DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
It is becoming apparent that my family feels better giving my brother multiple chances at change despite him consistently abusing me. It shows me that their care lies in their delusion of a happy family rather than my own misery. I made it clear to my brother that I will leave this house if they are not willing to let him stay by his aunt and grandma. I contacted my therapist for resources and my school to see if dorms are available for the semester. I don't have a job or money but if they insist that my brother stays I will take the chance to leave however that my be. I cannot do this anymore. Fuck my family.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LittleJem, tearful, Ghost2211 and 11 others
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
I'm guessing you maybe don't have a friend or someone nearby you can stay with? It's horrible when family wants to put their idea of a happy family over actually fixing things. Maybe a dorm will be available. We take you seriously!

Reactions: LittleJem, blacktrain98 and Stick
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
Too many families are like this unfortunately. You deserve to put yourself first and if this is the step you feel you need to take, then it is. I hope the odds are in your favor, good luck with getting out of there :heart:

Reactions: LittleJem
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm wondering, why is it that you're in therapy but not the whole family together?

Reactions: deleted
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I hope it all works out and you can live away from your family.

Reactions: LittleJem