justacagedbird

justacagedbird

I just want to be free.
Sep 22, 2023
I know most people here would strongly disagree... but I think it might be good for me. I don't think the people around me realize that these thoughts have consumed my life and made it miserable for me. Maybe if I get sent to the hospital people will understand that I actually need help. Maybe it would be a wakeup call for me too, I'll realize that maybe I actually enjoy life.. even when I want it to end currently. I don't know. Just some weird thoughts of mine

• Hugs
Reactions: borderlinee, Praestat_Mori, parader and 2 others
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
May I suggest you call the suicide hotline or you can text them if you do t want to call. They can better access you or you can voluntarily go and say you're having these thoughts đź‘Ť

Reactions: justacagedbird, Toobrokentofix, haibane and 1 other person
ImpishIndulgence

ImpishIndulgence

Sep 28, 2023
If you admit yourself voluntarily you have the benefit of leaving pretty much whenever you'd like. First time I was committed to a psych ward I was forced to stay for nearly a week, despite my attempt being more or less a cry for help. The bill was not pretty.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
If you admit yourself voluntarily you have the benefit of leaving pretty much whenever you'd like.
That's not necessarily true as many people who voluntarily go in sadly find out.

Reactions: carac, borderlinee and Praestat_Mori
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Have you been in a hospital before? What are your expectations?

justacagedbird

justacagedbird

I just want to be free.
Sep 22, 2023
Have you been in a hospital before? What are your expectations?
I haven't. I'm just hoping to try and find some way to feel better.. meds and therapy haven't worked in the slightest and I feel like that's the last option left.

blackwidow

blackwidow

Road to nowhere
Aug 12, 2022
are you in the UK? If so you can just go into the hospital and tell them what's going on it your head.. Maybe an option.. It's nice to hear you want to help yourself. I wish you luck stay strong x

justacagedbird

justacagedbird

I just want to be free.
Sep 22, 2023
are you in the UK? If so you can just go into the hospital and tell them what's going on it your head.. Maybe an option.. It's nice to hear you want to help yourself. I wish you luck stay strong x
Thank you! No, I'm in the US.. I'm worried about the price as well..

• Aww..
Reactions: blackwidow
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I haven't. I'm just hoping to try and find some way to feel better.. meds and therapy haven't worked in the slightest and I feel like that's the last option left.
Do you have an idea what's causing your MH issues and what's triggering the suicidal thoughts? That's imo the key to be able to start a real recovery attempt with professional help.

As you said neither meds nor therapy worked, as long as the source that causes your MH problems can't be eliminated a stay in a psych ward may also not help much. This is my personal opinion.

I wish you all the best and I hope you can find a way to recover.