• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Jake.123

Jake.123

Feb 18, 2019
Although i think everyone should have the right to ctb. Idk what i would do if it came to one of my friends attempting to ctb cuz i would see it from both sides. I care for them but know how selfish they think i am if i tried to stop them. Id probably just end up freezing but i like to think id let them go. Anyone relate?

Reactions: Circles, throwaway777 and carys
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Depends, do you know why he want to ctb. You have any guilty level on these wishes. If not I think you don't have any right to intervene. Unless only you can give your is opinion like: if was you I not do that, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles, ArtVandelay and Jake.123
Escaper Boy

Escaper Boy

累坏了...
Apr 11, 2019
"I don't know what to say" would be the first phrase I say.

I wouldn't assume I knew everything about their circumstances. I wouldn't assume I understood their feeling just because I was suicidal too. I would proceed the conversation from perspective of non judgment. I would only give my own personal opinion/agenda to them if they asked for it, otherwise I would only listen.

Reactions: Circles, Faraway1990 and Jake.123
Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
The thought of a friend wanting to ctb tears me up inside, I'd talk to them and let them know I care. If they want to then I won't stop them, but a selfish part of me really wouldn't want them to.

Reactions: Circles, Faraway1990, Jake.123 and 1 other person
W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
Like Quinlor said, it really depends on the person and the circumstances, especially with respect to the possibility of healing.

If someone is upset by a relationship ending, while I can understand the pain, I also understand that their perspective is skewed by the present pain which could very well be a passing one. I'd intervene because I'd believe it is something their future self would want.

Also, if someone told me they are about to pull the trigger, jump, just swallowed a bunch of pills, I would interpret that as a cry for help and would (and have) intervened. If someone really wants to kill themselves, they're not going to communicate that to me at the last moment and expect me to just let it go at that.

However, if someone has a debilitating and chronic or terminal illness which made living burdensome with no realistic possibility of improvement (intense pain, ALS, e.g.), I would support their decision, celebrate their life. If they wanted to go to Dignitas, I'd go with them if I could afford to do it.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this, but I am being honest.

Reactions: Circles, LadyAbandon, Jake.123 and 2 others
Jessica-

Jessica-

Experienced
Mar 26, 2019
If it's someone I know who I think there is a chance of recovery or if I know their method is bound to fail and cause more pain, I would definitely stop them.

If it's a complete stranger , I would most probably not do anything except if it is a young kid( I guess I am a hypocrite )

Reactions: Circles and Jake.123
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
Like Quinlor said, it really depends on the person and the circumstances, especially with respect to the possibility of healing.

If someone is upset by a relationship ending, while I can understand the pain, I also understand that their perspective is skewed by the present pain which could very well be a passing one. I'd intervene because I'd believe it is something their future self would want.

Also, if someone told me they are about to pull the trigger, jump, just swallowed a bunch of pills, I would interpret that as a cry for help and would (and have) intervened. If someone really wants to kill themselves, they're not going to communicate that to me at the last moment and expect me to just let it go at that.

However, if someone has a debilitating and chronic or terminal illness which made living burdensome with no realistic possibility of improvement (intense pain, ALS, e.g.), I would support their decision, celebrate their life. If they wanted to go to Dignitas, I'd go with them if I could afford to do it.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this, but I am being honest.
I agree with you, but I would add more possibilities instead of just the typical (intense pain, ALS, e.g.). I don't think you should kill yourself for any reason, only if it's really justified, but only that person can judge what's justified or not. It's like, you are supposed to open their eyes, but if they are aware of what you have to say, why would you stop them?

W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
I agree with you, but I would add more possibilities instead of just the typical (intense pain, ALS, e.g.). I don't think you should kill yourself for any reason, only if it's really justified, but only that person can judge what's justified or not. It's like, you are supposed to open their eyes, but if they are aware of what you have to say, why would you stop them?
You don't think anyone should kill themselves but think I shouldn't try to stop them if they reach out? I don't get it.
If someone is reaching out because they are in pain, I want to help them.
If someone is reaching out to tell me they are feeling suicidal I feel obligated to help them determine if they feel lost or hopeless or if they really want to die.
There's a difference.
If they are involving me, they know I will give them my full attention. If they know me, they know I won't just say, "Sure. Okay. See ya on the other side, Mate!"
What I won't do is reject them.

