N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think erasing the abuse or bullying I endured would not undo the severe damage it has done to me.

I think I would erase this video of a woman that gets beheaded when I once watched gore. I think this video was way too much for me. I think it was a starting point for leaving watching gore. Which was very good. During my acute suicidal episodes I dreamed of that video very vividly. It was A LOT of pain.

Maybe I would have come up with a better memory to delete if I thought more about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, ForgottenAgain and derpyderpins
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
I think erasing the abuse or bullying I endured would not undo the severe damage it has done to me.

I think I would erase this video of a woman that gets beheaded when I once watched gore. I think this video was way too much for me. I think it was a starting point for leaving watching gore. Which was very good. During my acute suicidal episodes I dreamed of that video very vividly. It was A LOT of pain.

Maybe I would have come up with a better memory to delete if I thought more about it.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Tough question. Bad memories often come with lessons. Either you messed up, in which case you learn not to do that again, or someone else is bad to you and you learn not to be that way. A lot of things are coming to mind but they mostly have lessons.

There were two times in high school where I was embarrassed trying to approach girls. I don't even remember them that vividly now, but they shook my confidence for a long time. Potential butterfly effect if I get rid of one of them, though.

Maybe one of the memories of my mother screaming at me, but just one wouldn't do that much I guess.

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
It's such a hard question...

I would like to forget about the grief I went through but, I don't know because, currently, the only thing I remember it's their deaths. Those horrible memories overtook everything. If I forgot about my mother's death, I wonder if I would forget about her at all...

My mom was so important to me, it already pains me that I can't remember our good moments together. If I forget the day she died...I feel like I would be erasing her forever...

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There isn't anything that I would want to forget. I've already forgotten the bad things that happened to me during life and I only remember these events faintly if somebody were to coincidentally talk about something that happened exactly to what occurred to me

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm not sure. There's no single bad memory I could remove without being eventually reminded of it through various other memories.

I'd probably just try to delete all negative memories and see what happens afterwards.

lamargue

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
i guess at least one memory in which i was subject to cruelty in the past. i haven't grown from it at all, nor did i learn anything from back then that i didn't already know

J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023

šŸ˜¬

attheend13

attheend13

Oct 1, 2023

The memory of my father telling me what a burden I am and how embarrassed he is of me. It influences me to this day

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Whatever memory that had induced learned helplessness in me would be cool to erase, like forgetting some failures from the past that I can't move past or detach from them.

UnluckyBastard

UnluckyBastard

Jun 26, 2024
When my mom told me when I was 8 that she never wanted me. I was at the family Thanksgiving at the time and she said it to her sister in the other room. She tried to explain that she was quoting my dad but I didn't believe her then and I don't believe her now.

Ihatemylife6

Ihatemylife6

Iā€™m not living my life, Iā€™m just surviving
Nov 9, 2022
Trauma, things that make me sad