W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
The prison-like environment and sexual assault while an inpatient among other experiences such as bullying from certain staff members have significantly contributed to my current anhedonia and desire to stop living.

Oh, so you're having some mental health problems? Well let's keep you in an environment where other patients can assault you and stop you from leaving. That will cure you!

Is there any way my death could help draw attention to these issues? For me, experiences in hospital have sealed my fate rather than helped aid any kind of "recovery".

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bct, FranCanSee, Deleted member 17331 and 6 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
As sad as it is, I think it would be difficult to ensure your death promotes any lasting change whatsoever.

I feel that a lot of people commit suicide around the time when they're admitted, and is accepted as at least somewhat normal.

You'd probably have more impact staying alive and joining an advocacy group.

Reactions: Bct
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
As sad as it is, I think it would be difficult to ensure your death promotes any lasting change whatsoever.

I feel that a lot of people commit suicide around the time when they're admitted, and is accepted as at least somewhat normal.

You'd probably have more impact staying alive and joining an advocacy group.
I would hate for the narrative to be that I came off medication and that was the only reason I died or something. Against my will, this year I am taking the medication I'm prescribed and just feel constant dread and desire not to be here. If that is their idea of a helpful result then... I don't really know what to say.

• Hugs
Reactions: casctb, Bct, itsamadworld and 3 others
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
You can CTB and record a video for someone to post on YouTube, probably will get some media attention

Reactions: casctb, Bct, Isadeth and 1 other person
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
You can CTB and record a video for someone to post on YouTube, probably will get some media attention
If I want to leave video notes, do you think a playlist full of unlisted videos is the best idea?

Reactions: Saed
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
I'm not sure. Maybe someone you know/shares the interest could release them once your gone? Or state your will to release them in a note? Maybe a delayed email with the passwords to someone to publish?

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
If I want to leave video notes, do you think a playlist full of unlisted videos is the best idea?
As for YouTube, I'm a bit leery of it, especially given how Google has advanced AI on sensitive and controversial content. I wouldn't like the risk of being outed or busted by Google just because they tipped off the authorities (which is not impossible). Seeing how anytime they sense anything that contains keywords, trigger words, like suicide or whatnot, I'd go towards a different platform and/or only publish it when the time comes.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, casctb, Shakespear's Brother and 4 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
As for YouTube, I'm a bit leery of it, especially given how Google has advanced AI on sensitive and controversial content. I wouldn't like the risk of being outed or busted by Google just because they tipped off the authorities (which is not impossible). Seeing how anytime they sense anything that contains keywords, trigger words, like suicide or whatnot, I'd go towards a different platform and/or only publish it when the time comes.
Vimeo maybe.

Reactions: FranCanSee
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
The prison-like environment and sexual assault while an inpatient among other experiences such as bullying from certain staff members have significantly contributed to my current anhedonia and desire to stop living.

Oh, so you're having some mental health problems? Well let's keep you in an environment where other patients can assault you and stop you from leaving. That will cure you!

Wow, that was a hard punch.

I also went through this in the psychiatric ward and that was the real hell, I left this place feeling worse. I felt the need to lie about my feelings and behave like a trained dog, just to get out. I was doped up because I was afraid to sleep in that place, apart from the aggressions committed by the employees. I thought I was the only person to notice these factors, since I didn't find any news and media attention in this matter.

The neglect of mental health should be more documented and exposed. But it looks like they want to hide it...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, casctb, Walilamdzi and 1 other person
H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
I don't recommend this at all because Jesus Christ must it be painfull. But alot of "suicide protest" have been via self immolation, I presume it garners more attention because of how drastic it is to witness and how painfull it is to go. So for somone to do it people stop and think for a bit.

I say a bit, sad fact is thousands die every day, the world moves on.