my life would've been so different in every way

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kitty_kat, jellymomo, sorrowful and 7 others
Ondine0000ff

Ondine0000ff

Ondine
Aug 19, 2023
I don't think it's that shallow, I mean a lot of people have thought "i wish i looked like this or that" at least once in their life.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, hi-okbye and avaruus
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Don't we all? But prettiness can be a curse, especially for a woman. Not to sound too dark, but they probably are the most common victims of sexual harrasment etc...

Reactions: stormynight, not-2-b-the-answer, hi-okbye and 2 others
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
yes but it's actually one of the main reasons I want to ctb because I'll never feel pretty
It sounds so ridiculous but it's true

Avaruus yeah that is true but it doesn't stop me wanting it 😢

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Ondine0000ff, hi-okbye and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
yes but it's actually one of the main reasons I want to ctb because I'll never feel pretty
It sounds so ridiculous but it's true

Avaruus yeah that is true but it doesn't stop me wanting it 😢
Its not ridiculous to want to ctb because you feel you aren't attractive, if you are sure of your choice and it is disturbing the quality of life, your appearance, it is a completely valid reason to ctb. I have said many times before that not everyone is capable of handling things similarly so wanting to ctb for this reason isn't ridiculous at all.

• Love
Reactions: stormynight, kitty_kat, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
Altalune

Altalune

alea iacta est
Oct 21, 2023
I am objectively beautiful. That caused me a world of issues.

I was assaulted by someone at my faculty, the guys I dated were mostly shallow, I faced harassment almost every week by motorcycle couriers and random guys. It is not pleasant.

Of course, it's sometimes great to be pretty, but I genuinely wish I wasn't. My looks didn't stop me from Ctb soon, and if I were average, maybe I would find someone who truly loved me for my personality, not people who liked my appearance and ran away from me during difficult times.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: stormynight, not-2-b-the-answer, hi-okbye and 2 others
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
Altatune - I'm so sorry you went through that :( you deserve to have someone who loves you for your personality and not leave you when things are hard.

I guess I want to be loved for both looks and personality and I'm not pretty and I don't value my personality much either I'm boring and I'm not really talented at anything either lol

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Well, considering the emphasis society is putting on this issue it's not so shallow at all wanting to be accepted. Not sure if this is realistic, but am wondering, what it would be like if all of us had a certain beauty and attractiveness to one another, so that, superficial interests aside, it really only came down to one's personal connection.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, hi-okbye and wildflowers1996
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I am objectively beautiful. That caused me a world of issues.

I was assaulted by someone at my faculty, the guys I dated were mostly shallow, I faced harassment almost every week by motorcycle couriers and random guys. It is not pleasant.

Of course, it's sometimes great to be pretty, but I genuinely wish I wasn't. My looks didn't stop me from Ctb soon, and if I were average, maybe I would find someone who truly loved me for my personality, not people who liked my appearance and ran away from me during difficult times.
Not to be rude, but I've heard similar things that have also happened to women who are average looking and even below average looking. Being attractive or not doesn't really make a difference. Power dynamics and vunerability play a bigger role harassment and assault.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, suicidalgirl96, sorrowful and 1 other person
Altalune

Altalune

alea iacta est
Oct 21, 2023
Not to be rude, but I've heard similar things that have also happened to women who are average looking and even below average looking. Being attractive or not doesn't really make a difference. Power dynamics and vunerability play a bigger role harassment and assault.
Lmao no worries, I know I'm pretty

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Lmao no worries, I know I'm pretty
My comment was a general statement surrounding cases of assault and harassment. I wasn't implying that you weren't pretty. I don't even really care about it. My main point is that being attractive has little to nothing to do with assault and harassment. Making these sorts of issues out to be something that is specifically connected to attractiveness is bad since it can make it harder for victims who don't meet social beauty standards to be taken seriously when these things happen to them. Most perpetrators specifically target those whom they have power over and those whom they perceive as vulnerable. Attractiveness isn't that big of factor here.

Reactions: voyager, kitty_kat, suicidalgirl96 and 2 others
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
People tell me I'm beautiful, but I don't see it. All I see is a pathetic ugly girl who was raped and abused and I must have deserved it

• Hugs
Reactions: suicidalgirl96, stormynight, Shiva_Story and 2 others
Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
can you imagine how it feels to be a beautiful woman validated with attention and appreciated for beauty by everyone everywhere for a certain period of time and for this validation and appreciation to gradually dissapear with increasing age and in the end being mostly ignored, dismissed and invisible.. must be depressing

Last edited:
Reactions: Amyend88 and voyager
FailureToAll

FailureToAll

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Me too, or atleast just average.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager