Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
For the most part it seems people prefer suicide methods that work quickly or instantly. However, I really want to die slowly (ideal time frame would be between 1-3 hours). I really want to have some time to think about my life and make peace with death. The thought of all 20 years of my life ending in an instant feels too scary... I want to die, I just want to think about it first.

As far as methods go I guess that leaves hypothermia, blood loss, or posioning. All very painful unfortunately :( Still, I think having a long death is important enough to me that I can bear the pain.

Do any of you feel something similar? Like I said, I know most people seem to want the opposite. Would be nice to know I'm not alone. I hope you are all having an okay day/night

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Wrennie and Pookie
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
You could do all this before suicide. If you, for example, decided to take SN you could take some time to reflect before you drank it, I don't quite understand how you feel on this but I don't think you should put yourself through pain for longer than you need to, And dying slowly/being in pain might make it hard to really reflect on life anyways,

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Moon2018, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
With hypothermia you'll have some time to think before delirium sets in at later stages. With blood loss you'll probably start feeling weaker and then you won't be able to think clearly, or perhaps even panic/survival instinct and regret might kick in while your life slowly ebbs away. With poison you might feel so much pain or delirium that you won't be able to think clearly about your life at all.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Wrennie
wannagohome

wannagohome

Jan 6, 2021
I think that everything should be said and done prior to the decision to ctb. I very much understand your intention but 1-3 hours to think about your life is giving SI 1-3 hours to kick in and to mess up everything. My dream is be to find the magic switch and *click* it's over. No pain, no doubt - just the end. Just a dream ...

Reactions: wafflescat, Ghost2211, Wrennie and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I have practical issues with this, being alone and not being found for 2 hours seems hard

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I can understand. I wouldn't mind feeling the process over time, but I think you could gain similar reflection through thought and focus on the topic in the days leading up. We had a least one friend here that embraced the process of dying, and wanted to feel it every step of the way since it's a beautiful, natural, and unique experience.

Reactions: Anarcholoser and Pookie
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
me to want to die slowly between 1-3 hours). as my life slowly dies then lights out

Reactions: Dead Meat