E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
Well thinking about existance I as able to come up with two certain things for my life,

1 - As a person who truly lived and understood suffering from a very young age, I would NEVER rip out a "soul" from non existance and bring in this god forsaken place, only to be enslaved, grow old repeat the cycle and die. that fucking curse ends with me.

2 - I won't see old age. I don't think there is anything endering about it, how bad must feel to see the same world with your now aged eyes. To lose your faculties, to lose your dignity. Old age always seemed horrofying to me. No, thanks.

Anyone care to add anything?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, peace_van and 14 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Not to mention the almost guaranteed chronic disease of some sort in old age. Also, I think people that ae haing kids in this day an age are insane...with society slowly circling the drain.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Yep, exactly what I'm going to do. No babies, no old age, no "meanings of life" or other delusions like that. Probably going to off myself before any old age related suffering having a chance to approach me.
Though usually I don't bother with minding others' business when they want to have children (they won't listen anyway), I do see having children as pure INSANITY. Like, this madness really has to stop...

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, glossble and 8 others
R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
i don't see children as a waste, it depends on whether they're placed in a good environment. there are plenty of children that grow up happy. i'm poor and my parents were kind of garbage so i'd have to work really hard to be a good parent.
as for old age, it depends on your lifestyle. you can be old by 40 or old by 90. either way, being in my 20s, i don't really think about it that much. im more concerned about present issues in my life that may lead to an early CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I can't really add anything to what you said. I can't see anything good on the horizon as I grow old, and have fear about ending up in a nursing home not being able to care for myself, all the while being completely alone. There's nothing good about that scenario to me.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Hollowman, P@in and 2 others
Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
I would never have my "own" kids, but I may adopt if I ever recover enough. Just as a way to decrease the suffering in another child's life and to still have a family.

I really never want to grow old though, it's terrifying.

• Love
Reactions: M.O.N, not-2-b-the-answer and P@in
P@in

P@in

Sep 9, 2023
Our instincts are to reproduce. We are programmed to do so (unless there's a mutation) like other animals.
Hell, even beings like insects, that live only few days, have in their mind only 3 main things:
1. Stay alive (survival instinct)
2. Find food
3. Reproduce

As human beings, we have the ability to think, unlike other animals.
Especially the ones that feel the suffering!

Conclusion:
1. No, I don't want to make children that will suffer this. I care about them too much and I will fight my primal instincts to let them stay safe in nonexistence.
2. If in my age (almost 30) I suffer a chronic physical pain (unlucky, not my fault), I don't want to imagine what will be as I get older and my pain will be even stronger and there might be other kinds of pains too.
I would never have my "own" kids, but I may adopt if I ever recover enough. Just as a way to decrease the suffering in another child's life and to still have a family.

I really never want to grow old though, it's terrifying.
That was my idea too. To take care of someone that's already trapped, make his life a little happier at least.
But i encourage you to do so only if you are sure that you are recovered, and that you can really help them and make their life better.
Otherwise, help yourself first, or it can affect the kids in a bad way.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Harrow
Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
That was my idea too. To take care of someone that's already trapped, make his life a little happier at least.
But i encourage you to do so only if you are sure that you are recovered, and that you can really help them and make their life better.
Otherwise, help yourself first, or it can affect the kids in a bad way.
Oh definitely. I would never in the state I'm in now. I'm still in the early half of my twenties, so I have time before that's even something on the table for me/ time to recover if I'm able. I've just been always been conditioned into wanting a family for better or worse.
Wouldn't want to screw up a kid any worse than life already will.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and P@in
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
Same here since I was younger I hated the idea of growing old just doesn't seem appealing at all, Having to need someone to watch over me 24/7 while my body and mind decay whats the joy in that I just cant see it

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, P@in and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Well thinking about existance I as able to come up with two certain things for my life,

1 - As a person who truly lived and understood suffering from a very young age, I would NEVER rip out a "soul" from non existance and bring in this god forsaken place, only to be enslaved, grow old repeat the cycle and die. that fucking curse ends with me.

2 - I won't see old age. I don't think there is anything endering about it, how bad must feel to see the same world with your now aged eyes. To lose your faculties, to lose your dignity. Old age always seemed horrofying to me. No, thanks.

Anyone care to add anything?
"I love the children I will never have"

It's the kindest thing I can do for them. I couldn't take care of them. They won't have to suffer a lifetime of misery.
They won't have to take care of me. I will never make it to nursing home age.
They won't have shitty DNA. They won't be infinitely stupid. I'm not bound to take care of them.

C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Parents mostly say "we want to have kids". They should rather ask their potential breed if they want to have this selfish parents or if they really want to live in this fucked up world.

• Love
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
"I love the children I will never have"

It's the kindest thing I can do for them. I couldn't take care of them. They won't have to suffer a lifetime of misery.
They won't have to take care of me. I will never make it to nursing home age.
They won't have shitty DNA. They won't be infinitely stupid. I'm not bound to take care of them.
I love the children I will never have.

I love that.

• Yay!
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The same as you- I don't intend to mother children and I hope not to see old age.

I probably won't achieve what I wanted in terms of my job now. I've lost the motivation.

I will probably try to avoid seeing old friends/ distant family in case I do CTB.

I probably won't fix a lot of the stuff that is broken in my home.

I probably won't lose the weight I should.

Really, it's all just about treading water now. In some ways, there's a comfort there. Pushing yourself to succeed in life is scary and unpleasant. There's a calm relief in letting go.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eternal Oblivion and not-2-b-the-answer
F

FootyStar

Oct 19, 2018
I'm completely sterile so I can't have children even if I wanted to (which thinking about it now is for the best since I would be a terrible father).

I definitely won't be living to old age due to my poor genetics. Family is filled with autoimmune disorders and cancers, the former which I have an extreme case of. I feel like I'm about to die every time I try to exercise despite being quite fit so I might not even get to ctb before my body gives out.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Forcing life into this hellish reality is criminal to me, it disgusts me the thought of someone being burdened with the ability to suffer endlessly when previously they were at peace. I'm also disgusted by the thought of very old age, it disturbs me the thought of decaying in this harmful and torturous flesh prison all while aware of the futility of it all.

Existence is just a senseless cycle of meaningless suffering and such a thing could never be desirable, only nothingness is ideal as one cannot be harmed by being completely unaware.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Eternal Oblivion, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
The same as you- I don't intend to mother children and I hope not to see old age.

I probably won't achieve what I wanted in terms of my job now. I've lost the motivation.

I will probably try to avoid seeing old friends/ distant family in case I do CTB.

I probably won't fix a lot of the stuff that is broken in my home.

I probably won't lose the weight I should.

Really, it's all just about treading water now. In some ways, there's a comfort there. Pushing yourself to succeed in life is scary and unpleasant. There's a calm relief in letting go.
I feel exacly as you, word for word.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Forever Sleep