D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I'll have to wait years until covid-19 has died down & i can fire my head off or else order SN. I have to go to America, because in the UK suicide is nearly impossible- unless you've practiced hanging.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr blobby, Seul, death137 and 2 others
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
I just turned 21 and I can relate. I feel in a lot of ways much more older than anyone my age and I'm sure you do too. I am in the usa and suicide at this age is still just as rare. SN is pretty available here though so I guess thats a rare pro to live here.

• Hugs
Reactions: darksideofthebright and Deleted member 23885
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
America truly is the land of the free, you are so lucky.

justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
I just turned 21 and I can relate. I feel in a lot of ways much more older than anyone my age and I'm sure you do too. I am in the usa and suicide at this age is still just as rare. SN is pretty available here though so I guess thats a rare pro to live here.
Actually in the the US suicide is one of the top 3 leading causes of death in young ppl (15-30) and in elderly. They are the two most vulnerable populations.
Here is a great article with many facts that are from actual research articles and cited with suicide statistics mostly for the US but suicide is very very common in the US in younger populations. It's most common in middle aged white men but it's in the top 3-5 causes of death in young ppl.

Last edited:
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, Seul and Puffinz
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm sorry you're feeling like this in just your 20s. You're really young but hey, the world certainly sucks.

I hope things get better somehow.

Lots of hugs to you

Reactions: darksideofthebright and Deleted member 23885
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I'll have to wait years until covid-19 has died down & i can fire my head off or else order SN. I have to go to America, because in the UK suicide is nearly impossible- unless you've practiced hanging.
CV19 is gonna be mostly over in the US within 6 months. We will have the bulk of the pop vaxxed by then

Reactions: Deleted member 23885
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Thanks, that is kind of optimistic.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
You are in the age group that is increasing the fastest for suicide.

Reactions: NightNight20, coppervomit, Deleted member 23885 and 5 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
It is not surprising the young increase their rate of CTB. We see the trend across countries. I think the young in particular are CTB because they were overpromised on the future and reality is not meeting expectations. Also family formation is way down which though not necessary is something that will anchor people and possibly prevent CTB.

The world economic system of compulsive lying and putting off long term problems is not very fun to participate in

Reactions: Miss_Takes, coppervomit and Deleted member 23885
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
Sorry to hear that life has driven you to this point, OP. I hope with whatever you decide to do, you can find the peace you are looking for. :hug:

I think the suicide rate for young people are increasing a lot more, for a number of reasons. We cannot really share our thoughts and struggles with people of older generations because they have a completely different approach and understandings of mental health issues compared to us (and obviously we cannot tell people who are much younger). Conversations around mental health issues are still so stigmatised by the society, which leads to even people within the same generation not being able to share with each other,

Ultimately, these just result in the feeling of loneliness, isolation and misunderstanding. If we were able to talk about our issues with no fears of being judged, misunderstood and invalidated and to receive adequate and appropriate support, the world could be a much better place.

Reactions: Spitfire, Life is pointless and Deleted member 23885
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Age unfortunately doesn't change our thoughts, my first time I was younger than you. Sorry you feel like this at such a young age. Sending you hugs. Hope you can find some comfort here.

Reactions: Deleted member 23885
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I have no interest in life & experience it as suffering. I don't want to be here anymore. I have depression, anxiety & OCD. It is just too much to deal with. I don't know how other ppl can be so positive all the time- are they even conscious?

Reactions: adam&eve, Spitfire and pthnrdnojvsc
Thrash

Thrash

Nov 21, 2020
I'm 20 as well I'm probably going to ctb in a couple of months

Reactions: adam&eve and Deleted member 23885