• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Every time I hear about when someone claims that x sucks or "this (insert country name) sucks" then people's knee-jerk response is "If you don't xyz (be it country/thing), then get out!". To me it seems like just a cop out or something. To me (might be my Aspie interpretation of the situation), it sounds like the person is literally telling the person saying "country sucks" or whatever to just leave, as if it is an easy thing.

To put it into context, when I get pissed and say things like "America sucks" or "xyz sucks" or whatever, I get people who respond by saying "If you don't like the country, then GET OUT!" or something along those lines. It seems like a knee-jerk reaction, but I guess if they really wanted me out, perhaps they should be willing to pay for the cost of renunciation of citizenship ($2350 USD as of recent figures). But no, because I suppose talk is cheap. To me, it seems like a response rather than an action, but I don't know. Maybe they expect people who don't like the US (whether founded or unfounded), to just leave on their own, including paying for renunciation, moving and starting a new life in another place around the world?

It just (logically) doesn't make sense to me that someone is saying that if you don't like it you should leave and even insist that you do so, yet would do jack shit to make it happen. Then I suppose if you counter-responded by saying well you don't have the means (money, ability, opportunity, etc.) to do so, they just laugh back at you or retort with some other stupid response... :meh:

What are your thoughts on this?

Disclaimer: I don't hate the US, nor it's citizens. I simply don't agree with some of it's politics and policies, including the laws that forbid voluntary euthanasia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1 and Beautifulletdown
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I'd gladly trade my US citizenship for a Swiss one if I could. The people here are very backwards.

Unfortunately, trading places wouldn't fix the lasting problems I have, a couple of which are specific to having been born here.

Reactions: TAW122, Baskol1 and Beautifulletdown
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Like most people who say "just do X" they are clueless. I am sure a lot of people would happily give up passports for other ones were it an option. It's hard in the best of times...impossible in many circumstances.

Reactions: TAW122, Wayfaerer and Baskol1