• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm beginning to consider the possibility of a 'final trip' where I go somewhere and then kill myself there.

I am currently thinking Columbia as the cocaine is cheap and cocaine makes me happier, so I could have a trip happier on cocaine and then end things.

However, I don't think travel insurance covers death by suicide and don't know what the costs will be for flight/coroner/repatriation of ashes etc.

Is there any good website to look at on this topic or any thoughts from anyone?

The other option is I guess to go on a trip there and then kms when I am back home.

Thanks everyone

J

INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
That was my original plan so I did my fair bit of research... Of course exact figures will differ by country, airline policy, and also diplomatic relationship between the two countries, but expect to have to shell 4-5k pounds easily, and it may take a while (up to a month) for your remains to be sent back home. Death by suicide will entail all sorts of investigations, including full body autopsy.

You can choose to be cremated in Colombia itself but I believe your family can override your wishes (in a suicide note, for example) if they want your body returned home. That would increase the cost significantly. Unless you hate your family and don't want them to have anything to do with you, I'd recommend against ctb-ing in a foreign land. It's a lot of hassle and stressful for the bereaved.

You're right in that travel insurance won't cover anything.

S

scottyy

Feb 17, 2024
I'd like to do the same only I don't want my family to try and retrieve my body. I think it's pointless and would be a waste of their money. I'd like to do it on a mountain top in the jungle or something so that my body just goes missing.

CocoToxBase

CocoToxBase

Suffering
Jan 8, 2024
Legal and Logistical Details
Autopsy and Investigation:

In the case of a suspected suicide, local authorities will likely conduct an autopsy and possibly an investigation to confirm the cause of death. This process can vary significantly in duration and thoroughness depending on the country's legal system and specific circumstances surrounding the death.

The family might need to engage local legal representation to navigate this process, especially to expedite the release of the body for repatriation, which can be delayed due to legal proceedings.

Documentation and Permissions:
Securing the necessary documentation for repatriation is a complex process that involves obtaining an official death certificate, a consular mortuary certificate, a permit for disposition of remains, and sometimes a sanitary or quarantine certificate from local health departments.

All documents typically need to be translated into the language of the repatriating country, and they must be accurate and comprehensive to satisfy both local and home country regulations.

Financial Considerations Costs Detailed:

Repatriation Expenses:
The costs of repatriating remains can vary widely but often include fees for embalming or cremation (as per the destination country's requirements for transportation), a suitable transport casket or urn, and the actual transport fees, which depend on the airline and the distance involved.

Local Services: Before repatriation, the involvement of local funeral services for preparing the body as per international standards is necessary. These services also have associated costs.

Additional Fees: There might be additional fees, including consular fees for documentation, legal fees for navigating local requirements, and translation fees for official documents.

Insurance Limitations: While some travel insurance policies include repatriation coverage, it's essential to verify whether this coverage extends to incidents of suicide. Many policies have specific exclusions for deaths caused by suicide, particularly within a certain timeframe after the policy is taken out.