• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

hKKyPRDkg64Q

Jan 15, 2024
Hello. I have an idea for a method and I want to see what you guys think of it.

Basically, my idea is the same as the inert gas method, but instead of inert gas, you would use natural gas, with some extra steps to avoid an explosion. Since natural gas is non-toxic and doesn't contain carbon dioxide, it works just as well as an inert gas for asphyxiation. Once you fall unconscious, you could have a delayed text message be sent to 911 after an hour or so, so they can take care of your corpse.

I think the recommended gas flow of 15 L/m is good enough. I did some googling, and I'm not sure if these numbers are right, but I think people normally breathe out 3.8% carbon dioxide, with 20 breaths per minute, and 0.5 liters per breath on average. If my math is right, then the gas in the bag should be about 97.5% natural gas, and 2.5% carbon dioxide. For reference, normal air is 0.04% carbon dioxide, I'm not sure what percentage of carbon dioxide is enough to cause the hypercapnic alarm response. That math should also apply for the normal inert gas method, I think.

I actually just had an idea, which could also work for the normal inert gas method, and you wouldn't need to the gas valve on for an extended period of time. If you had a big enough bag then you could fill it 100% with the non-toxic gas, and then tape it to your neck to make an airtight seal, then maybe you could pass out from lack of oxygen before the carbon dioxide level increased enough to cause you to panic. Assuming you pass out after 3 minutes without oxygen, and a carbon dioxide level of 3% is enough to make you feel like you're suffocating, then if my math is right, you'd need a 38 liter bag for that to work. I think this might actually be feasible, since there are 80 liter trash bags. Once you would pass out, you'd still keep breathing and the carbon dioxide level would keep increasing. What do you guys think? If you have access to a 38 or more liter bag, then it doesn't matter if you use natural gas or an inert gas, because 38 liters is not enough to cause an explosion.

Anyways, the idea I came up with is to connect a gas outlet with tubing to a bag over your head, and then connect more tubing going out of the bag. And then, to light a flame at the end so that the natural gas burns. I think this would be a much better idea than just letting the natural gas escape out of the bottom of the bag, because in that case it could build up in the room, and after a couple hours or maybe even less, a small spark could cause an explosion.
Of course you would have to make sure that the seal between the bag and your neck would be airtight, which you can do with some tape and glue. Then, I think it would be a good idea to actually test to make sure it's airtight by squeezing the bag and seeing if any air escapes through the bottom. I also think that the flame would heat up the air around it, and cause a lot of convection, meaning that if there was a small leak, it would diffuse more quickly around the room, and if there is good ventilation, then the chance of an explosion is lower, although that is definitely still something to avoid.
I'm not sure if it would better to route the tubing between the bag and your neck, or to cut 2 holes in the bag for the tubing and seal those as well with tape and glue from both sides.
You would also have to make sure that the flame is far enough away from any flammable materials like wood for it to not start a fire.
Also, you should hold your breath for the period of time when you're filling up the bag with natural gas, because you don't want to pass out before you light the flame.
I don't think there is much of a risk of an explosion at the moment that you ignite the flame, because natural gas is only flammable when it makes up 5%-15% of the air, so the flame doesn't travel back down the tubing.
I also don't think there is much of a risk of a build up of carbon monoxide because as long as the room is big enough and there's good enough ventilation, the fire should always have enough oxygen to burn fully. With all these precautions, I think it would not actually be as dangerous as it would initially seem, it would just be like burning a flame inside, like a gas stove.

The cons of this method are that if something goes wrong, it could be a lot more dangerous than the normal inert gas method, and it's also unavailable to anyone who doesn't have access to a natural gas outlet, also, if you decide to do this method, then in my opinion you have to be very sure that you do it correctly and don't make any mistakes.
The pros of this method are that it's cheaper than the normal inert gas method since for the normal inert gas method you have to buy a container of helium from a store, also, this method provides an endless supply of the gas, so you don't have to worry about it running out before you die, also, if you decide to do this method but then change your mind, most of the supplies are also needed for the regular inert gas method, so you can easily switch to that.

If you think that this method is too dangerous, I think that's a respectable opinion, it's just an idea that I came up with. By the way, on the topic of methods that could be dangerous if something goes wrong. I think that some more common methods, namely CO poisoning, are a lot more dangerous than people think.

Reactions: todienomore
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
tube and bag sound like loose ends in this method