bluesoapyskies

bluesoapyskies

Aug 4, 2023
this is my first time posting something in the recovery thread. ive actually been on this site before, years ago, however at the time, i was a teenager (and thus was promptly kicked off lol). i found some of the posts on my old account and they make me sad reading them. although i was quite determined on dying and had actually planned a serious attempt, there were some cries were help i could spot throughout my posts.

im an adult now. a lot has happened in my life and im at a point now where i must face reality and make some big decisions.

overall, ive never actually "wanted" to commit suicide. i dont think most people do. i think we're brought to this decision by unfortunate circumstances we face in life. no one wants to be sad and depressed.

i want to live but im so scared. i deal with some physical health concerns, both internally and externally, and they significantly decrease my quality of life.

i want to live a fulfilling life. due to my health conditions, ive come to accept that ill likely never get married and have a family. although this was painful to come to terms with, i understand that there is more to life than just kids. however my conditions may also affect my work life. giving up a family is one thing, but giving up a career, thats impossible. i need to be able to support myself and find something at the very least which can keep me occupied and interested.

starting now, i am hoping to recover. i used to set strict deadlines for myself such as "my life better be perfect by 18 or im done!" or "my body must look like this is x amount of months or i give up!" this was unrealistic as life is unpredictable and there are unfortunately some things we just cant control. i am going to be more patient with myself now, however this decision is still a ticking clock. i hope things get better physically, i really hope they do. to me, suicide is a rational decision. if my quality of life is affected so heavily to the point where i cannot even attain some semblance of comfort, that's cruel and is a form of self torture.

im giving my body reasonable amounts of time. i will try to be kinder to myself and avoid overdosing and drowning myself in alcohol when times get tough.

suicide is a last resort to me, one i hope to not face, but may have to if things dont improve. i like to know that there is always a way out, that im not trapped. even when things are going good, i always need a to have a backup plan.

i hope life gets better, not only for me, but for all of us.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EndofSmallSanctuary, milquetoast, imissmykitten and 11 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I say this to a lot of people with physical problems and it never really goes down to well but it doesn't deter me. Mind body medicine really helped me, there is a big connection between our mental well being and physical diseases. If you can unlock your trauma you may be able to get a hold on your physical conditions.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, bluesoapyskies and Brown-Jacket Revy
ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020
This is such a nice phrase. Good luck on your journey!!!!

As silly and condescending as it felt at the time, the change from a teenager to an adult feels different. I also experienced a similar situation but as I grow older my urge to visit here became less. Life didn't exactly get better or easier but I'm trying harder to live this time around. Let's try together :D

• Love
Reactions: lavender143once, whywere, bluesoapyskies and 1 other person
rammi77

rammi77

trying to become the friend of the world !
Aug 19, 2023
This is really sweet, you're a very beautiful person. It's clear to me you've grown a lot. You still have more growing to do, so keep going. I also agree that most don't actually want this, if circumstances were better none of us would. I'm sure good things are coming, especially for you

• Love
Reactions: whywere, bluesoapyskies and ChoclateIsSweet
ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020
This is really sweet, you're a very beautiful person. It's clear to me you've grown a lot. You still have more growing to do, so keep going. I also agree that most don't actually want this, if circumstances were better none of us would. I'm sure good things are coming, especially for you

Thank you! This is the nicest thing anyone has told me. You're very kind yourself, I hope you and the world become good friends. :D

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and bluesoapyskies
parader

parader

bpd cursed
Apr 15, 2023
i can relate so much, wish you the very best!

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and bluesoapyskies
rammi77

rammi77

trying to become the friend of the world !
Aug 19, 2023
Thank you! This is the nicest thing anyone has told me. You're very kind yourself, I hope you and the world become good friends. :D
Yeah!!! it's my goal. i want to be a good friend for everyone! especially before i inevitably CTB
Oh, and I'd like to be your friend too!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: ChoclateIsSweet and whywere
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
this is my first time posting something in the recovery thread. ive actually been on this site before, years ago, however at the time, i was a teenager (and thus was promptly kicked off lol). i found some of the posts on my old account and they make me sad reading them. although i was quite determined on dying and had actually planned a serious attempt, there were some cries were help i could spot throughout my posts.
Interesting! What's the positives/negatives of not having been on sasu, when you were under 18?

This forum doesn't have practice with people under 18 (and therefore is unlikely to be competent at those issues). But that said, it would've helped me to be here before I was 18. People work differently, so I'm just curious how other people are

bluesoapyskies

bluesoapyskies

Aug 4, 2023
Interesting! What's the positives/negatives of not having been on sasu, when you were under 18?

This forum doesn't have practice with people under 18 (and therefore is unlikely to be competent at those issues). But that said, it would've helped me to be here before I was 18. People work differently, so I'm just curious how other people are
positives of being on sasu:
- it was like a community and i really bonded with some of the members on here. i didnt feel so alone in my feelings so that was quite nice,
- finding proper info on how to carry out my method. my method was a little obscure and quite intense so i was glad i could find the resources i needed to carry it out on here. i felt much more prepared, less scared, and more certain in its success rate.
- people dont judge here. i hated being discouraged all the time and being told itll get better etc. anyone whos suicidal gets sick of hearing that. people assume we enjoy being sad and that we just immediately gave up as soon as things got tough.

cons:
- being on here can put you in a certain mindset. suicide seems like a very simple decision which in a lot of senses, it is, but in others, its not.

overall i dont have many cons. this website is good. nobody ever encouraged me and when they found out i was a minor after a couple months or so, i was kicked off pretty quickly. i dont know yet if i regret staying around or not after my teenage suicide attempts. maybe my attempts failed for a "reason" but only time will tell.

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél