Keppy

Keppy

Aug 10, 2023
I have a few of very cherished and special years in my memory. 2010 will always be special. 2010 definitely.

I was only 7 years old. We moved to a not so great part of town, my mum was struggling to find a job and I joined a new school. I had the odds stacked against me. However, my school years there were honestly the best. My mum found a job at the school I attended so I got to see her everyday so I never really missed her. We got our first family pet, Ginger, who's still with us today! Me and my brother were awake every Saturday & Sunday morning at 7am to play on the Wii together. We'd play Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Bros...and then later my cousins would come with my aunty and uncle and they'd whisk us away to sleepover at their house. We'd play on the wii more, playing Mario Kart, Deal or No Deal, Monopoly. Then it was evening, we'd all cuddle on the sofa watching Take Me Out and Total Wipeout. Maybe I'm a Celeb if it was winter.

I loved school so much. I was always at the top of my class. I had a best friend - Kyron who was born the day before me and was a total nerd like me. We used to talk about the upcoming Mario games and YouTube videos we both enjoyed. And I had a friend Charlotte, who's brother Alex (who sadly CTB many years later) was my biggest crush at the time. I used to love sleeping at her house and playing on the trampoline with them, and going to waterparks with their family.

My mum and aunty would always take me, my brother and cousins to Theme Parks too. Lightwater valley, Flamingo Land, Alton Towers - it's where my addiction to rides started! Now I've followed it on as tradition to go to a theme park once a year with my bestfriend A.

And let's not even talk about the music at the time - UNREAL ! Lady Gaga and Pink - to this day still my favourite artists.

I just feel like 2010 is the year that shaped me. All the above - I still enjoy from when I was just a 7 year old girl. I still love Gaga and Pink, still adore Mario games on my wii. Still have a thrill going to waterparks and theme parks.

And Zoe!! She was the neighbour who lived opposite us. She was 40 something and had 2 girls aged 4 and 2: Beatrice and Matilda. They were the cutest little girls in the world - and Zoe was the most kindest, sweetest, funniest girl I've ever met. I always envied how perfect and happy their family was. I loved Matilda so much, if I ever do have children, I would name my daughter after her. Such a beautiful and cute name.

I sometimes wonder if I will ever reach happiness of the same level again. I'm hopeful, and I feel a maternal urge whenever I look back to mother myself and recreate such fun memories.

Bobbylobby

Bobbylobby

Tonight You Belong to Me
Aug 16, 2023
I would relive my childhood (from age 6 to age 10), while I was neglected by my mom and my dad left and there was almost never food in the house I still want to go back, I can't explain why but it's so much cozier than how I feel now

• Love
Reactions: Keppy
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Ages 18 to 24, but not for any fun reason. I'd go back with more discipline and try to set myself up for more substantial future success.

• Love
Reactions: Keppy