never found joy in buying stuff or travelling. In any case I wouldn't cancel my plans to ctb. Instead of wanting to do it asap I'd just postpone it to after I turned 50.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar, paredler and losingsteam3141
vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
i think it would help me a lot. people say "money won't make you happy" and while that's true to an extent, i think that doesn't really apply if you're the type of person who is struggling to make it on your own two feet.
in my case, i can't even afford to rent a single room apartment by myself, i don't have enough money for food, i can't afford the type of therapy i need for my OCD and even recently lost my therapist because of financial reasons.
a lot of the motivators for me to CTB come from financial reasons, although not all. feeling like a useless burden due to being unable to work due to disability, being trapped in a household with a family that resents me for being ill, struggling to try to be independent and get away from this family... my family tends to think that bc they support me financially bc i'm ill, they can treat me poorly and say cruel things to me. i'm worthless to them.
if i had enough money to be stable, to give myself some time, to be able to afford things i need... i'm not sure if it would make me not want to die anymore, but i think that it would drastically change my life so much that i would have to seriously reconsider. personally yes, i do think i could find a way to recover from my suicidality. but this desire has been with me for over half my life now, so who am i to know how i'd really feel?

• Hugs
Reactions: sadbabyyata, wren-briar and cicatrezESP
L

losingsteam3141

Grad Student USA
Aug 30, 2024
Easily. Every aspect of my life is in shambles. I have a good relationship with my supportive parents, but that is literally it. However, my financial situation overshadows all my other problems as my potential career is in jeopardy and seems to be the only way to pay off hundreds of thousands of dollars in student debt.

As long as I have my student debt paid for and an additional around 2-2.5 million so that I can live off investment gains, that would alleviate a lot of my problems in life. I could then focus on the other aspects of my life. Its funny that my social issues seemed like such a big deal when I was younger, but now seem rather trivial compared to my situation now. I would do anything to have my intended career.

• Hugs
Major Tom

Major Tom

Feb 24, 2024
I mean money can bring you allot of opportunities, like being able to construct the perfect suicide. So even if you are still suicidal, you have the time and resources to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: vampire2002, divinemistress36 and wren-briar
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
at this point, even if I have lots of money AND health (my illness is the only reason for ctb), I'd still consider life boring...

• Love
Ramsay Fiction

Ramsay Fiction

Soulburner
Aug 15, 2024
Ultimately no, but the ride before getting there would certainly be a lot different

• Love
cicatrezESP

cicatrezESP

in the time of the sixth sun
Oct 6, 2024
i honestly do believe money would solve many of my problems, and also help/relieve a lot of other problems i have. the way my life is, there is a ton of things that money could solve. i could also afford the best treatment for my illness, and would eventually be able to pursue the things that i enjoy the most so i can do my best to work towards being happy and the best version of myself.

however, i have been suicidal my entire life, that feeling has never gone away. so i don't think it would ever get rid of that feeling, but i think it could probably postpone or prevent it from happening much more.
my life situation is very dire and i am in severe need of help and i know money could solve a lot of the immediate problems and i'd try to work hard at healing my mental health if i did have the money. i'd like to be happy. there's a lot of things you can do with money... and with that much money i can think of so many things that would improve things and/or make me very happy. (for example, i love animals a lot, so i'd go to see animals often to improve my mood)

i struggle to afford the bare minimum in life, so to imagine those nearly endless possibilities i can think of so much that would improve my life given i had that money. it's of course easy to imagine, and would never happen unfortunately. it could very much drastically reduce the feelings with lots of different efforts, but those feelings are likely to never go away no matter what sum of money i had. it wouldn't solve all of my problems but it would definitely definitely help a lot of things.
so i guess in summary, it would likely drastically reduce the feelings, but wouldn't make them go away entirely. but it sure would help a lot. i can't say it would prevent it but i can say it would help immensely.

Last edited:
  • Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Personally I just don't want to exist at all, I find existing very undesirable, to me existence itself just feels like a terrible mistake, I only hope for non-existence in my case, I just wish for death to take away all my suffering and I suffer simply from existing. I'd never wish to exist for potentially decades longer just to be tortured by old age with no limit as to how much agony I can feel, in fact the thought of such is horrific to me, non-existence is always preferable to me no matter what but more than anything I wish I never existed, I just want true peace from the cruelty and futility of existing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: wren-briar, ijustwishtodie and cicatrezESP
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
Material things wouldn't make me happy, but money would allow me to structure my life differently. I would do more things, and that would probably make me happier.

Hedonic treadmill is definitely a thing and life would not be perfect, but with billions you can be like "OK, I'm going to fund a play, I'm going to build a hospital in Zambia, I'm going to take all my friends on holiday…"

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar and cicatrezESP
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
I would buy the best fentanyl n just float away. and then start a fund to supply N lol

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, wren-briar, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Depends on how much freedom I have to spend it and how easily I can evade potential grifters or moochers. Also if I have all the billions of dollars and still can't get a girlfriend then I'll probably just CTB regardless. Maybe I'd dedicate the rest of my life to making CTB more accessible for people here before I go but if I can't do that then I'll just focus on making my own CTB easier.

• Love
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
No. I'd still prefer death under any circumstance. I'd just use the money to put together a hella nice inert gas setup, something like what GasMonkey had or even better. Then I'd donate the rest of the money to orgs and causes that I think are good.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36 and wren-briar
NegevChina

NegevChina

Sep 5, 2024
Money wont fix my health issues. It might help me ctb easier and more peacefully though like by getting a gun. Or preparing an exit bag or get an exit capsule from Switzerland or get a drug to help me overcome SI or hec get a guillotine replica or whatever. But it will make me happy to give my loved ones a fortune because they can use it and enjoy it.

• Love
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
If I could spend those billions on being constantly high on opioids then yes, I would no longer ctb unless the drugs destroy me much earlier and you consider that ctb

• Love
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller, divinemistress36 and wren-briar
H

hereornot

May 16, 2024
In my case, it's obvious that it's not. Much less than that would be enough to hire an excellent law firm, put the people who robbed me in jail and move on with my life.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I would still want to kill myself asap. More money would help me kill myself faster. for example i could buy large amount of land to suicide in private and then no one can interrupt me.

But the reality is no one is going to give you billions of dollars.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and wren-briar
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Mo money, money probemls

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36 and wren-briar