• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

vkore

vkore

Feb 27, 2023
i've been depressed for 8 years now, and i do want to die, but thoughts of what my family would go through after stop me from doing it. i just wish i wanted it enough to not care. i still don't want to live enough to be able to live like a normal human being. i see no future for myself. i can't work, make friends, keep my apartment or myself clean. i can't go 2 days without getting drunk. my mom always tells me "it'll get better soon" but i've been waiting for that since i was 12. i'm turning 21 in a week and have accomplished nothing in life. the best plan for me seems to be to get blackout drunk and jump off a roof.

if anyone else feels like this, that they're too "healthy" to ctb and too "sick" to live like they're supposed to, i'd appreciate advice.

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
What kind of treatment/meds did you try? If you still want to live you could try everything available. All hope is not necessarily lost.

Reactions: davidtorez
an_alias

an_alias

milosh
Dec 21, 2020
wishing you a happy early birthday OP. i feel like i'm in the same boat to an extent - too unmotivated to attempt again (this is why my account is like, 4 years old LOL)... but i hope something nice will come out of these days for you. you're not alone. i hope that that will numb some of the pain for you

H

HopelesslyAlive

Mar 12, 2024
I relate to this, kinda. I want to die, so badly, yet recently I've had conflicting feelings about actually doing it but I'm not sure why or what wants to keep me here, because just like you I don't believe its ever going to get better tbh. I also struggle with the thing that I'm not "unwell" enough to do it, like I have a relatively good quality of life, I don't think I struggle with things much other than my mental health and just rotting away most days but it still doesn't feel like enough to actually "need" to do it, ya know?
Are you absolutely set on doing it or more of a I want to do it? Have you looked into or have you received mental health support? If so, how did it go?
Overall, I hope this post makes you feel a little less alone :heart:

vkore

vkore

Feb 27, 2023
What kind of treatment/meds did you try? If you still want to live you could try everything available. All hope is not necessarily lost.
i've been on nearly 20 different meds in my life (antisepressants, antipsychotics, adhd meds, meds for ocd, etc) but i always get horrible side effects that don't go away so i can't use them. and i've been in therapy for 8 years. it really feels like there's nothing more available for me. but i still sometimes have hope, so i try to cling to that.
I relate to this, kinda. I want to die, so badly, yet recently I've had conflicting feelings about actually doing it but I'm not sure why or what wants to keep me here, because just like you I don't believe its ever going to get better tbh. I also struggle with the thing that I'm not "unwell" enough to do it, like I have a relatively good quality of life, I don't think I struggle with things much other than my mental health and just rotting away most days but it still doesn't feel like enough to actually "need" to do it, ya know?
Are you absolutely set on doing it or more of a I want to do it? Have you looked into or have you received mental health support? If so, how did it go?
Overall, I hope this post makes you feel a little less alone :heart:
i'm relieved to hear more people relate with me. and i've been in therapy for 8 years and tried all kinds of meds. therapy helps to an extent, but if i'm too unwell to change things myself, it doesn't do much.

Reactions: davidtorez
arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
i've been on nearly 20 different meds in my life (antisepressants, antipsychotics, adhd meds, meds for ocd, etc) but i always get horrible side effects that don't go away so i can't use them. and i've been in therapy for 8 years. it really feels like there's nothing more available for me. but i still sometimes have hope, so i try to cling to that.
That's extremely unfortunate. I feel probably the same but it's been about 9 months. Personally I tried 4 different meds that don't work. I'm doing rTMS right now. And after that maybe ECT. These are seen as 'last resort' options that you most definitely qualify for. Theres more info on these treatments in the recovery section. As much as life hurts you, there's still a little bit of hope (so you say).

rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
Hi @vkore, I'm so sorry you're going through this. You remind me a lot of me - I have severe social issues, I can't keep my house clean, ever, my career is very meh and perhaps most importantly, I swing between acute suicidal ideation and hopes for a better life. I will now over-share a bit to maybe provide you with some ideas about what perspectives in this situation can look like:

Open discussion and exploration of suicidality as a coping method: Wanting to die is incredibly stigmatized. Allowing yourself to openly think about and consider it as a real option that can be taken if you wish can be cathartic and help you reflect on life and death much better than when only thinking about suicide in connection to stigmatization and shame. Recently, when I was at a very low point, I planned my death in vivid detail, thinking about burials, settling my debts and donating my stuff. Very often in life, I feel like I don't have any control over my existence - I can't make people like me, can't find I job I enjoy, can't make myself conventionally attractive. Planning my death and realising that this is a realistic course of action I can go through, that I can make all of this go away and that I am not powerless in this is a great source of comfort and it gives me strength and hope to try out everything before I decide to end it.

