• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 π”ͺ
May 21, 2021
and put my hand in extremely hot water, will it stop the blood from clothing and will I bleed to death?

I wouldn't be able to cut through my other wrist because of my weakened hand.

I don't have access to SN or N or any other methode unfortunately.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner and lobster salad
Chisel

Chisel

My dreams where I live. My life is my nightmares
Sep 27, 2021
Cutting your artery in your wrist is difficult due to them being split.
Also if you do sever an artery you won't need to stop blood clotting as it will come out rapidly it will not clot.

The Brachial artery would probably better (see pic).
However you'll probably want to avoid getting the tendon.

Attachments

• forearm_muscles_vessels_nerves.jpg
    forearm_muscles_vessels_nerves.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Love
Reactions: ocean_corks, patheticpartner, lobster salad and 1 other person
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 π”ͺ
May 21, 2021
Cutting your artery in your wrist is difficult due to them being split.
Also if you do sever an artery you won't need to stop blood clotting as it will come out rapidly it will not clot.

The Brachial artery would probably better (see pic).
However you'll probably want to avoid getting the tendon.
ummm, what happens if I slice a tendon while searching for my Brachial artery...? Will I lose usage of my arm?
Screenshot 20211030 030909 Samsung Internet
this sounds so good ngl
Is there a way to locate the Brachial artery with my fingers? Doctors got to have a way of locating it just by patting and pressing

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Z-bar and patheticpartner
Chisel

Chisel

My dreams where I live. My life is my nightmares
Sep 27, 2021
Not sure usually a some sort of tourniquet will suffice to trap blood and enlarge the artery.
Would be doing alot research before digging in there though.
And yes slash that tendon your gonna be in alot of pain and no use of your arm.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and Insomniac
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 π”ͺ
May 21, 2021
Not sure usually a some sort of tourniquet will suffice to trap blood and enlarge the artery.
Would be doing alot research before digging in there though.
And yes slash that tendon your gonna be in alot of pain and no use of your arm.
I found this video as reference (0:25) :

I will watch plenty of surgerical videos on the Brachial artery just to make sure I don't fuck up.

Honestly, pain is no longer an issue. I was in the kitchen earlier, I put a knife on the burning stove and pressed in against my skin, and at first it was unbearable but I put the knife back on the stove and back on my skin and repeated the process multiple times and the more I did it, the longer I could tolerate the pain. This is why I'm convinced that I can get used to the pain if I repeat this multiple times everyday.

my only issue is to avoid infection during the process, since this is not a one time thing. Since I plan on progressively cutting through my skin everyday, it's gonna be hard/tricky to walk around with an half open arm..

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
W

Worth6C657373

Oct 29, 2021
I'm not at all an expert in the topic and I have no proper medical background, so what I'm going to say is basically empirical. I'd also like to warn anyone that might read this that I may get a bit graphic with my wording, so I apologize in advance.

Cutting to the point of reaching an artery is difficult. I've tried to cut my left radial artery before at the distal portion of the wrist where one checks for the pulse. Twice. The process took me an hour or more each time since I made each slice carefully, and I made sure to stop my venous bleeding each time as I didn't want any blood obfuscating my view. Granted that both times I was not in the mindset to actually die that way, and I instead wanted to witness my own arterial bleeding and I knew what to do to stop it if I achieved it. These instances were just another progression of my self-harm at that point.

Since those two times I tried to reach my radial artery in a spot with less flesh to go through, I thought it'd be easier as I had gone deeper (and by "deeper" I mean from a length measurement standpoint and not by how many layers I had cut through prior) more than once on my thighs before. But it wasn't easier, and that was because in those two cases I had to fight with my survival instinct with every slice. Pain-wise, it was also harder on my wrist than on my thigh which I attribute to the difference in density of nerve endings in each area, although perhaps I wasn't as "determined" when I sliced my wrist and didn't tap into my mental pain enough to dampen the physical pain I was inflicting. Who knows. My point is that that shit is harder than it looks.

I also made quite a bit of research before I tried: I found where to slice, the orientation of the lacerations, and overall I tried to become well-acquainted with the anatomy of where I was slicing. But in the end, my survival instinct won out even if I didn't intend to die that way.

If you still decide to go through with this, then I hope I can answer your question about staying "safe" while working up to that depth sufficiently, though keep in mind that there's always going to be a risk of infection with these things. The way to minimize that is by disinfecting the "canvas" and your tool of choice. Do this before AND after. Soap and water are the recommended ways to do this on your skin and wounds, and maybe some isopropanol/isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). If you are a moron like me, though, you might end up using the alcohol on tools, skin, and wounds. Don't do that unless you want to increase the pain you feel, and also you might damage the inner layers of your wound that way. Cover your wound after you clean it with something that won't stick to the wound if you lack first aid supplies (that means no toilet paper, napkins, etc. That shit will get stuck in there and you increase your chances of infection. And yes, my dumbass has done all of those, and got lucky.)

I can go a bit more in-depth into what you might require depending on how deep (this time I mean in terms of layers) if you like, but I think this wall of text is already too much. Just let me know.

Please stay safe regardless of what you choose.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: g0921, ocean_corks, Lostandlooking and 4 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 π”ͺ
May 21, 2021
I'm not at all an expert in the topic and I have no proper medical background, so what I'm going to say is basically empirical. I'd also like to warn anyone that might read this that I may get a bit graphic with my wording, so I apologize in advance.

Cutting to the point of reaching an artery is difficult. I've tried to cut my left radial artery before at the distal portion of the wrist where one checks for the pulse. Twice. The process took me an hour or more each time since I made each slice carefully, and I made sure to stop my venous bleeding each time as I didn't want any blood obfuscating my view. Granted that both times I was not in the mindset to actually die that way, and I instead wanted to witness my own arterial bleeding and I knew what to do to stop it if I achieved it. These instances were just another progression of my self-harm at that point.

Since those two times I tried to reach my radial artery in a spot with less flesh to go through, I thought it'd be easier as I had gone deeper (and by "deeper" I mean from a length measurement standpoint and not by how many layers I had cut through prior) more than once on my thighs before. But it wasn't easier, and that was because in those two cases I had to fight with my survival instinct with every slice. Pain-wise, it was also harder on my wrist than on my thigh which I attribute to the difference in density of nerve endings in each area, although perhaps I wasn't as "determined" when I sliced my wrist and didn't tap into my mental pain enough to dampen the physical pain I was inflicting. Who knows. My point is that that shit is harder than it looks.

I also made quite a bit of research before I tried: I found where to slice, the orientation of the lacerations, and overall I tried to become well-acquainted with the anatomy of where I was slicing. But in the end, my survival instinct won out even if I didn't intend to die that way.

If you still decide to go through with this, then I hope I can answer your question about staying "safe" while working up to that depth sufficiently, though keep in mind that there's always going to be a risk of infection with these things. The way to minimize that is by disinfecting the "canvas" and your tool of choice. Do this before AND after. Soap and water are the recommended ways to do this on your skin and wounds, and maybe some isopropanol/isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). If you are a moron like me, though, you might end up using the alcohol on tools, skin, and wounds. Don't do that unless you want to increase the pain you feel, and also you might damage the inner layers of your wound that way. Cover your wound after you clean it with something that won't stick to the wound if you lack first aid supplies (that means no toilet paper, napkins, etc. That shit will get stuck in there and you increase your chances of infection. And yes, my dumbass has done all of those, and got lucky.)

I can go a bit more in-depth into what you might require depending on how deep (this time I mean in terms of layers) if you like, but I think this wall of text is already too much. Just let me know.

Please stay safe regardless of what you choose.
Thank you very much for sharing this! this is very very helpful :)

I do have a few questions:

1.you mentioned having to stop your venous bleeding. was the blood thick or still red? Did your blood keep the same color/consistency during the whole process? And how did you stop that bleeding?? I was planing to use a sterile saline solution to clean the blood and clear the view. What do you think?

2.You said you wanted to just witness your arterial bleeding. But I think I read on Google that you fall unconscious only 15sec after opening an important artery. And die after 90sec. Were you aware of that? If yes, how long did you plan to witness your bleeding and what method would you use to stop the bleeding before falling unconscious?

3. Someone here told me to be careful not to slice a tendon. Did you have that in mind? Could you recodnize a tendon?

4. At some point, you say that your survival instinct won. At what point? At that moment, had you found the artery? And what stopped you? Was it the overall pain itself? Or the anticipated pain of cutting an artery and it's effect on your whole body? BTW, do you think it hurts to cut an artery (I mean, the cutting of the artery itself, not the skin slicing and fat digging prior to finding the artery)

5. In my post, I said that I'd work with a burning hot scalpel. I was planing to heat the scalpel on the stove multiple times and cut through my skin. I already tried that and it seems easier to cut through the skin with a burning blade. Do you think it's a good idea or not? Do you think I should stop using a burning blade?

6. When you cut through the skin, there is a point were you reach fat. Does it hurt to cut and dig through fat? Or it's just the skin that hurts?

Sorry for all these questions. But I'd really appreciate it if you could go more in depth :)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Worth6C657373 and patheticpartner
W

Worth6C657373

Oct 29, 2021
Thank you very much for sharing this! this is very very helpful :)

I do have a few questions:

1.you mentioned having to stop your venous bleeding. was the blood thick or still red? Did your blood keep the same color/consistency during the whole process? And how did you stop that bleeding?? I was planing to use a sterile saline solution to clean the blood and clear the view. What do you think?

2.You said you wanted to just witness your arterial bleeding. But I think I read on Google that you fall unconscious only 15sec after opening an important artery. And die after 90sec. Were you aware of that? If yes, how long did you plan to witness your bleeding and what method would you use to stop the bleeding before falling unconscious?

3. Someone here told me to be careful not to slice a tendon. Did you have that in mind? Could you recodnize a tendon?

4. At some point, you say that your survival instinct won. At what point? At that moment, had you found the artery? And what stopped you? Was it the overall pain itself? Or the anticipated pain of cutting an artery and it's effect on your whole body? BTW, do you think it hurts to cut an artery (I mean, the cutting of the artery itself, not the skin slicing and fat digging prior to finding the artery)

5. In my post, I said that I'd work with a burning hot scalpel. I was planing to heat the scalpel on the stove multiple times and cut through my skin. I already tried that and it seems easier to cut through the skin with a burning blade. Do you think it's a good idea or not? Do you think I should stop using a burning blade?

6. When you cut through the skin, there is a point were you reach fat. Does it hurt to cut and dig through fat? Or it's just the skin that hurts?

Sorry for all these questions. But I'd really appreciate it if you could go more in depth :)
Don't worry about asking questions as I'm hoping that my answers can somehow keep you, or anyone else that might benefit from this, safer.

1. The blood hadn't coagulated yet, though it didn't take much time usually. I may have hit a vein on my thighs at least a couple of times before and after the wrist attempts as they kept bleeding for a while (we're talking hours), but those times I didn't really try to stop the hemorrhaging on my thighs. The blood kept the same color throughout pretty much, and, apart from the coagulation setting in most of the time before I was content with the bleeding, the rate of flow is what tended to increase with depth. To stop the bleeding all you need to do is apply pressure (without peeking!) for a few minute, so around 5-15 depending on the person and severity of the cut. Preferably you should use a non-stick pad so that you don't rip out any dried blood that's helping to stop the bleeding once you remove the pad from the wound, but with smaller cuts that doesn't happen as badly on healthier individuals. As for sterile saline solutions to clean the wounds, I'd say that's a really good call over tap water.

