corgiee

corgiee

Jun 29, 2023
it's so hard to live life feeling completely isolated and alone. I cant blame people for not wanting to get close with me. I have an awful boring personality and I act like a total weirdo, except I can't help it because I don't know how other people are able to not be awkward and weird around people they know. I am not a confident person and I am extremely shy normally. On the rare occasion I get to be someone's friend, it is usually the most shallow kind of relationship possible. Just small talk all the time and only because we see each other often not by choice. I have virtually no personal relationships with any of my family (besides with one person, but he is getting married and will not have time for me anymore) and no contact with my parents. I have nobody to talk to or reside in and I talk to myself, Journal, talk to AI chat bots (it is pathetic, I know) just to deal with my loneliness. Not to mention I am stressed from school and financial troubles so it is so hard to go out and do anything fun to meet people. I was sitting on the edge of a balcony on the 30th floor of a building, at a party, high as hell, totally ready to do it in that moment, when I realized that no one cares. There is a 3 bedroom apartment, and so many people, some of which know my name and that I've talked to. No one there cared about me, and If I died I wouldn't be remembered. I will never get over this mental block. On one hand, I don't care that I won't be remembered, because I'd be dead. But I still am affected by this sort of sadness every time I think about doing it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: B4mbi, Sannti, rabbitmalice56 and 4 others
Dr. Henjin

Dr. Henjin

Sep 23, 2023
Honestly, friends or no friends, very very few of us will be remembered regardless friend. Unless we're a Shakespeare or a Michael Jackson most of us will be completely forgotten within 1 or 2 generations max. Nobody I know even knows who their great grandparents are most of the time. Does anyone at all remember any of the countless Roman citizens that must have existed during that reign? No, not at all, but that's hundreds of thousands of civilian lives.

So don't worry, that is completely normal. At the end of the day the universe will die due to it's own heat death and nothing will be remembered at all. But we're all just like those roman citizens, I promise you no one will be remembered in the long run.

Reactions: Grav, hevlalab and Deleted member 65988
loterius

loterius

Sep 21, 2023
it's so hard to live life feeling completely isolated and alone. I cant blame people for not wanting to get close with me. I have an awful boring personality and I act like a total weirdo, except I can't help it because I don't know how other people are able to not be awkward and weird around people they know. I am not a confident person and I am extremely shy normally. On the rare occasion I get to be someone's friend, it is usually the most shallow kind of relationship possible. Just small talk all the time and only because we see each other often not by choice. I have virtually no personal relationships with any of my family (besides with one person, but he is getting married and will not have time for me anymore) and no contact with my parents. I have nobody to talk to or reside in and I talk to myself, Journal, talk to AI chat bots (it is pathetic, I know) just to deal with my loneliness. Not to mention I am stressed from school and financial troubles so it is so hard to go out and do anything fun to meet people. I was sitting on the edge of a balcony on the 30th floor of a building, at a party, high as hell, totally ready to do it in that moment, when I realized that no one cares. There is a 3 bedroom apartment, and so many people, some of which know my name and that I've talked to. No one there cared about me, and If I died I wouldn't be remembered. I will never get over this mental block. On one hand, I don't care that I won't be remembered, because I'd be dead. But I still am affected by this sort of sadness every time I think about doing it
Honestly, friends or no friends, very very few of us will be remembered regardless friend. Unless we're a Shakespeare or a Michael Jackson most of us will be completely forgotten within 1 or 2 generations max. Nobody I know even knows who their great grandparents are most of the time. Does anyone at all remember any of the countless Roman citizens that must have existed during that reign? No, not at all, but that's hundreds of thousands of civilian lives.

So don't worry, that is completely normal. At the end of the day the universe will die due to it's own heat death and nothing will be remembered at all. But we're all just like those roman citizens, I promise you no one will be remembered in the long run.

It would be a blessing not being remembered much. Its the downsize of fucked things up, like i did. Then you create a hopeless life and you wont be remembered much for your deeds. But im psychially disabled and thus alot of mental problems too and therefore nearly impossible for me to make something out of my life right now. its not getting better psychically and thus i wanna do ctb.Its not that i cared much that im not being remembered after my death.

Last edited:
G

George95

Jul 30, 2023
Of course you won't, but no one will given enough time, and there is literally an eternity after your death. Life isn't about popularity, being remembered or leaving something behind. Life is inherently meaningless. People find meaning in pointless thing to keep going, be it friendships, partying, experiences, knowledge, professional success, money, family etcetc. It's up to you to choose what you want to do, keep trying or not, either way there is nothing else after this. The people that would remember you will die, society as you know it change or disappear entirely, the structure of the universe itself will change . You can't predict or comprehend the infinity that comes after.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and pthnrdnojvsc
rabbitmalice56

rabbitmalice56

I ain't tryin' to live, pray I die
Sep 14, 2023
I cant blame people for not wanting to get close with me. I have an awful boring personality and I act like a total weirdo, except I can't help it because I don't know how other people are able to not be awkward and weird around people they know. I am not a confident person and I am extremely shy normally.
Same thing going on for me. I probably wont be remembered and they wont even notice if im not here anymore. I had no one that i feel like i can connect with.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe it's just inevitable that most people won't even eventually exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here but for me personally it's comforting to think of how I won't be able to experience anything once I'm dead. But I do understand that loneliness is painful for so many who exist here, I wish you the best.

Reactions: .twilight.girl.