• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

returntothevoid

returntothevoid

curiosity kills
Jul 20, 2023
I plan on CTBing very soon but the location I've picked is out of state, very far from my home and dad (who I live with). Once authorities find my body, what will the process be? Will they figure out where I came from and ship my body back to my state/my dad? I plan on keeping my ID in my pocket for easy identification. Everyone in my life already knows I'd prefer to be cremated. Does anyone know what the process even is after your body is found? If anyone knows anything, any information would be appreciated, thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: marchshift
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Here ( Europe) it's normal that after they examined your body it's given back to family.

Reactions: returntothevoid
returntothevoid

returntothevoid

curiosity kills
Jul 20, 2023
Here ( Europe) it's normal that after they examined your body it's given back to family.
how do they even find your family? Do they ship it back to them? Or will my dad have to drive all the way to my CTB spot and pick my body up? If so I will reconsider my method, I don't want to burden him with more work.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
I've gone into this is much more detail in my "ask a mortician" thread- but basically, if you die out of state- your legal next of kin can sign off on cremation remotely via fax or the internet, and then your cremated remains can be mailed back to your family.

I apologize, I wish I had the energy to repeat myself and directly answer your questions, but I do not tonight.

Reactions: returntothevoid and Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
how do they even find your family? Do they ship it back to them? Or will my dad have to drive all the way to my CTB spot and pick my body up? If so I will reconsider my method, I don't want to burden him with more work.
You said you will take your ID with you. Easy to find your family.

No, most likely that the police / coroner will take your body to the morgue/ hospital for examination.
After that I'm not sure what the procedure in your country is.

From what I know you will be given back to your family for burial/ cremation

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
Who qualifies as next of kin can vary state by state, so it is worth looking into who has the right of disposition in the state you plan on ctb-ing in.

Other options are doing pre-paid funeral arrangements in that state, at which point you get to dictate what happens to you, and the burden of arrangements are no longer on your family.

You may state, I want to be cremated and mailed back to my father- and as long as it is pre-paid, this will happen.

If one didn't know which place they wanted to ctb, just knew it was going to be far from home- then pre-paid funeral arrangements with travel insurance, either national or international if need be, will also ensure that one's bits make it back home.

returntothevoid

returntothevoid

curiosity kills
Jul 20, 2023
I've gone into this is much more detail in my "ask a mortician" thread- but basically, if you die out of state- your legal next of kin can sign off on cremation remotely via fax or the internet, and then your cremated remains can be mailed back to your family.

I apologize, I wish I had the energy to repeat myself and directly answer your questions, but I do not tonight.
I still appreciate it! I'll go look in the thread. Your willingness to help people around here is really great, I know it's probably exhausting answering the same questions over and over. I wish the site was organized a little better so I could find repeat threads and questions easier but it is what it is.

Reactions: mehdone