dra1ncoreslwt

dra1ncoreslwt

tove 𓆩♡𓆪
Mar 22, 2023
I think I would, if I decided I could trust someone that much maybe I'd talk about suicide and my perspective on it, as a person who once had planned to do it. But my respect to death would not change, and the belief of the right to die…

This is an individual question so let's be respectful to each other.

So, if you ever recovered and found peace in life, in the far future, do you think you'd ever open up about your suicide plans/past plans, to a mother, father, partner, friend or child even?

day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I've thought about this regularly and even before suicidal ideation and planning I had mentioned my distaste towards existence and life as whole anyways.

I don't think I'll really express to anyone outside of niche internet groups how much I want to die but I don't think I'd change my views on life being so meaningless.

I somewhat enjoy my pessimistic views on existence and don't think that's gonna change anytime soon.

• Love
Reactions: dra1ncoreslwt
Upvote 0
SpencerSees

SpencerSees

I used to be blind, but now i see
Feb 22, 2023
Oh this is a good one :D

When I was younger, I would constantly fantasize about someone finding out, one way or another, years after I originally planned to do it. They would finally understand all my pain, and respond with compassion.

But after several experiences with people confronting me about my mental health, there's no way in hell I would ever share it. People are cruel, and lack empathy most of the time. Even towards their closest friends.

I never wanted kids, but if somehow i'd end up with being responsible for one, and they struggle with their mental health, I might tell them. Just to create some kinda relatability or understanding. But I'd make it as clear as possible that it's behind me (even if it wasn't), 'cause i'd never burden a kid with the possibility of their caregiver taking his own life.

• Love
Upvote 0
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I'd always wonder about this, actually. I used to fantasize about some scenarios, still do, but I used to think about how I would open up about my plans after recovery. I feel as if after recovery, when I'm actually "healthy" in their eyes then they'd actually believe and understand all the agony I had to endure while struggling with these problems. People used to be nicer, when I was younger, I noticed that over the years.

Now, that I'm almost an adult, I think people grew to be less understanding as they grow in age. Furthermore, I feel as if they're less understanding and compassionate towards people like me as they grow in age. So, now after thinking about this, I conclude that I will probably never tell anyone, after learning more about how terrible and not understanding this world is I learned that I shouldn't tell anyone anything, my current struggles and my past struggles. Opening up about them will only end up in something terrible happening on my behalf, I'd avoid that at all costs.

As for younger people, I think the things I said in the previous paragraph wouldn't apply to them and if they're struggling with mental health, i'd tell them about my struggles and try my best to help them but I will always support them in whatever decision they make, whether its death or recovery. I wouldn't tell a very young kid about my struggles, though, only people old enough to understand or who have experienced enough problems to have the mental capacity or a high enough mental age to be able to understand and possibly relate to me.

• Love
Upvote 0