• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

delphi4470

-
Dec 20, 2023
All the people who say/think suicide is selfish are incredibly selfish themselves. Most people who commit have been going through pain and trauma most people will never get to experience for years or decades straight, wanting them to delay their inevitable death so they aren't sad and have to deal with grieving are literally saying they want you to continue suffering for the rest of your life, it's not like trauma just goes away or gets better magically. I can't fathom why anyone would think this or even say it tbh.

Reactions: wistfulness, SoulCage, leavingthesoultrap and 14 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
It really is such a cruel and insensitive thing to say, they truly are the selfish ones as after all none of us are obligated to continue existing anyway. Wanting to permanently escape from all suffering is always a very valid way to feel and it's our right. Pro-lifers who wish to prolong the suffering of others no matter what should just learn to mind their own business as the decisions of other people aren't theirs to make, they cannot experience existence in the same way anyway. It really disgusts me how so many hold anti-suicide beliefs even know there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they exist, I despise how they invalidate people's suffering so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callie102121 and delphi4470
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
This website is a perfect example of it.

wistfulness

wistfulness

Nov 15, 2023
People who consider suicide a selfish action are selfish themselves, considering they are not thinking of what the act represents to the person suffering. They only consider what it would mean to them and their life. In many cases, suicidal people suffer in the dark, with no one other than themselves truly knowing the magnitude of the situation. Many people who go on to commit suicide do so as a last resort. I believe that suicidal ideation does not come from wanting to die, it comes from wanting to live a life that seems unattainable to you. Depression is a disease. A sickness. And those suffering with this disease are typically shamed for it, the very existence of a disorder denied. How could you not want to die in such circumstances?

Reactions: SoulCage, Callie102121, yyytry and 1 other person
Baron

Baron

Is there a meaning to anything?
Jun 29, 2023
I think, suicide is selfish. I think most actions are selfish. I do not see selfishness in a negative way. Humans are selfish and thats fine. I see the act of me writing this comment as selfish. The most selfless thing to do, is letting everybody be selfish.

Reactions: delphi4470
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
I don't think it makes any difference, after all life creates misery seemingly at random, whether it's fair or not.

Reactions: Rhizomorph1
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I don't wish this on anybody, not even them. This is the worst nightmare hell experience.

Reactions: breezeboy
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
i just say fuck em, worthless normtard reptiles, but that's a lot easier to say at fifty-three than it was at twenty-three, or even forty-three, for that matter. Survival does have a few feeble consolations.

C

Callie102121

Jul 6, 2022
All the people who say/think suicide is selfish are incredibly selfish themselves. Most people who commit have been going through pain and trauma most people will never get to experience for years or decades straight, wanting them to delay their inevitable death so they aren't sad and have to deal with grieving are literally saying they want you to continue suffering for the rest of your life, it's not like trauma just goes away or gets better magically. I can't fathom why anyone would think this or even say it tbh.
What kills me (Ha! If only.) is that people who say that think it's a way to talk someone out of suicide. Oh, so now I not only feel like hammered crap all the time, I'm selfish for feeling it? Yeah that toooootally makes me want to live longer. 🙄

I grew up in an abusive household, I have chronic depression, I have general health issues and an advancing disability. How is it not understandable that I don't want to live? There are literally mainstream movies where characters try to take their lives as their disabilities advance.

Reactions: SoulCage and wistfulness