Euthanasia

Euthanasia

Student
Mar 18, 2022
Rumor has it that the main character, the people around him, and the characters are extremely successful and on the rise in the story, and that they are naturally gifted people who are likely to be successful enough to be recognized by the world, and if you look at the bocchi-related community bulletin boards, those rumors are almost established as facts. The more I look at it in reality, the more it seems to be so different from my real self, so much more incredible than I can imagine, that I feel greatly deprived.

Also, the anime seems to have been so successful that it has no flaws and is completely flawless. Even on this site, I always see profile pictures of bocchi-related characters, so I don't even dare to criticize the fandom or the anime. If I criticize it, I'll become an anti. I'm scared because I feel like I'll be a high treason criminal.

Now I just don't even want to look at the bocchi photos. When I look at them, I feel deprived and my life is so shabby that I want to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: binturong
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I mean most anime characters are, or discover themselves as extremely gifted and talented. Especially in shounens because the bottom line is that if you work hard in your life, you will be successful.
Obviously it's not always like that in the real world, and not everyone is talented or gifted by nature.

But I can kinda relate to how you feel, I read a manga that to me was like a punch in the stomach because its morals really opened my eyes on how the world goes.
And it pissed me off because I really wish the world wasn't like that, but whatever. And the truth is that it probably made me a bit more suicidal too.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ šŸ’•āœØ
Jun 9, 2023
idk~ I think you're complaining about Bocchi in the same way that why I can't watch/read romance stuff anymore~ One feels hopeless and insanely jealous~

Reactions: tiger b and princexhhn
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I don't know how much of the op is facetious. As it's a suicide forum I'll take it you're being deadly serious, not deadpan.

Who cares what others think about anime you might watch and enjoy? Everyone will differ. I enjoyed Bocchi, although I did find the social anxiety element a bit overdone. There are a few plot holes, to say the least. I found some of the musical jokes entertaining - the six string bass situation springs to mind. And I did enjoy the intro to and song of 'That Band' in ep 8. That grabbed me. Although it's just a groovy version of The Unforgettable Fire from 1984 hahaha. I played in bands from being a teenager onward, so I like the whole subject area, and am trying to ignore my bias here.

I didn't think the starter guitar - Gibson Ebony Les Paul Custom - is realistic. She's lent it by her da at 13/14? It's worth thousands and thousands. And then she eventually upgrades it to a Yamaha (albeit an excellent guitar) at about 1/6 of the price!!! Why does noone play a Squier or Epiphone in anime? That's what starter bands do. Ok I forgive GlDeMo for it in Angel Beats (Ā£2000 bass FFS) as it's a reincarnation situation, but come on.

K-On > Bocchi imho. Bocchi 7.5/10. I've never read a single review of it.

I'd always watch any anime before reading too many reviews of it. Op, if you can, I think you should watch it. But I don't think it's a must see.

Last edited:
BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
I always see profile pictures of bocchi-related characters, so I don't even dare to criticize the fandom or the anime. If I criticize it, I'll become an anti. I'm scared because I feel like I'll be a high treason criminal.
I have a bocchi PFP and really don't care if you criticize or don't like it. I get that some fans defend their fav anime with their lives, but in the end who even cares? I think sharing your opinion about something will almost always upset someone, but that shouldn't stop you from doing it imo. And others might even agree with you :)
I don't know how much of the op is facetious. As it's a suicide forum I'll take it you're being deadly serious, not deadpan.

Who cares what others think about anime you might watch and enjoy? Everyone will differ. I enjoyed Bocchi, although I did find the social anxiety element a bit overdone. There are a few plot holes, to say the least. I found some of the musical jokes entertaining - the six string bass situation springs to mind. And I did enjoy the intro to and song of 'That Band' in ep 8. That grabbed me. Although it's just a groovy version of The Unforgettable Fire from 1984 hahaha. I played in bands from being a teenager onward, so I like the whole subject area, and am trying to ignore my bias here.

I didn't think the starter guitar - Gibson Ebony Les Paul Custom - is realistic. She's lent it by her da at 13/14? It's worth thousands and thousands. And then she eventually upgrades it to a Yamaha (albeit an excellent guitar) at about 1/6 of the price!!! Why does noone play a Squier or Epiphone in anime? That's what starter bands do. Ok I forgive GlDeMo for it in Angel Beats (Ā£2000 bass FFS) as it's a reincarnation situation, but come on.

K-On > Bocchi imho. Bocchi 7.5/10. I've never read a single review of it.

I'd always watch any anime before reading too many reviews of it. Op, if you can, I think you should watch it. But I don't think it's a must see.
Idk why but I really like that you have so much knowledge on guitars/basses xd

Last edited:
Reactions: tiger b
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
...okay? Why make a post about it?
Himizu is a pretty good manga that has a hopeless ending, Serial Experiments Lain does too. However, unfortunately, people don't seem to appreciate hopeless endings, and characters who are just stuck in the same situation with no change aren't very engaging.

Reactions: tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
The meme is disgusting,

I kind of get what you mean, and the 'phenomenon' which irks you so much must look a little comical, but using that caricature of an unkempt middle-aged man because it's a reasonably socially acceptable group to attack to illustrate your annoyance...is just a cheap shot. Why isn't it an old woman or a disabled man or a more attractive man in the picture? Or a transexual? Or black?

Why can't you just write clearer and not use ageist sexist memes to make your ummm point. If it was you venting on a venting post I'd understand.

Over-identifying with fictional characters might be irrational, but so would be saying x can never ever relate to y based on physical form, religion, race, age and so on.

Now excuse me, I must get back to my anime about some terminally ill septegarian fixing cars, chugging beers, existentially pointless and being emotionally crippled. He's just like me lol lol

Euthanasia

Euthanasia

Student
Mar 18, 2022
The meme is disgusting,

I kind of get what you mean, and the 'phenomenon' which irks you so much must look a little comical, but using that caricature of an unkempt middle-aged man because it's a reasonably socially acceptable group to attack to illustrate your annoyance...is just a cheap shot. Why isn't it an old woman or a disabled man or a more attractive man in the picture? Or a transexual? Or black?

Why can't you just write clearer and not use ageist sexist memes to make your ummm point. If it was you venting on a venting post I'd understand.

Over-identifying with fictional characters might be irrational, but so would be saying x can never ever relate to y based on physical form, religion, race, age and so on.

Now excuse me, I must get back to my anime about some terminally ill septegarian fixing cars, chugging beers, existentially pointless and being emotionally crippled. He's just like me lol lol
I wrote this article because I was particularly bothered by the fact that people are ridiculing and caricaturing people who are buying bocchi, whose value has literally increased tremendously, while over-evaluating bocchi and unconditionally deifying it.

To put it simply, how dare you try to identify with a bocchi? I'm saying that I find it disgusting that you don't even know how to identify yourself and try to identify with a bocchi who is of a higher level than you, because it feels like you're trying to get involved with a bocchi who is perfect in every way.

If you still don't understand what I'm saying, please ask questions as if you were explaining it to a child, and I apologize to anyone who found my words difficult and difficult to understand.

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Now I just don't even want to look at the bocchi photos. When I look at them, I feel deprived and my life is so shabby that I want to die.
Is it just me but all fictional main or cool characters are being protected by nanny authors. That's the reason I can't watch or read fiction.
Recently, Anne Frank's diary was more entertaining than Harry Potter for me.