2. I was aware of the dangerous gamble I was attempting, from how much time I had to stop the bleeding to how to tend to it and call for help. I planned and had gauze ready, I sterilized my tools and disinfected the area, I had my phone at hand on the call app so I could dial 911, and I had practised where to apply pressure hard (on the wound itself or more proximally depending on the orientation of the cut at the time) so I can buy myself more time. But, despite this, I should add that failure to actually stop the hemorrhaging from becoming fatal was an outcome I was content with, as I have been suicidal for over a decade now. My plan to witness the bleeding was so that I had long enough to take a pic of the wound and/or surroundings before I called for EMS. Extremely stupid and selfish, I know.

3. While I've never seen one of my tendons, let's just say that I chose a spot where tendons and the major nerves were not obstacles (I researched as much as I could prior to avoid doing permanent damage to myself.) Though in the scenario in which I would have to try to distinguish a blood vessel from a tendon, I would have probably flexed my forearm muscles to see which things moved and which didn't. I was also hoping that I'd be able to see a pulsating vessel once I went deep enough, or feel for the "string" that contained the pulse.

4. I cut through until right before the fascia (the membrane that separates the muscle layer from the layers of the skin) the first time, and I stopped at the subcutaneous layer (the fat layer) on my second time. I'll go a bit further in-depth about some of that in #6 as that would also answer that question. Enough digressing, The reason I stopped the first time was due to how long I'd been cutting for (roughly an hour or more) so I had lost my resolve to keep cutting by then and the fear of dying set in once I knew I was close. My survival instinct kept nagging at me that going further could cause my death, and I could no longer tap into my mental pain at that point to mute the nagging. I also dreaded being locked in the hospital again if I arrived with such a wound, because one pretty much NEEDS professional medical attention for that. As for the second time, I chose a less ideal spot and I stopped at a point less deep than the first for fear of accidently cutting a nerve. Regarding whether cutting an artery would hurt or not, I remember reading somewhere that cutting an artery might hurt. I don't know the validity of that claim, but I kept that thought in mind during.

5. I don't know the depth at which you've cut yourself so far with that burning blade, but I'd implore you to not continue. I don't have much experience with burning, but I don't think burning the deeper layers of skin past the epidermis (the outermost layer; the layer you can see normally) is a good idea. I'm pretty sure (though I'll check in a bit) that burn degrees are dependent on which layers are affected by the burn, so if you burn deeper tissue then you are increasing the probability of infection as well as gambling with doing permanent damage to yourself. Ok, yeah I googled it and I'm more or less right, so continuing that'd be a big no-no. Honestly, the act of self-cutting is bad enough and risky as is, but adding burning on top just seems torturous. I'd recommend against either, but if you choose to continue cutting then at least don't do it with a burning blade.

6. I have noticed that each layer hurts a bit more than the previous one. I sometimes haven't noticed that change in pain when I've been in a REALLY bad place mentally to the point that I was able to "numb" my physical pain with the mental one. That said, once you reach the subcutaneous layer (the ol' fat layer) you don't really feel the cutting. It felt strange the first time as I was really ignorant about all that I've written so far. I even tried to cut into the individual loose connective tisue (or "beans," as some refer to them by), but I couldn't. Since the primary tissue in that layer is adipose tissue, roundish fat tissue, and since they aren't connected that tightly, I was able to pretty much move the blade in between the space in between the tissue without having to cut into it. I did so until I felt the blade stop, and when it did I could feel pain when I applied pressure again. That told me I had reached the deep fascia. I've never dared to go deeper since that would just be asking for permanent damage, from what little I know. Anyway, there is a more or less "guide" on how to care for wounds depending on the depth that I could go over if you wish. I'd add it here, but I think this response is long enough as is, and it's probably already longer than the first lol.

Again, as with the first one, I'm happy to answer any more questions that you may have, so long as these words serve to diminish as much harm as possible. Also since I haven't slept yet, there might be some grammatical or structural errors in here, and/or some tangential ramblings. Apologies if that's the case, but I'm too lazy at the moment to reread and revise.

