T

Teepbak

May 16, 2021
i think I don't want my family to know I'm dead. Rather, I'm planning on moving far away, and slowly over the course of a year or two to lose contact with them. After moving, at first I'll call them every so often, and I'll tell them lies about my life; "I found a great career." "I'm dating this wonderful girl." "She's pregnant and we're going to keep the baby." "I'm making cellphone plan with her so I'm leaving the family account." Etc.

Now, concerning my body, how can I make it that my family not be notified? Is my body always sent to be identified? If my body's found in another country would authorities there notify my family?

I'm thinking I'll rent a kayak and paddle out in the ocean and ingest either one of the Sodium's in the wiki. I know the Azide should not be done in water, so if I use that one I would do it in the house I'm living alone at. I'm leaning towards Nitrite though because it's not explosive and the wiki says it's a peaceful death. If I'm inside, I'll set up an automated message to be sent to the police after my death (I'm unsure, maybe 1 day, 2 days, max 3 days after ingestion). Is Nitritie safe to do in water or will it negatively effect the ecosystem too?

If I'm doing it on water, I'll position myself on the kayak with a heavy weight tied around me, so that after I ingest the Nitrite there's a chance the weight will slide off and it'll take my body with it too (I'm too scared to have a painful death with drowning/hanging). I'm thinking I won't leave an automated message with this way. Then my body won't be found for who knows how long.

How's my plan sound? 5 minutes ago I read a thread about documentaries with missing people and how it's horrible for the family. I know suicide is horrible too, but I'd rather choose the one that will leave my family with the least trauma. So I still have some thinking to do about whether I want to disappear (even with the long plan...) or let my death be known.

Reactions: poisonedminds
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Depending on how much your family loves you, they'll put out an APB search for you and when you're found, you'll be identified and your family notified of your passing. Then it's up to them to know the nature of death so that's when a forensics examiner will do an autopsy on you and tell them that there was no foul play and that you poisoned yourself with SN. If your family doesn't love you, they wouldn't care if you disappeared and wouldn't bother doing all the above.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think you will be found sooner or later.
I wanted to do something like that but apart from going to the middle of the sea and sinking, I will probably be found sooner or later because my family will start looking for me (especially now that they know I'm suicidal).

T

Teepbak

May 16, 2021
Depending on how much your family loves you, they'll put out an APB search for you and when you're found, you'll be identified and your family notified of your passing. Then it's up to them to know the nature of death so that's when a forensics examiner will do an autopsy on you and tell them that there was no foul play and that you poisoned yourself with SN. If your family doesn't love you, they wouldn't care if you disappeared and wouldn't bother doing all the above.
Damn. Thank you for the information. Looks like I'll be going the route of allowing my body to be found by the police.

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
I've wondered the same thing and I think they will always find a way to notify family.

I'm estranged so I kinda hate the idea of them being notified.

L

LaDagabba

Mar 23, 2021
There is a way to automatically burn your body after a certain time, it's called a timed ignition device.
But building such a thing is not easy.

Reactions: poisonedminds