Lauriso

Lauriso

Jul 26, 2022
Yesterday I found a quote from Ram Dass that I had shared on 2015:
When I am searching for the ways to stay in love, I hear Maharajji saying, "Feed people, serve people, love everybody, tell the truth." So I serve more … and I find myself more in love. What is wonderful is that the love lies not outside as a reward, like a gold star for being a good helper, but within the act itself. For when you offer yourself in service, it opens your own heart so that you may once again taste the sweetness of your own heart's innate compassion.
So despite my own pain I will try to relieve others' suffering. I am still learning how. One simple way is to respond to people's posts here. I signed up to volunteer at a hospice with terminally ill patients because I have studied psychology and thought about death a lot, maybe I have something to offer. Often we're not aware of the resources we have until a situation demands them, and we're surprised at our own capabilities. And today I went to the animal shelter to volunteer for the first time and took this Ukrainian refugee dog for a walk in the forest. She loved it, and I came home knowing I made someone's existence a little bit better.
Img

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: marchshift, mediocre, Pubert and 4 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It can be a real boost to know that you have helped someone else.

Siclop

Siclop

Jul 16, 2022
There is a chinese proverb thats say: "If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody."

has some scientific research that shows how altruism affects your brain in the same parts that are stimulated by food and sex.

its a good way to follow, and you doing a great job man keep going

Last edited:
Reactions: Pubert
D

doormat25

Oct 25, 2023
Yesterday I found a quote from Ram Dass that I had shared on 2015:

So despite my own pain I will try to relieve others' suffering. I am still learning how. One simple way is to respond to people's posts here. I signed up to volunteer at a hospice with terminally ill patients because I have studied psychology and thought about death a lot, maybe I have something to offer. Often we're not aware of the resources we have until a situation demands them, and we're surprised at our own capabilities. And today I went to the animal shelter to volunteer for the first time and took this Ukrainian refugee dog for a walk in the forest. She loved it, and I came home knowing I made someone's existence a little bit better.
View attachment 96638
❤️