• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I'm reading this book by Thomas Joiner and this caught my interest. It shows that people don't care as much until you attempt to kys, at least my pessimistic interpretation says

IMG 0301

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Adûnâi, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 6 others
Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
Ah so that's what's I've been doing wrong my whole life, I've never properly attempted.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: conflagration, Adûnâi, penguinl0v3s and 6 others
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
The "it's not your time" near death experience is informative then. The person goes back and does something 20% more valuable.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Adûnâi, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've wondered this myself... Whether the reason some people (apparently) go on to be grateful they didn't succeed in their attempt is because maybe finally they were taken notice of and given the help they needed.

It's like that statistic I don't entirely believe... supposedly nine out of ten people who fail an attempt don't go on to die by suicide. (Supposedly.)

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: sserafim, Buñuelo, Adûnâi and 3 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
The "it's not your time" near death experience is informative then. The person goes back and does something 20% more valuable.
My friend has one and he's all about helping people now

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim, rozeske and Homo erectus
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
i mean im kinda sceptical. luckily i have insurance so that wasnt a problem but i think for americans an unsuccessful attempt can be financially very damaging, but for me it caused to not have an income for the time i was hospitalized which was a problem because bills still gotta get paid, and i had less social support than before tbh. it might just be my case tho.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, penguinl0v3s and Bianka
motob

motob

Oct 20, 2023
Honestly I get what they're saying. The most attentive treatment I got was when I was close to just CTB. When I could just tell I was sliding towards it, I could barely get the time of day. It made me consider drastic measures just to get anyone to pay attention to me medically.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: sserafim, Adûnâi, penguinl0v3s and 2 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
The thing is that each one of us is a separate human being, not a statistic :(

• Love
Reactions: Unsure and alone, sserafim, kawaiiphantom and 4 others
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
An unsuccessful attempt can be financially very damaging, but for me it caused to not have an income for the time i was hospitalized which was a problem because bills still gotta get paid, and i had less social support than before tbh. it might just be my case tho.
Definitely. I had a different but kinda same situation. Hospitalization messed up my studies, I should have a degree soon but now I still have years to go, therapy was hella expensive, meds cost money, I'm in the system now so if a company really wants to "look into me" before hireing I'm screwed... So increase in income is not something I ever saw or will

Reactions: sserafim, girlsboysthems, rozeske and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Only economically costly in terms of bills in fuckinf America.

It's difficult to find free medical care in America no matter what your mood.

The medical "care" that is forced on people isn't free. He just said in the prior paragraph that it was a reason why attempted suicide could be costly.

Reactions: druggedonsurvival, sserafim, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
In a way it does make sense about some people's failed attempts improving their perspective in life.

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus and divinemistress36
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I've wondered this myself... Whether the reason some people (apparently) go on to be grateful they didn't succeed in their attempt is because maybe finally they were taken notice of and given the help they needed.

It's like that statistic I don't entirely believe... supposedly nine out of ten people who fail an attempt don't go on to die by suicide. (Supposedly.)
My friend has one and he's all about helping people now
In a way it does make sense about some people's failed attempts improving their perspective in life.
A few pages later in the book, it talks about people who survive, if you're interested. It looks like their SI might give them a revelation? I've personally never had an NDE before, this is all just from reading the book. Anecdotally I know a person who regretted failing their attempt, so it definitely doesn't apply to everyone. IMG 0303
i mean im kinda sceptical. luckily i have insurance so that wasnt a problem but i think for americans an unsuccessful attempt can be financially very damaging, but for me it caused to not have an income for the time i was hospitalized which was a problem because bills still gotta get paid, and i had less social support than before tbh. it might just be my case tho.
I don't understand either, because I imagine healthcare bills are expensive. Maybe this applies to lower income individuals, which we disproportionately more prone to attempting suicide? I have not read the study, but I looked up the study mentioned and found this. The source does explicitly state that effects may vary widely by demographic such as age and credibility of attempt. "May"? Interesting word choice.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, Adûnâi, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 4 others
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
Reading the last paragraph made me chuckle. People will charge you an arm and a leg when you actively seek out help, but then force their assistance onto you once the consequences are at their metaphorical front door.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Adûnâi
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Iv had attempts and sometimes they do make you appreciate life more I guess.

The problem with this book is it implies recovery is always possible. Not all depression can be treated and therefore no amounts of CTB attempts will improve it.

Also depends how you define an attempt. Sitting after a bit of cutting or a few pills can hardly be considered a serious attempt.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, 4g1vvvven and Adûnâi
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I do not see how a failed attempt (if I attempted) would seriously increase my income or chances that my life could actually become better. I would not bet on such a statistic. It's better to have only one attempt and that one must be the first and final one.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, 4g1vvvven and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I do not see how a failed attempt (if I attempted) would seriously increase my income or chances that my life could actually become better.
In my case, it would work, but only like in those JAVs with horny nurses.

@OP I wonder what the sex distribution is there, the vast majority of unsuccessful suicides are made by females.

Attachments

• 7bjug0gvn4ma1_lightning_palm_suicide_map.png
    427.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
Maybe they need to find better job so they can pay medical bills lol

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, penguinl0v3s and Praestat_Mori
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I do not see how a failed attempt (if I attempted) would seriously increase my income or chances that my life could actually become better. I would not bet on such a statistic. It's better to have only one attempt and that one must be the first and final one.
Serious SI changes the way your brain thinks maybe? For the increased income it's probably offset by increased debt.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, sserafim, Adûnâi and 1 other person
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Serious SI changes the way your brain thinks maybe?
That would be an argument for the DMT therapy advanced by Joe Rogan. While I personally haven't even drunk coffee, the idea of experimenting with one's consciousness as a last resorts does make sense... too much sense for the normies, dark and uninquisitive.

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
While it may be 'cheaper', the fact that forced help against one's will is the alarming and disturbing part about it. If I wish to attempt, there is no way that I intend to fail, I want to ensure the best chance of success because I want to end my own suffering and avoid the decades of further sentience, and shitshow associated with life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, sserafim, penguinl0v3s and 2 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
That would be an argument for the DMT therapy advanced by Joe Rogan. While I personally haven't even drunk coffee, the idea of experimenting with one's consciousness as a last resorts does make sense... too much sense for the normies, dark and uninquisitive.
I believe psychiatry as a field itself sees DMT, ketamine, and psychedelics as a future treatment option. It's currently in trial phase.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I think there might be a bias that only those who attempt and turn their life around and then manage to live life more economically actually get surveyed and included into the data. I haven't really read the research in full or verified their methodology, but I just feel like those who attempt and just plan on trying again at a later time would not include themselves in the data; and I feel that in order to truly add data you'd need their permission to get their income, expenses, and all financials before and after the attempt. Though I could be wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: Homo erectus, dragonofenvy and sserafim
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
Could also be because they are permanently injured and entitled to disability or some other government funding.

• Informative
L

Lycan

Dec 2, 2022
I'm reading this book by Thomas Joiner and this caught my interest. It shows that people don't care as much until you attempt to kys, at least my pessimistic interpretation says

View attachment 128942
When I attempted back in 2018 they put me in a mental ward where I got verbally abused\ humiliated by a member of the staff. I came out of that shit hole worse than I went in. My attempt didn't make things easier or cheaper as far as I've noticed. Only worse.

Reactions: penguinl0v3s and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Wdym by "valuable"?

Oh wow
I can't remember what OP said, but I think I was referring to people who had attempted had 20% more income than people without an attempt.

Reactions: penguinl0v3s and sserafim