Chaotic career paths: I only started to go to uni at 23. When I was 21, I was hopeless and working in a minimum wage job in social services, dealing with violent clients 10 hours a day. I didn't really think it would be better. Going to study was more or less an accident. Even now, I'm only interning (at 25 years old) and my longest employment has been 10 months. I know there are over-achievers everywhere but 21 is quite early to conclude that there is no perspective for you, I didn't have any back then either.

Fucked up social skills: I got diagnosed with autism at the age of 24. Before that, people didn't really suspect it. For me, it's at least a tiny relief. I find interacting with people a little bit easier when I disclose that and there now are people with whom I have had friendly interaction for over a year now. I turned 25 recently and this year has been the first year ever I celebrated my birthday with people who seem to care about me (my grandma made me a cake when I was a child but there were no friends present so that doesn't count). Don't get me wrong, bad social relations and especially no relationship are still my biggest sources of suffering here. But it can change even in the mid-twenties. It might not of course, but it can.

Bad organisation and messy flats: It feels like a bit of a defeat but I've admitted to myself that I just can't do this because of my autism + adhd combo. I applied for an assistence in household and will have a person that comes and helps me clean and do my laundry on a weekly basis. Is this something I want to tell the outside world? Nah, definitely not but it allows me to have energy for my work and studies and build a life for myself. Because I won't ever function as a neurotypical person can. I can either try to live with it or choose to not accept it and kill myself. I think both are valid but since one of them is permanent, I will be doing them in this order.

vkore

vkore

Feb 27, 2023
Hi @vkore, I'm so sorry you're going through this. You remind me a lot of me - I have severe social issues, I can't keep my house clean, ever, my career is very meh and perhaps most importantly, I swing between acute suicidal ideation and hopes for a better life. I will now over-share a bit to maybe provide you with some ideas about what perspectives in this situation can look like:

Open discussion and exploration of suicidality as a coping method: Wanting to die is incredibly stigmatized. Allowing yourself to openly think about and consider it as a real option that can be taken if you wish can be cathartic and help you reflect on life and death much better than when only thinking about suicide in connection to stigmatization and shame. Recently, when I was at a very low point, I planned my death in vivid detail, thinking about burials, settling my debts and donating my stuff. Very often in life, I feel like I don't have any control over my existence - I can't make people like me, can't find I job I enjoy, can't make myself conventionally attractive. Planning my death and realising that this is a realistic course of action I can go through, that I can make all of this go away and that I am not powerless in this is a great source of comfort and it gives me strength and hope to try out everything before I decide to end it.

Chaotic career paths: I only started to go to uni at 23. When I was 21, I was hopeless and working in a minimum wage job in social services, dealing with violent clients 10 hours a day. I didn't really think it would be better. Going to study was more or less an accident. Even now, I'm only interning (at 25 years old) and my longest employment has been 10 months. I know there are over-achievers everywhere but 21 is quite early to conclude that there is no perspective for you, I didn't have any back then either.

Fucked up social skills: I got diagnosed with autism at the age of 24. Before that, people didn't really suspect it. For me, it's at least a tiny relief. I find interacting with people a little bit easier when I disclose that and there now are people with whom I have had friendly interaction for over a year now. I turned 25 recently and this year has been the first year ever I celebrated my birthday with people who seem to care about me (my grandma made me a cake when I was a child but there were no friends present so that doesn't count). Don't get me wrong, bad social relations and especially no relationship are still my biggest sources of suffering here. But it can change even in the mid-twenties. It might not of course, but it can.

Bad organisation and messy flats: It feels like a bit of a defeat but I've admitted to myself that I just can't do this because of my autism + adhd combo. I applied for an assistence in household and will have a person that comes and helps me clean and do my laundry on a weekly basis. Is this something I want to tell the outside world? Nah, definitely not but it allows me to have energy for my work and studies and build a life for myself. Because I won't ever function as a neurotypical person can. I can either try to live with it or choose to not accept it and kill myself. I think both are valid but since one of them is permanent, I will be doing them in this order.
i relate with you a lot. especially about the autism + adhd part, but personally every job/internship i tried, i had to end because i would have multiple panic attacks a day. i have autism, adhd, bipolar, ocd, depression and anxiety (all diagnosed) and working while being this way seems completely impossible.

rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
I suffered panic attacks at work too. I suspect you are experiencing even more issues than me though.
For me, I found out that I can only function well in research and am somehow trying to get an assistant position at uni. I assisted on a small project this year and it was just me working alone with the books in the library, no people, no social norms, just me and the paper we were working on.
Can you apply for disability benefits where you live? Would something like that be an option for you?

I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
I kind of get what you mean and can relate in a way

Right now i want to die but don't want to hurt my family members.
Life is unbelievably bad, but not bad to the point where I will make a serious decision to CTB
So I am kind of stuck in a crap boring pointless life

I just need something to push me over the edge

• Hugs
Reactions: arnxxx