• Love
Reactions: Insomniac
R

ReallyTired

Oct 21, 2021
I've been also thinking about this method, but I think it would take too long to die this way.
You need to find a way to stop the blood clotting before death can occur. You would more than likely need Aspirin to thin the blood or Warfarin, basically to stop the blood clotting which it will start to do as soon as the blade disturbs the blood vessel. For me it's all too uncertain and also stressful. From what I read, majority of people who die from blood loss isn't through suicide but some sort of trauma incident to the body.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 π”ͺ
May 21, 2021
I've been also thinking about this method, but I think it would take too long to die this way.
You need to find a way to stop the blood clotting before death can occur. You would more than likely need Aspirin to thin the blood or Warfarin, basically to stop the blood clotting which it will start to do as soon as the blade disturbs the blood vessel. For me it's all too uncertain and also stressful. From what I read, majority of people who die from blood loss isn't through suicide but some sort of trauma incident to the body.
Someone told me that if I went for the Brachial artery, my blood wouldn't clot since it's a major artery. What do you think?

I watched surgerical videos of the Brachial artery and I think I'm able to find it. It's the bigger one so not very hard to spot.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Incognito?
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 π”ͺ
May 21, 2021
if you burn deeper tissue then you are increasing the probability of infection as well as gambling with doing permanent damage to yourself
thank you so much for your reply!

what do you mean when you say that I'm gambling with permanent damage by using a hot blade?

I'm asking this because I thought that by chosing to severe an artery, I was already gambling with permanent disability (for example, if I hit an important nerve of tendon or muscle structure). ALTHOUGH I might be wrong. Maybe this risk is multiplied with a burning blade?

someone mentioned to me that the declining quality of my blade (due to burning it again and again) could be an issue and seriously increase the risk of infection. do you think it's true? Is burning iron somehow toxic for the skin?

on the other hand, I though that a hot blade could be considered "sterilised".

the truth is, I wanted to use burning because I don't have the gut to slice myself open. With a hot blade, I'd just press it firmly on my skin and it'd do the job for me. It's the passivity of burning that attracts me. I don't think I have the actual courage to consciously slice and slice... idk, maybe if I really don't have any other option I'll have to do that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy and patheticpartner
W

Worth6C657373

Oct 29, 2021
thank you so much for your reply!

what do you mean when you say that I'm gambling with permanent damage by using a hot blade?

I'm asking this because I thought that by chosing to severe an artery, I was already gambling with permanent disability (for example, if I hit an important nerve of tendon or muscle structure). ALTHOUGH I might be wrong. Maybe this risk is multiplied with a burning blade?

someone mentioned to me that the declining quality of my blade (due to burning it again and again) could be an issue and seriously increase the risk of infection. do you think it's true? Is burning iron somehow toxic for the skin?

on the other hand, I though that a hot blade could be considered "sterilised".

the truth is, I wanted to use burning because I don't have the gut to slice myself open. With a hot blade, I'd just press it firmly on my skin and it'd do the job for me. It's the passivity of burning that attracts me. I don't think I have the actual courage to consciously slice and slice... idk, maybe if I really don't have any other option I'll have to do that.
I'd like to reiterate that I am not medically trained at all, so you should not trust my words as gospel. What little I know comes from doing as much research as I can regarding my preferred method of self-harm, which is cutting.

Yes, cutting deeper than superficial cuts has the risk of doing permanent damage even if you don't hit an artery (eg. I've read of a case of someone accidently slicing a nerve in their thigh during a self-harm episode and they can no longer walk properly). Understanding the anatomy of the area where you are cutting can decrease that possibility, and being diligent with your cutting depth as well as having a clear view of where you are cutting can help even more to prevent permanent damage. The risk still remains though since we are not as knowledgeable as a surgeon is, and even they can make a mistake. Obviously the ideal solution would be to cease any plans to commit to cutting yourself in the future, but I don't think that will work in the long run without mental treatment and/or a safer alternative.

You might not do permanent damage, or at least not much in the best-case scenario, if you somehow only hit an artery and are able to seek medical help in time, as far as I know. Sure, you will have permanent sutures on your artery from that point on, but I don't think that'd be the worst that could happen. The spot I chose the first time would have been ideal as it was free of tendons and the median nerve was far away enough to prevent any permanent damage to my left arm. But could you be sure to be as safe when going after the brachial artery?

Orientation of the slice also matters and whether the laceration is partial or full. It can go from having enough time for EMS to reach and save your life to losing your life.

I am a lot more ignorant on burning as a method of self-harm, much less the combination you desire.

I don't know much about how continuous burning of the blade will affect the increase of infection, but I think I remember one of my knives become duller after I got it hot like an ember in the past (it was for a project and waaay before I started self-harming). If it makes it duller, then that will make the process more difficult. It's advised that one use fresh blades as often as possible. Burning the blade would sterilize it in the moment, but I don't know if it'd retain its sharpness after a while.

I understand how you feel about cutting over and over for depth. While I have cut pretty deep (from my point of view at least since that's subjective and should not be idolized in any way), I cannot recreate it if I'm not in the "right" mental state. Said mental state is a very awful one to be in, and it is the ONLY way I can even reach that depth. I've tried to force myself to cut as deep before while not being in that agonizing state and I've had to stop at a depth my mind wasn't satisfied with. I just can't muffle the pain and my pain reflexes if I'm not in complete mental agony. It's very difficult, but I was glad that I did it that way for all I have now are simply scars rather than being disabled by being careless and hasty. Having control with every slice was important to me, even while I was blinded by my pain and suffering, and I think you might surrender that by using the method you are talking about.

I can't predict how much damage you would do to yourself by using a burning blade as there's no way for me to know how long you'd keep the blade in contact with your flesh, nor how deep you'd go each time. I don't know if you would even damage the same site each time or use a different place in your body with each practise attempt.

Again, I ask that you reconsider this approach or think on it for a tad longer. While models and pictures of the anatomy of the place you intend to cut make it seem like things are shallower, just how deep certain things are will depend on your physical build. And much like I've warned someone else before, certain structures are deeper than you probably think at the moment you begin cutting. That was certainly the case for me as I was way more ignorant about these things when I first turned to the blade.

If you do intend to continue with cutting, let me know if you would want some other basic tips for taking care of the wounds and what not.

P.S. Also as you could probably notice, that last reply of mine was in limbo for around 18 hours, so I don't know if this one will be treated the same.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ocean_corks, patheticpartner and Insomniac
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I seen a video of a guy do this once. Not a pretty sight.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I've tried that from all sides you can imagine in my arm, ended up with 30 plus stiches, always have lo wear long sleeves in summer. Plan to do a tattoo on top but they say it's too soon. Just just be careful, my coffee member. Hugs,

• Love
Reactions: Insomniac and Someone123
DarkNearDeath

DarkNearDeath

Student
May 1, 2021
Cutting to fat is manageable in my experience but going further hurts. For example, cutting a nerve will give you an electric shock and won't be able to move your arm.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Cutting has a success rate of 1.2% in the U.S., so that means 1 out of every 83 attempts by cutting works, according to a Harvard Paper "Lethalityof Suicide Methods" - you can easily find this articleby searching by this title on google. This method almost never works for ctb, but it often leaves scarring and it often damages use of the hands. There are much more reliable methods.

Reactions: ocean_corks
ocean_corks

ocean_corks

Dec 27, 2021
Cutting is a cry for help at best, and simply a bid in the struggle to maintain the illusion of control. Those are not judgements. To be human is to need, and to need help. To be human is to cry. To be human is to think we can control anything in this chaos.

Those are truths. Also true is that cutting is not the ticket. We all know this. You know this. One may well try and perform surgery on themselves. This is not the way. There is no peace down this particular road, just consequence of choice, and added complication for an already complicated existence.

Reactions: myopybyproxy and Someone123