H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I've been wondering if there are professional, licensed therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists lurking or even participating in the forum.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Yeah,Ive often wondered that myself..Theres a few posters on here that sound like they could be.

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
If there are, I'd like them to communicate with me.

Reactions: xBrialesana and Cevapcici
R

Reallyreallyreally

Experienced
Jan 13, 2020
I forget who but there is one who is really nice who I've talked to in here a few times. Or maybe they used to be. I'm not sure.
Yeah,Ive often wondered that myself..Theres a few posters on here that sound like they could be.
It's likely. A lot of people go into that profession because they know about trauma first hand, and just because they've trained to help other people doesn't mean they don't still have their own.

Reactions: xBrialesana, Lady Lazarus 2020, Cevapcici and 1 other person
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
There would be. But here's the thing like I learned when in classes. A lot of people enter psychology because they are trying to understand and cope with their own issues/abuse/etc. They're just as human as the rest of us. They can want to ctb just as much as the rest, as they are here too.

So, just something to remember as well :)

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Lady Lazarus 2020, Cevapcici and 2 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I've been wondering if there are professional, licensed therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists lurking or even participating in the forum.
Me me me! Pick me! I was in a previous life until 3 years ago when i went out on disability. I still provide consults and an on the Emergency response team for New York.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: xBrialesana, Lady Lazarus 2020, faraway_beach and 4 others
R

Reallyreallyreally

Experienced
Jan 13, 2020
There would be. But here's the thing like I learned when in classes. A lot of people enter psychology because they are trying to understand and cope with their own issues/abuse/etc. They're just as human as the rest of us. They can want to ctb just as much as the rest, as they are here too.

So, just something to remember as well :)
This right here is why I refused to tell my therapist the title when I had a copy of the Peaceful Pill. She actually didn't know I had it until after the fact. I had it secretly but I felt guilty for having told her I got rid of everything, so I got rid of it and then told her I had it in the first place. It was the way she was asking about the title that threw me off.

R

Reallyreallyreally

Experienced
Jan 13, 2020
Me me me! Pick me! I was in a previous life until 3 years ago when i went out on disability. I still provide consults and an on the Emergency response team for New York.
Response team sounds intense.

decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
oh man, good on you. still doing shit even through all the suffering. thats really cool.
well good if they are, i sure am not about to admit im close to suicide to anyone irl

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Response team sounds intense.
I specialize in infectious diseases and worked for the Department of Health. We have a terrorist attack I get called to wrap and tag bodies and prevent a public health crises.
oh man, good on you. still doing shit even through all the suffering. thats really cool.
well good if they are, i sure am not about to admit im close to suicide to anyone irl
I got caught. People in the job I work at now know. But in my industry, it's considered common.

R

Reallyreallyreally

Experienced
Jan 13, 2020
I specialize in infectious diseases and worked for the Department of Health. We have a terrorist attack I get called to wrap and tag bodies and prevent a public health crises.

I want your job. I'd love to work with the dead. I thought about studying mortuary science but was ultimately turned off by the somewhat predatory nature of the funeral industry.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I want your job. I'd love to work with the dead. I thought about studying mortuary science but was ultimately turned off by the somewhat predatory nature of the funeral industry.
No you don't. I'm a 9/11 First Responder dying (not fast enough) from 9/11 related illnesses. PTSD from my job will probably eventually kill me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: xBrialesana, goomsoom, SylvaanBanaan and 2 others
decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019

I got caught. People in the job I work at now know. But in my industry, it's considered common.
interesting situation. i have abusive parents and so many people seem to think thats not a big deal and they secretly love me and want the best for me.

departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
I think that it's highly likely. Statistically, with the hundreds of members here, there have to be at least a few (or more).

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

But...I thought you were a celebrity in the music industry?

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
But...I thought you were a celebrity in the music industry?
I am a 9/11 First Responder. When I got sick, I gave up social work full time (I now do consults and am in the emergency response team) and went full time into music. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Carina
Lady Lazarus 2020

Lady Lazarus 2020

Student
Jan 25, 2020
No you don't. I'm a 9/11 First Responder dying (not fast enough) from 9/11 related illnesses. PTSD from my job will probably eventually kill me.
Damn. I bet you have stories on stories on stories. I cannot imagine the psychological torment you endure. And you are still trying to help people. BEAUTIFUL.

• Love
Reactions: Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Damn. I bet you have stories on stories on stories. I cannot imagine the psychological torment you endure. And you are still trying to help people. BEAUTIFUL.
Medical marijuana is my savior ;)

• Love
Reactions: xBrialesana
R

Reallyreallyreally

Experienced
Jan 13, 2020
Oh, I misunderstood your post. I missed the part about the bagging and tagging being from terrorist attacks. Sorry about your PTSD. That condition super sucks.

I was going to go into crime scene cleanup until someone pointed out the possibility of having to deal with bits of children. That was it for me. It would have been my undoing. I can understand how you would be really traumatized by that event. I have a coworker who escaped from the north tower and he seems kind of screwed up.

xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019

Thank you SO much for what you've done and the help you've provided people, even tho it was at your own expense. :heart: I'm so sorry you're suffering but it sounds like you were a guardian angel for people. I'm sorry for your personal pain though
Medical marijuana is my savior ;)

And same lol. Probably literally