• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Themogger

Themogger

Psuedo Genius
Jul 23, 2024
This is my first post btw. Don't know if I should put this under discussion or venting but whatever.

So I saw this post under the main chemistry subreddit, and some dude was tryna find the right temperature required for two compounds to react. Now this seemed to be just about what you would find in a chemistry group, but when I went to the comments section, people were bashing on him and claiming to be able to see through his facade.

Now for context, apparently the reaction posted, if successfully carried out, would result in the production of CO gas which is a well known substance for ctb. So a lot of people were telling this dude to give it up (the jig is upšŸ‘“šŸ¼). Leave complex processes like this to the professional and just go seek mental help or something. And to be fair, they were justified in saying he should leave it to the experts as one of them explained that; in addition to CO gas being manufactured, there another somewhat explosive product that does not do well in high temperature (or something like that). So to avoid stories for the gods, just leave it to the experts.

Ignoring all that yapping, when I looked at the actual post and see the chemical equations, stoichiometry calculations, provisions for error and other stuff, I just couldn't help but be inspired. Funnily enough, it was because of this guy that I found out about this site.

If I do go out(always that % chance I'm immortal), I want it to be a bit unique and require some level of knowledge of chemistry. My best friend from highschool is good at chemistry and when he finds out how I went, I want him to be a little bit impressed. It doesn't really matter but why not?

When I ctb, I want it to be inspiring. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: itsalittlecold
smaragdyne

smaragdyne

Jul 21, 2024
I love chemistry, always have. Figuring out how materials interact is like magic imo.

I seem to be drawn more towards those type of threads here; discussions on purity, dosage, etc. I want to actually do some experiments and post my results here in the future.

I totally get it. Definitely hard to put into words, but where people would have no choice but to go "Damn. Respect."

Some ideas (some of these are pretty painful mind you!)

• Hydrazoic acid via hydrolysis of sodium azide (already a method well documented here)
  • Anything explosive, fulminates, nitro-whatevers
  • Cyanide, I'm trying to work up a synthesis from hardware store chemicals one day
  • Phosphine (Waltuh White style)
  • Death by critical mass (total fantasy obviously. My favorite part of Cyberpunk 2077 was the fact that Johnny Silverhand somehow brings a fucking nuke into a corporate HQ)

Reactions: Themogger
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022

Themogger

Themogger

Psuedo Genius
Jul 23, 2024
I love chemistry, always have. Figuring out how materials interact is like magic imo.

I seem to be drawn more towards those type of threads here; discussions on purity, dosage, etc. I want to actually do some experiments and post my results here in the future.

I totally get it. Definitely hard to put into words, but where people would have no choice but to go "Damn. Respect."

Some ideas (some of these are pretty painful mind you!)

• Hydrazoic acid via hydrolysis of sodium azide (already a method well documented here)
  • Anything explosive, fulminates, nitro-whatevers
  • Cyanide, I'm trying to work up a synthesis from hardware store chemicals one day
  • Phosphine (Waltuh White style)
  • Death by critical mass (total fantasy obviously. My favorite part of Cyberpunk 2077 was the fact that Johnny Silverhand somehow brings a fucking nuke into a corporate HQ)
I could be wrong but Hydrazoic acid is just Sodium azide in gas form, right? You really seem to have an attachment for explosive means.

The method that caught my eye was KCl, I saw it in a show, The magicians where someone gets stabbed(injected) by it and just instantly goes(šŸ˜µ). Apparently their heart stops, and then when given another injection of calcium or something, they get revived. It didn't seem painful but that's just tv magic. I saw some other dude here talking about the practicality if it and maybe introducing a buffer since the major complaint was that such an injection was hot or very painful, like an acid. And people wouldn't be able to go through with it
Yes, this is the kinda stuff I'm talking about. Thanks a lot bro

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
smaragdyne

smaragdyne

Jul 21, 2024
I could be wrong but Hydrazoic acid is just Sodium azide in gas form, right? You really seem to have an attachment for explosive means.
Yeah you can think of it like that, it's "hydrogen azide" instead of "sodium azide".

Cyanide works that way in this case too (sodium cyanide is solid, hydrogen cyanide is gas).

Themogger

Themogger

Psuedo Genius
Jul 23, 2024
Yeah you can think of it like that, it's "hydrogen azide" instead of "sodium azide".

Cyanide works that way in this case too (sodium cyanide is solid, hydrogen cyanide is gas).
Too bad hydrogen cyanide probably causes respiratory tract irritation. You could probably add Hydrogen sulfide to your list. Despite it's reputation as the rotten egg smell, at high enough ppm it's as lethal as CO

Reactions: smaragdyne