dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
If I had the choice to either cure my depression or die tbh I think I'd let myself die.

I first started hating being conscious almost 7 years ago now, I can't even remember what it was like to want to live. It feels so stupid that I basically "want" to stay mentally ill but it feels better than thinking of spending another year here. I feel it'd be even worse to be emotionally attached to this shit hole planet and want to participate in it.

Anyone else the same way?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: almost_dead, Valon, J113632 and 5 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Yeah, it feels easier to just end it all instead of trying to fix my life. It feels futile to try and recover only to continue living in such a fucked up world.

Reactions: Valon and Stick
J

Just A NPC

Oct 6, 2018
I am almost 40 and the idea of trying to fix myself seems nothing more than just a temporary bandaid now. I've realized life can feel okay for a little bit, but it's always going to end up back in a sucking hole of darkness.

Sometimes hope feels just as self injurious as when I'd cut myself with a razor.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: stillweary, Lostandlooking, J113632 and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
In a similar vein, I'm terrified of returning to this planet after death as another human being, only this time as a naive pro-lifer who wilfully ignores or downplays all the horror and suffering. This kind of worry has actually given me pause on whether I should ctb.

Reactions: Leshen, Ghost2211, dec132013 and 1 other person
J113632

J113632

Cheesed to meet you
Nov 30, 2019
I feel the same way. Even as a child, I have always felt that no matter what my life has to end in suicide. Even if my depression went away I don't think I could shake the feeling that there's no point in me being here.
I am almost 40 and the idea of trying to fix myself seems nothing more than just a temporary bandaid now. I've realized life can feel okay for a little bit, but it's always going to end up back in a sucking hole of darkness.

Sometimes hope feels just as self injurious as when I'd cut myself with a razor.
That's the worst part of feeling ok. You know it's going to end. Being around friends and family kills me sometimes because it will suddenly strike me that our times together will change nothing and after the day is over, I will be right back where I always end up.

Last edited:
Reactions: stillweary and dec132013
J

Just A NPC

Oct 6, 2018
Even if my depression went away I don't think I could shake the feeling that there's no point in me being here.

I was actually thinking about something along the lines of this today. Even when I inevitably feel better temporarily, no matter what that entails, I've still seen things that I can't unsee. The knowledge of that makes feeling okay even almost an empty thing. It is a crappy cycle.

Reactions: J113632
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I feel very similar. Thing is, is that even if I got help and took meds or got a therapist it doesn't change the fact of how dark and evil the world will always continue to be. Getting my depression cured (if it's even possible) won't stop global warming. If anything I speculate that pills will only blind me to the fact that the world will always be a bad place and while i'm extremely miserable as I am now at least i'm no fool when it comes to how life really is, a rat race filled with endless greed and so much more horrible things.

Reactions: stillweary and Leshen