Reactions: Circles, LadyAbandon, Jake.123 and 1 other person
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
You don't think anyone should kill themselves but think I shouldn't try to stop them if they reach out? I don't get it.
If someone is reaching out because they are in pain, I want to help them.
If someone is reaching out to tell me they are feeling suicidal I feel obligated to help them determine if they feel lost or hopeless or if they really want to die.
There's a difference.
If they are involving me, they know I will give them my full attention. If they know me, they know I won't just say, "Sure. Okay. See ya on the other side, Mate!"
What I won't do is reject them.
Ops. My English sucks. I agree with you, I just wanted to say i would add more cases to your list.

Reactions: Circles
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Couldn't care less tbh, doubt I'd attend the funeral unless the family REALLY wanted me to. My reaction would be along the lines of "oh", "what?", or "really?". The feelings mutual, though I doubt others would be as honest about it.

I did tell them back in HS I'm the last person they should go to for comforting.

k3v3r

k3v3r

Apr 25, 2019
I would talk to them, and tell them that i won't stop them if this really is what they want

betterdayz

betterdayz

Apr 24, 2019
well I dont have any sooooo..But if I did have friends I would let them do it for the simple fact i imagine they would be in a lot of pain like me and want peace so that's my reason.

Reactions: Circles and Walilamdzi
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I would need to contemplate with my value system. Rather than judge, I would hope to comfort and help them determine if this was the right path for them. If it was, do what I could for them.

H

headinghome

Experienced
Apr 11, 2019
I asked a friend of mine to help me get pills but they wouldn't… If I thought someone was really suffering and they felt that this was their only way out I guess I would do what I could

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Help needs to be limited to things that will not get you charged. Getting pills will...

H

headinghome

Experienced
Apr 11, 2019
Help needs to be limited to things that will not get you charged. Getting pills will...
Every action that you take would have the same consequences.....But I'm sure there's some creative ways

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Before I was suicidal myself I had a different perception and would have probably said I'd want to help and save them. Now I know how it feels to be helpless and suicidal. I think I'd check with them if it was like 'a cry for help' but if it wernt I wouldn't stop them

Jake.123

Jake.123

Feb 18, 2019
I asked a friend of mine to help me get pills but they wouldn't… If I thought someone was really suffering and they felt that this was their only way out I guess I would do what I could
Damn. If u dont mind me asking what was their reason for declining? Or didnt they give one?

V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Well I might ask that friend if he want to die with me.

Reactions: Syn1991 and headinghome
uiop

uiop

Fun drugs make me happy
Mar 27, 2019
I do think it's selfish. Humans are selfish by nature after all (That's why capitalism works). You want your friend to live - we all want those we care of to live - but your friend wishes to die. The best option in my opinion is to respect his/her decision, no matter how much it hurts you.

I've cried over the thought of one of my friends wanting to CTB too. She keeps mentioning about it and, eventually, it becomes more real. That is, I started from counting the months until CTB, to the weeks, to the days, and now to the hour. It makes make me go into panic mode every time she mentions it. I'll go through much anguish if/when it happens, but I'll be forced to accept the fact my friend has make his/her decision and is no longer an active part of my life; as heartbroken as it may be for me, I'll have to move forward because that's what the world does.

Reactions: whatever1111
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Hypothetically, I would probably want to join them in a suicide pact. Not having any friends means this will never be a problem for me.

Reactions: whatever1111
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
I would make sure it wouldn't just be a random decision, and that he knows how to do it properly as to not fuck his life even worse. But I wouldn't do a pact of some sort because i'd rather die alone.

been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
You'd try to help, because that's all you can ever do. And if you can't, you live with the pain. And if you can't you ctb. Ain't giving a shit great!

Reactions: AtomicNewt
M

Mljonzy

Student
Aug 21, 2018
Honestly i would take it well knowing that they are free from life and i don't think i would be upset at all because i don't get emotional about anything i'm dead inside.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
same as I do here for my imaginary friends.
Try to encourage them to explore helpful options they may not have considered, then let them do whatever they like, and wish them well.

• Love
Reactions: AtomicNewt, Morphinekiss and been_there
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Depends, first of all I would make sure it wasn't a rash decision, then I would make sure this is really what they want. I would offer to help them with different resources. But ultimately if they want to go and they have given it enough time I would let them.

Camille Lejeune

Camille Lejeune

Feb 14, 2019
Potential suicide partner ?

Last edited: