N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I would pretty clearly choose David Foster Wallace. My favorite author by far. I would have enjoyed many more stories of him. I would have been interested on books about child abuse, dating women (I need tips) or on religion.

Maybe DFW is not the best to get tips how to date women. There were some meetoo scandals concerning his person. But in his stories he often describes success with women. And I think he had a lot relationships and a lot of experience with it.

I am an atheist or maybe agnostic. But I would have been genuinely interested to learn more on religion of him. He seemed to be interested in it. In his work there are some references. I guess he did not want to be perceived as a missionary. Probably in contrast to people like Jordan Peterson. Maybe I would have disliked his texts if he wrote more about religion. It can get intrusive very fastly.

Who would you choose and on what?

If I could revive him and let him live in the current time. I also would have loved a book about Trump of him, about covid and the development of the internet/metaverse.

• Love
Reactions: FML_
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
I'd love another novel by Virginia Woolf.

I also wish we could read Nietzsche's thoughts about the modern world. He was prescient about so many things, but I'm sure he'd be surprised by other developments.

Reactions: Rapière
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Arthur Schopenhauer would have one thing or two to say after being fed the scientific knowledge and social state of affairs of today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapière
VirtualSnow

VirtualSnow

who knows
May 21, 2022
John, the guy from the bible, he wrote some crazy-ass stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: keitaro
K

keitaro

uwu
Jul 10, 2022
i would choose thomas szasz to write a new book promoting painless ctb access for everyone.

TheLastFemaphrodyke

TheLastFemaphrodyke

Student
May 25, 2022
Edgar Allan Poe, all the tragedies that have been my life

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
William Golding, author of Lord of the Flies. I think he would have a field day depicting bullying with social media.

Reactions: LastFlowers
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Clive Cussler is my top choice - he recently passed 2/24/20

Topic: He was action/adventure with a mix of exploration but covered a myriad of topix - IDK maybe if he did something on catastrophes/global conflict.

C

Cheza_mus

Experienced
Jul 1, 2021
I would choose George Orwell..his book Animal farm shows capacity for ordinary individuals to continue to believe in a revolution that are utterly betrayed. Orwell attempts to reveal how those in power pervert the democratic promise of the revolution...the same thing happening in my country now

Reactions: Celerity
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I would love to drag Karl Marx from hell and give him a twitter account. Then he can write a book on whichever topic he likes or hates the most. It would be entertaining regardless.

Reactions: Celerity