• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
I'm currently writing this post from my favorite spot of my favorite park. This is the first time I've stepped outside during the day in over 10 months, the first time I've been back in this park in over a year. I suffer from bad agoraphobia, among other worsening issues that have put me in a state of deep depression and isolation. I've been building myself up the past couple weeks to step outside and witness this solar eclipse today. I was finally able to step outside and I'm still sitting in this park, trying to piece together the racing thoughts and emotions in my head.

I didn't have the solar eclipse glasses, and I couldn't find one from any of the stores on the way to the park. I came to the park anyway, thinking surely someone else there would share their glasses with me. By the time i got to the park the eclipse was happening, and there were many groups of people watching. Against my social anxiety, I asked three people for the glasses, two of them politely rejected me in a cold manner. An older lady who was by herself handed me her glasses before I even finished my words. That was my only quick glimpse of the eclipse today. I thanked her and walked to a quieter corner of the park. While everyone was looking up, I was looking down and around. I was more amazed at the seagulls and ducks swimming around the water, it's been a while since I've been around nature. The park and the views of the water and skyline are pretty amazing.

I'm happy to be here, but I feel like a lonely ghost back in my favorite childhood park, surrounded by strangers from a different time. I feel like the loneliest person in this whole entire city, but then my estranged mother called me, asking if I'm watching the eclipse. I realized that I'm still luckly enough to have my mother who remembers my existence. There must be people out there who don't have anyone, not even their mothers. I'm 28, a rotten hollowed out zombie, rising from the shallow grave, hanging on by the last remaining thread of stubborn internal hope. How long until I become that someone who's truly alone. How much longer can I survive in this world like this. How long before i exhaust that last thread of hope and can no longer rise from the grave. Screw that underwhelming solar eclipse. Screw those cold people who can't even share their 2 dollar paper glasses, even though their groups had many glasses. Thank you old lady for maintaining that last ounce of kindness. The sea air is refreashing, the ducks are adorable, the seagulls are seagulls, the nature is better than I remembered, and man these views, these views are amazing.

I think I'm ready to finally come out of the isolation and hold my head above the water so i can take a hard look at where i am. I need to decide if I want to exhaust and exploit these last bits of hope until none is left, or do I want to hold on to them and leave with them. I hate the idea of leaving without clinging on to at least some last bits of hope, like a book ending without any room left for questions or what ifs. I don't know if im making any sense, but I'm in a conundrum here. I never thought I would live this long, it's been a confusing and detached life. I also didn't think I could ever come out to the park again, and here I am...

For anyone reading this, thank you for reading. For anyone out there who can remotely relate to me, I'm sorry if you're also lonely and hopeless. If you were here with me, I would do anything for you. I mean it, I would have braved against my anxiety and asked as many people as I could to get a pair of those glasses for you. I would have done way more for you than I did for myself today.

Last edited:
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
I'm currently writing this post from my favorite spot of my favorite park. This is the first time I've stepped outside during the day in over 10 months, the first time I've been back in this park in over a year. I suffer from bad agoraphobia, among other worsening issues that have put me in a state of deep depression and isolation. I've been building myself up the past couple weeks to step outside and witness this solar eclipse today. I was finally able to step outside and I'm still sitting in this park, trying to piece together the racing thoughts and emotions in my head.

I didn't have the solar eclipse glasses, and I couldn't find one from any of the stores on the way to the park. I came to the park anyway, thinking surely someone else there would share their glasses with me. By the time i got to the park the eclipse was happening, and there were many groups of people watching. Against my social anxiety, I asked three people for the glasses, two of them politely rejected me in a cold manner. An older lady who was by herself handed me her glasses before I even finished my words. That was my only quick glimpse of the eclipse today. I thanked her and walked to a quieter corner of the park. While everyone was looking up, I was looking down and around. I was more amazed at the seagulls and ducks swimming around the water, it's been a while since I've been around nature. The park and the views of the water and skyline are pretty amazing.

I'm happy to be here, but I feel like a lonely ghost back in my favorite childhood park, surrounded by strangers from a different time. I feel like the loneliest person in this whole entire city, but then my estranged mother called me, asking if I'm watching the eclipse. I realized that I'm still luckly enough to have my mother who remembers my existence. There must be people out there who don't have anyone, not even their mothers. I'm 28, a rotten hollowed out zombie, rising from the shallow grave, hanging on by the last remaining thread of stubborn internal hope. How long until I become that someone who's truly alone. How much longer can I survive in this world like this. How long before i exhaust that last thread of hope and can no longer rise from the grave. Screw that underwhelming solar eclipse. Screw those cold people who can't even share their 2 dollar paper glasses, even though their groups had many glasses. Thank you old lady for maintaining that last ounce of kindness. The sea air is refreashing, the ducks are adorable, the seagulls are seagulls, the nature is better than I remembered, and man these views, these views are amazing.

I think I'm ready to finally come out of the isolation and hold my head above the water so i can take a hard look at where i am. I need to decide if I want to exhaust and exploit these last bits of hope until none is left, or do I want to hold on to them and leave with them. I hate the idea of leaving without clinging on to at least some last bits of hope, like a book ending without any room left for questions or what ifs. I don't know if im making any sense, but I'm in a conundrum here. I never thought I would live this long, it's been a confusing and detached life. I also didn't think I could ever come out to the park again, and here I am...

For anyone reading this, thank you for reading. For anyone out there who can remotely relate to me, I'm sorry if you're also lonely and hopeless. If you were here with me, I would do anything for you. I mean it, I would have braved against my anxiety and asked as many people as I could to get a pair of those glasses for you. I would have done way more for you than I did for myself today.
View attachment 134813
Awwww that's so sweet to say that you want to help us. You can give support on her and receive more support.
It's amazing that you were able to take that huge step and go out. I'm glad you found some enjoyment and that you came upon the path of a good person/the old lady

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i kinda hoped you were kidding when i read the title. i thought 'you're going out after 10 months to see darkness?'. anyway, i'm glad you feel better

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
that's an incredible feat to leave the house after so many months in isolation! it's scary as hell. you should be proud you took those steps and are thinking maybe there are those smaller moments to enjoy, despite the cold people that around.

for every cold and distant person, there are people like the kind lady you met. we're happy for you! i deeply feel the agoraphobic isolation and loneliness and isolation that comes with it. when you finally step outside the world feel so strange as do the people.

one day i hope i can take that first step alone too.

congrats!

K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024

View attachment 134813
cooll

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
Bloody hell! You are an incredible person!! I wish I would be in your presence and if you would allow me I would hug you forever. Enjoying the nature, thinking about your mum, thinking about us, you have one of the most beautiful minds on this planet. Life without people like you would be an endless eclipse. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, thank you for sharing that photo, thank you for your existence! We love you! <3